Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Why not play the game the way you prefer and see where that leads you? It's half the fun.
Also, the part I quoted is factually wrong. Will there be down the line? Who knows, but that's not one of them.
It was not fun finding out I missed out on the whole Slave Girl route and had to start the game again -_-

Thanks for replying though - I'm just asking for more clarity in what your choices *mean*, so I can choose more wisely.

Reactions: darlic

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It was not fun finding out I missed out on the whole Slave Girl route and had to start the game again -_-

Thanks for replying though - I'm just asking for more clarity in what your choices *mean*, so I can choose more wisely.
Maybe not fun for you but how did you know ? walkthroughs are there for that reason or just replaying the game and seeing different content

Reactions: Zenithtb

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I do agree with that, I missed her the first time as well because I decided to not be a murdering maniac.

The problem is, there are choices you can't possibly know where they can lead, and retrofitting it doesn't mean much if you don't start the game from scratch every time.
Add that to the fact that WTs are fan-made and prone to errors, you'd be playing what the maker thinks is best for you, not what you'd enjoy more (since it's not an on-rails VN).

Also, would that specific choice be less "harsh" if it led you to another slave or other content? I suppose so. Many options can seem punishing now due to the absence of enough content.

With all that in mind, I'd advise you to take it as it comes and enjoy the ride. It's what I do. You can always have multiple saves or start again.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zenithtb

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I do agree with that, I missed her the first time as well because I decided to not be a murdering maniac.

The problem is, there are choices you can't possibly know where they can lead, and retrofitting it doesn't mean much if you don't start the game from scratch every time.
Add that to the fact that WTs are fan-made and prone to errors, you'd be playing what the maker thinks is best for you, not what you'd enjoy more (since it's not an on-rails VN).

Also, would that specific choice be less "harsh" if it led you to another slave or other content? I suppose so. Many options can seem punishing now due to the absence of enough content.

With all that in mind, I'd advise you to take it as it comes and enjoy the ride. It's what I do. You can always have multiple saves or start again.
Which is why I'm asking / imploring the game's author to flesh out the options with information the player needs to make an informed choice.

And I did make suggestions on ways around this (additional map markers / other characters making references to 'lost' content).

And also, that slave's hella cute and I need her in my life, but only found her through forum comments and walk-throughs.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Which is why I'm asking / imploring the game's author to flesh out the options with information the player needs to make an informed choice.
My point was, even the author(s) don't know in advance oftentimes ;)

I fully get you, don't get me wrong, and maybe an optional in-game help system could alleviate such issues somewhat.
But on occasion informed choices are basically non-choices. Imagine this:
Code:
1. Kill everyone [no downside at all]
2. Don't kill them [you miss out on a shitload of content]
No one would pick the 2nd choice, which makes it moot and might as well be removed.

Reactions: Lord Soth

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017

I fully get you, don't get me wrong, and maybe an optional in-game help system could alleviate such issues somewhat.
Code:
No one would pick the 2nd choice, which makes it moot and might as well be removed.
*Still think I have a point* *Sulks* ;)

You're right, but I like information when making choices and feel 'cheated' when a choice leads to an unexpected outcome it was impossible to predict with the information given to the player at the time. But I get that you get me and I'll stop now :D

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

Code:
a good point, yet not so good example - if that "shitload" of content is something I dont wanna to see, I would surely choose 2nd option, even if not to my naturally kind heart which doesnt likes killing:BootyTime:

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android port of
Desert Stalker [v0.03]
Download: with WT and Gallery mod
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.You can also change your name anytime mid-game using Change MC Name button found in menu.
Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020

If you fast skip it takes about 20 min (probably less) to go through the whole thing, so replaying from the start isn't exactly a hardship at this early stage. I've replayed from the start four times to see all changes, and you won't see me complaining about it.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
If you fast skip it takes about 20 min (probably less) to go through the whole thing, so replaying from the start isn't exactly a hardship at this early stage. I've replayed from the start four times to see all changes, and you won't see me complaining about it.
?

If I was only referring to this section, it would not be so much of an issue, but this is stuff that needs to be in the design stages of the game.

Also, I less think I was complaining, more making suggestions to enhance the game for players, except you, apparently.

Reactions: darlic

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
?

If I was only referring to this section, it would not be so much of an issue, but this is stuff that needs to be in the design stages of the game.

Also, I less think I was complaining, more making suggestions to enhance the game for players, except you, apparently.
Hmm, ok. But Your first words were ”it’s not fun having to ...” and I took an exception to that, it comes across as overly critical and whiny. Now, if this had been update 12 and that meant having to restart, skipping hours into the game, you would have had a valid point.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Hmm, ok. But Your first words were ”it’s not fun having to ...” and I took an exception to that, it comes across as overly critical and whiny. Now, if this had been update 12 and that meant having to restart, skipping hours into the game, you would have had a valid point.
My first words were several comments above, long, and quite constructive, I like to think.

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes