Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
Perhaps, but I would expect Shani to be somewhat reserved in this dangerous place. The one part I did think odd was how trusting she was at the time trap house. I would be incredibly suspicious of everyone and everything if I were in her place, but she seems remarkably at ease with a curiously friendly stranger. No fucking way I would agree to close my eyes and sleep in someone's lair in the middle of the zone. Shani acts far too comfortable with the people she is meeting in the blight. It is going to come back and bite her one of these days (hopefully not literally :eek: ). Maybe it is just the specific choices I made earlier during dialogues with the MC and with the queen. I made her too trusting?
I agree. She has no reason to even eat there. She was trained to not
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok ... maybe it's too obvious only for Europeans and cultures that have any exposition for

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Hey pals,

I'm trying to put the texts in Spanish, but it's literally impossible. I only see the "English" option despite having other languages such as "Chinese". What is the problem?
The game has only english language. To have other languages you need to actively 'install' them in the game and they are only available if any fan made and release the translation.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The game has only english language. To have other languages you need to actively 'install' them in the game and they are only available if any fan made and release the translation.
Actually, Desert Stalker has 2 language selection English and Spanish since v0.09c (translation provided courtesy of Darax). I don't know how good or comprehensive the translation are, because I don't play using Spanish language (which I don't understand). Cheers.

Reactions: M3dnight

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
Ok guys, I think that most of us can agree that this game is awesome. What it lacks in current versions are endings obviously, cause it’s too early for them. I’m very curious how endings, in your opinions, could look. The structure of them, the exact endings, whatever. Could you share your thoughts on that?

I’m sharing mine and giving it a spoiler alert in case I would be right in any case (which I doubt, but better safe than sorry):

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Actually, Desert Stalker has 2 language selection English and Spanish since v0.09c (translation provided courtesy of Darax). I don't know how good or comprehensive the translation are, because I don't play using Spanish language (which I don't understand). Cheers.
Well, then i share the same concernes as M3dnight. In the options section of the version 11a i downloaded i see the radio button for the language choice, but only english is available and preselected.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Well, then i share the same concernes as M3dnight. In the options section of the version 11a i downloaded i see the radio button for the language choice, but only english is available and preselected.
The rest were disabled for Beta (and I forgot to re-enable them for 11a) due to some font issues with non-Latin languages. In 11b the Spanish is restored, albeit the translation itself for the new content is not there yet.
The community members that are graciously providing them are currently working on them.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The rest were disabled for Beta (and I forgot to re-enable them for 11a) due to some font issues with non-Latin languages. In 11b the Spanish is restored, albeit the translation itself for the new content is not there yet.
The community members that are graciously providing them are currently working on them.
If I may add to that (NO I am not part of the team or anything), the Spanish translation is a community contribution and not officially provided by the Desert Stalker team, so there is NO guarantee that it will always be a standard feature of the Official Release, and most likely will be available sometimes later (not immediately).

That is what we have now, but that can change in the future (improved for the better of course). Cheers.

4.80 star(s) 592 Votes