GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
That is quite hard to do, given the non-linear fashion of the game. There is not one single discrete "end" unfortunately. That said, there have been discussions internally how to tackle this issue, or at least make it more evident.
I know Ren'Py has a seen_label function. Perhaps that would come in handy? Or maybe just create a variable list of scenes and append to that at the end of scenes. Then just check against that list. If it has all expected content, then "you've reached the end of content for this update."

Probably already thought about this, but will throw it out there anyway.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I have had no problem clicking on a quest and reading...to be continued.....
that has been the go to solution so far, but it is not always easy to do. case in point, the one quest where it is not done in the last update, has an extra scoop of non linearity and an added layer of complication... so Paz will have to think extra hard on how to do that, or we will have to work on a different solution.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
different solution
Maybe different colored text green for go and red for stop. Meaning green means you have content to play and red meaning the fun stops here for now. Could also remove them from the quests when they're content is done and bring them back when more content is available.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Maybe different colored text green for go and red for stop. Meaning green means you have content to play and red meaning the fun stops here for now. Could also remove them from the quests when they're content is done and bring them back when more content is available.
that's adding layers of complication without first solving the issue that prevented us from naming the quest as "to be continued" in the first place. it's not a visual issue, rather one of ... something else that someone else is much better at explaining :p

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
1652042750651.png
1652042758765.png

Dev update 08.05.2021

The hive scene is basically finished with about 250 renders for both outcomes and some animations and cutscenes.

The pictures you're seeing are work in progress previews of the raider mission you got introduced to in the last queen event. I am designing the settlement from scratch, putting every shack and piece of concrete together to give a nice fallout vibe. Really looking forward to this.

Also, the spanish translation for 0.09b is finished, so we are preparing 0.09c over the next days to integrate it! All credit goes to Darax.

Content progress:
Hive pt.2: 99%
Shani's zone entry: 0%
Raiders mission: 10%
(More to follow...)

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
View attachment 1800391
View attachment 1800392

Dev update 08.05.2021

The hive scene is basically finished with about 250 renders for both outcomes and some animations and cutscenes.

The pictures you're seeing are work in progress previews of the raider mission you got introduced to in the last queen event. I am designing the settlement from scratch, putting every shack and piece of concrete together to give a nice fallout vibe. Really looking forward to this.

Also, the spanish translation for 0.09b is finished, so we are preparing 0.09c over the next days to integrate it! All credit goes to Darax.

Content progress:
Hive pt.2: 99%
Shani's zone entry: 0%
Raiders mission: 10%
(More to follow...)
That top one reminds me so much of Fallout 4 with the Raider camps on the destroyed bridges.

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Getting a particularly frustrating error when trying to run either the standard or compressed version, no patches, re-expanded or straight-up redownloaded from scratch - the game ran initially without issue but now I get some sort of traceback issue that appears is related to audio??? Not sure what changed. The error is as follows:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
Are you using v0.09b as that bug was fixed in that version.
Yup, I do. At least that's what the unpacked folder is named.

EDIT: Nevermind! I forgot I used walkthrough mod and it's version is 0.09a which I missed (I just haven't paid attention to version number). I believe the bug was reintroduced by patch. I will check it to be sure but I think I was too quick to scream, sorry!

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
walkthrough mod
Yeap that would do it as most walkthrough mods are edits of the original script files and when installed they overwrite files or get used first if the game files haven't been extracted yet. Glad you figured out what caused the problem.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I hope leaving the vampire girl in the hive was the correct thing to do.

Otherwise I guess I'm starting another save file.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Town folk are heavily possessive, girls are heavily possessive, the mutie babes are heavily possessive,
the nutcase babes out in the wild are hella possessive ... there is no room for free use antics in this society.

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes