Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
What's interesting with the Egyptian motifs in this game is that under the Ptolemaic Dynasty, there was a lot of incest that was sanctioned, Cleopatra being married to her brother, for example.

Reactions: ATaddFF and Artix0

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
What's interesting with the Egypt motifs in this games is under the Ptolemaic Dynasty, there was a lot of incest that was sanctioned, Cleopatra being married to her brother for example.

Ehm, nah, it is a very specific kind of incest for legitimisation purposes, mother of the pharao must be a sister of a previous one (since who the hell knows who is a father of the child, but who is a mother is always clear - it serves as a proof of a bloodline). Brothers married sisters for the legitimacy, but there was no vertical incest to speak of.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What's interesting with the Egypt motifs in this games is under the Ptolemaic Dynasty, there was a lot of incest that was sanctioned, Cleopatra being married to her brother for example.
Back when they thought that keeping their bloodline "pure", not having it diluted by another bloodline, was the right way to go.
Slightly ironic, that it's one of the most damaging things, from an evolutionary perspective.

Reactions: sava75

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Back when they thought that keeping their bloodline "pure", not having it diluted by another bloodline
And again, it was never about the "bloodline". It is about the right to rule in a monarchy. There are about four reasons for it, and neither is "ah our blood must stay pure ahhh".

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Ehm, nah, it is a very specific kind of incest for legitimisation purposes, mother of the pharao must be a sister of a previous one (since who the hell knows who is a father of the child, but who is a mother is always clear - it serves as a proof of a bloodline). Brothers married sisters for the legitimacy, but there was no vertical incest to speak of.
True, but it one of the few cultures, other than Zoroastrian Iran, that had such practices among the rulers. I am not suggesting it was common practice among the populace, merely pointing out the thematic connection.

Reactions: Kellermann

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
You do see the problem, there?
Sure, wasn't clear enough. It is not about "bloodline" as in "mix as little with outsiders as possible" like some sects right now, it is a proof of belongness to the line of rulers. For example, mother of the pharaoe could have been a step-sister of his father, but for as long as she was included in the family in an obvious and clear way, it was accepted.

Basically, it is a test of "fatherhood" older that civilisation - you can't prove who the father is, but you can prove who is the mother, and she needs to be a part of the ruling family. Which, according to the multiple scientists, basically means that egyptian pharaoes were transferring the throne via female line all along, and there was very little of actual incest happening. It was more of a ceremonial marriage with pharao accepting his sisters children as his.

Greek pharaos, who on paper were inbred to the point of becoming unfertile mutants, showed very little signs of actual inbreeding. Cleopatra came out of that line, that on paper looks like a circle.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The weirdest part of the story is how MC is grooming his youngest into being "pretty and available", and her mother and sister see nothing weird or wrong about it and even joke about it. That's really gives a feeling of a dystopian future of changed morals.

BTW, does wife really accepts it? She isn't jealous for changing her for a younger model, or anything like that?
Weird to us in modern day maybe, but it all seems quite plausible in a dystopian reverted Egypt. And isn't one of the reasons we play these games (other than t&a :sneaky: ) to escape from modern reality for a while? Reality kind of sucks right now. It sounds like you have been making in game choices to steer Ain in the direction of "pretty and available." You certainly have the opportunity to do that, but like many things in this game, you are not required to do that. I even believe there is a variable that sets Ain more on the path of being the head of some other household one day (like Zahra). I of course say fuck that. I'm making all possible choices to keep her at home in my happy harem. :) Same with Shani. Those two characters are just too amazing to lose.

Back to the original point though, the game gives you a lot of choice and free will. I don't recall any forced diddling in game. You can raise a family of hardworking, independent ladies if you prefer. That would of course be stupid in an AVN like this imo, but you can do it. And Zahra is confident in her role and isn't worried about being traded in for a newer model. She is an alpha all the way.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Guys, you're getting a little pedantic here. I was just trying make a comment on whichone's "Absolutely. Abnormal for us, but perfectly normal for them, contextually" statement by bring attention to the normalization of incest within the Ptolemaic ruling class and the game's overall Egyptian theme.

Last edited:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
BTW, does wife really accepts it? She isn't jealous for changing her for a younger model, or anything like that?
She's fully on board. Ain's punishment made her horny as well.
It's avoidable.
but a damn shame, if you ask me.. one of Z's best scenes, in my opinion.

The thing with the Pharaos is definitely on my mind... in fact, let me add a bit of text I shared in the discord, replying to a question about sources/inspiration...
I myself tend to think more of cultural/historical references... such as marriage between siblings and first degree relatives being common practice in the pharaoh's dynasty (reason why they were riddled with diseases and defects), incestuous practices in the bible, cultural mores where it is, or was until recently, common practice for brothers of deceased individuals to marry the widow, and in certain cultures for men to have multiple partners...add to it a share of ancient greek sexual liberty and a dash of spartan/zulu militaristic communal upbringing that transcends familial bonds, and that's kind of where my head is at when I come up with lore bits to support our depraved little kinks and turn it into a somewhat believable social construct. As for the more BDSM side of things, I draw from classical literature such as De Sade, Histoire d'O and other staples of the genre, mixed with a degree of personal experience. but again, that's just my 2cents, can't speak for Z on this one
I should note however that it is a bit of post hoc reasoning on my part, as I came into the game when the foundation was already set by Z, including the interfamilial boning.
The main Dev , Z, always had these elements to the setting in mind.. I just added a bit of pseudo-believable context.

kiigass

Apr 10, 2022
Hi,

ok, dump question incoming (you have been warned):
I admit, I am quite new to this board and the game especially. Nevertheless I love the game and I cannot wait for an update. Did I understand correctly, that 0.09c is the most recent (and quite young) version? Did I understand correctly, that this version has been released in April 22? I know, I am impatient.

Thank you for your work, Zetan!

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZetanDS

Fazel

Jul 20, 2017
I need a signature image from this game because I'm pretty sure it's on my "Best of" from this forum...

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Hi,

ok, dump question incoming (you have been warned):
I admit, I am quite new to this board and the game especially. Nevertheless I love the game and I cannot wait for an update. Did I understand correctly, that 0.09c is the most recent (and quite young) version? Did I understand correctly, that this version has been released in April 22? I know, I am impatient.

Thank you for your work, Zetan!
That is correct. You may want to hold out until the new update which should be released soon, but that is up to you.

Reactions: the3m_dude

BizeBire

Oct 23, 2017
Just finished it. God damn, was this a great experience! I really enjoyed the... "Casualness" of all the sexual encounters. I love how the dev allows options where you can be uptight about it, but at the same time you can have a casual conversation with your daughter while your wife is sucking you off. I was looking for exactly that in games for a LONG time. Big thumbs up!

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes