walker188

Apr 30, 2017
It's more like they're hard to do properly in an AVN.
For instance, if Shani dies the game can't continue on with that in mind. You'd have to make an entire game's worth of alternative just for that choice (story continuing without Shani -or Z-, people reacting to that, all scenes featuring her to have alternatives, etc.). For all intents and purposes, not feasible.

The other option is to go "GG, just reload" but even that I feel has to be something more than a "You died" screen a la Dark Souls. It should have some aftermath or conclusion, so it at least feels remotely impactful.

TL;DR, no inherent aversion to bad endings, they just need a certain amount of investment to be done properly.
Creating the illusion of choice is the hardest part about a project like this. That being said, part of that illusion IS making dead ends, losing or gaining content based on what you do.

Check out Detroit: Become Human, it's probably the single greatest choice based narrative I've ever seen, and yeah, there's railroading, but there's also an opportunity to branch.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Yeah, that is my canon playthrough for her. Her family did a number on her and she deserves a chance, IMO. Plus, totally hot.
MC coudl even leave her with the riders, all he has to do is threten Ashe and Kira to never again fuck them and she'd be treated like a queen

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
and let's not forget about Kitty, something tells me being nice to her, might benefit MC in the long run with the mutants
Also Ivy...as she is looking for a place to call home (And if MC keeps playing nice, I believe he will have an elf follower...maybe more.)

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Also Ivy...as she is looking for a place to call home (And if MC keeps playing nice, I believe he will have an elf follower...maybe more.)
I have a crazy theory... the elf that Shani met in the zone is MC an Ivy's daughter, but Shani somehow walked into timerift.

alexrieper

Nov 21, 2017
It's more like they're hard to do properly in an AVN.
For instance, if Shani dies the game can't continue on with that in mind. You'd have to make an entire game's worth of alternative just for that choice (story continuing without Shani -or Z-, people reacting to that, all scenes featuring her to have alternatives, etc.). For all intents and purposes, not feasible.

The other option is to go "GG, just reload" but even that I feel has to be something more than a "You died" screen a la Dark Souls. It should have some aftermath or conclusion, so it at least feels remotely impactful.

TL;DR, no inherent aversion to bad endings, they just need a certain amount of investment to be done properly.
I would have been satisfied with a few renders of old granny Shani finding out that the few days she choose to stay were actually decades and she dies of old age like some weird time warp shenanigans that can be accomplished with anomalies with a Zone like setup. I wouldn't even mind seeing the game over screen and having to reload a save, which was made right at the choice because I was genuinely curious if it was going there, but alas, it wasn't. It would just be refreshing to have a "Oh shit, I guess I do have to be careful in the zone" kind of moment.

Reactions: Ragnar

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I would have been satisfied with a few renders of old granny Shani finding out that the few days she choose to stay were actually decades and she dies of old age like some weird time warp shenanigans that can be accomplished with anomalies with a Zone like setup. I wouldn't even mind seeing the game over screen and having to reload a save, which was made right at the choice because I was genuinely curious if it was going there, but alas, it wasn't. It would just be refreshing to have a "Oh shit, I guess I do have to be careful in the zone" kind of moment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
There is no pleasing them... Any game that isn't a Chad Simulator is an immediate turn off for some of these guys. So they just shit on the game wholesale because there is an AVOIDABLE kink they don't like.
"Chad". Such a stupid term. And considering how self-proclaimed chads act, I prefer my term for them. Hanging Chads. Cause they are just as useful as one in an election. Amazing how these 'manly chads' are always such delicate babies.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Despite being beta, I encounterd no bugs or missing images.

And i don't understand the warmongering about the sharing contend. If don't want to see some a scene i don't enforce it, like that Igor stuff.

How someone can complain about the length of the updated(s) is bevond me. It has easy 1.5 to 2.0 hours of gameplay/dialogs.
If some players to decide ctrl all it's clear the the update seems lackluster...

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Despite being beta, I encounterd no bugs or missing images.

And i don't understand the warmongering about the sharing contend. If don't want to see some a scene i don't enforce it, like that Igor stuff.

How someone can complain about the length of the updated(s) is bevond me. It has easy 1.5 to 2.0 hours of gameplay/dialogs.
If some players to decide ctrl all it's clear the the update seems lackluster...
well...maybe they didn't have any content with the raider sisters nor did they meet kat....

Reactions: Tatsuya25
4.80 star(s) 592 Votes