ElAguila

Oct 22, 2021
If you enjoy 20min updates, then sure, you dont want it to end

But for some of us at least, wanna see the whole game finished finally
Do You want one more infinite developement VN? :KEK:
A good story could go on for long, yes. And this game has a good story.
I think you make the mistake of confusing a never-ending game with a slow-updating one. That's two completely different things, and I never said I wanted small updates in slow progression. ;)

fhiaofwiao

Nov 3, 2021
Does anyone have an estimate of how long until the game is complete? Just for curiosity sake, the quality speaks for itself so the dev can take as long as he need
Very hard to say. This game is probably still in its infancy story wise and has the potential to have an incredibly expansive one at that. It comes down to the dev himself, how long does he want it to go.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Why would you want it to end?
I certainly don't.
Exactly. Like Star Trek, it could go on forever.

At this point, I don't really even see a proper ending coming.

Maybe, after Zaton cleaned the deserts of Decayed, but I'm sure something else will pop up. Maybe the Hive will become the next threat, maybe there will be infighting in the Raiders, maybe there will be a coup in Zeta or something else entirely.

I suppose that in the end, Zaton will die. Either of old age or something else.

But then Shani (or her son) can become the protagonist of Desert Stalker 2.

Mar 3, 2023
Yeah... With such a high quality at every aspect of the game developers can keep this game go for as long as they would want for sure
I only hope that in the end author of the story will find the way to bring Zetans, Mutants and Kyra's raider gang to some form of alliance. On MC's place I definetely would not want to abbandone any of characters who decided to trust him or are depanded from him. Maybe a growing threat from the side of decayed could do the thing...

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Exactly. Like Star Trek, it could go on forever.

At this point, I don't really even see a proper ending coming.

Maybe, after Zaton cleaned the deserts of Decayed, but I'm sure something else will pop up. Maybe the Hive will become the next threat, maybe there will be infighting in the Raiders, maybe there will be a coup in Zeta or something else entirely.

I suppose that in the end, Zaton will die. Either of old age or something else.

But then Shani (or her son) can become the protagonist of Desert Stalker 2.
In my head, after Zaton had conquered/dominated apocalyptic Egypt and a new empire is born, there will be a sequel, Desert Stalker: Legacy that chronicles the story of the son of Zaton and his female companions journey to the west ( to the other civilization at that time ) to retrieve a technological artifact ( a McGuffin ). Basically, this sequel takes inspiration from eastern mythology or history or whatever, "Journey to the West" :p .

Or, the other way is possible, Desert Stalker: Origins, a protagonist that precede Zaton ( and/or Zeta ) by decades/a century that forms the elite group known as the Desert Stalker.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rKnight and Yngling

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
let's just say that we have a fairly good idea on how the story ends, but that the steps between now and the end are, to date, undefined in number.
Put simply, we have enough characters and potential material to fill a bunch of updates easily, without it becoming stale... but we are also moving the main plot forward.

Jun 3, 2022
Why would you want it to end?
I certainly don't.
Problem with todays consumer society: You don't want a story or an end, you want the same quality every day, all the time, on demand, forever. That's why some people are into one piece - they just get so used to watching/reading it every day/week or whatever since they're little, and there are people who outlived the ending... It's chasing dragons, man.

But ever wondered why breaking bad was so much better than one piece ever could be? It had a linear story, that was fleshed out and interesting but it didn't drag it out artificially.

Every good story has an ending in mind before it even started. If you keep going forever, you inevitably reach a ridiculous situation, or a drop in quality. Hence, why shows that run for 25 seasons are just not good any more. Take Simpsons S1 vs Simpsons S32(fuuuuuuck I just googled it... I wanted to say 20 something..).

Don't hope for the Dev to add to the story on the fly, let them think it through and then realise it. Not try to keep everyone engaged. 2-3 separate stories with a beginning, middle and end each are better than 1 very long story.

Desert Stalker needs to have a conflict, and resolve it. And the next installment of the series needs to work with a different topic, whatever that may be. A sequel in the future, dealing with new enemies, a prequel at the rise of the kingdom, or even further in the past at the fall of modern society, in this barely touched nuclear war that happened.

Does anyone remember this one game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Something like that maybe, but more story and interactive, less books of text boxes to read, more focus on action and less on sex scenes (meaning just the right mix, that Desert Stalker has so far.)

Or maybe just leave a materpiece behind, and tackle an entirely new and entirely different concept. I think we have adistinctive lack of pirate/sailing themed games. Especially ones with quality to them, that aren't sort of cartoonish and goofy.

Last edited:

ElAguila

Oct 22, 2021
Problem with todays consumer society: You don't want a story or an end, you want the same quality every day, all the time, on demand, forever. That's why some people are into one piece - they just get so used to watching/reading it every day/week or whatever since they're little, and there are people who outlived the ending... It's chasing dragons, man.

But ever wondered why breaking bad was so much better than one piece ever could be? It had a linear story, that was fleshed out and interesting but it didn't drag it out artificially.

Every good story has an ending in mind before it even started. If you keep going forever, you inevitably reach a ridiculous situation, or a drop in quality. Hence, why shows that run for 25 seasons are just not good any more. Take Simpsons S1 vs Simpsons S32(fuuuuuuck I just googled it... I wanted to say 20 something..).

Don't hope for the Dev to add to the story on the fly, let them think it through and then realise it. Not try to keep everyone engaged. 2-3 separate stories with a beginning, middle and end each are better than 1 very long story.

Desert Stalker needs to have a conflict, and resolve it. And the next installment of the series needs to work with a different topic, whatever that may be. A sequel in the future, dealing with new enemies, a prequel at the rise of the kingdom, or even further in the past at the fall of modern society, in this barely touched nuclear war that happened.

Does anyone remember this one game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Something like that maybe, but more story and interactive, less books of text boxes to read, more focus on action and less on sex scenes (meaning just the right mix, that Desert Stalker has so far.)

Or maybe just leave a materpiece behind, and tackle an entirely new and entirely different concept. I think we have adistinctive lack of pirate/sailing themed games. Especially ones with quality to them, that aren't sort of cartoonish and goofy.
I have no idea what one piece is, but from context I think I can figure out what your meaning is.
And you're certainly not without a point. Especially if we're talking tv-shows or regular games.
But now we're talking gorgeous ladies. Oh, the kind of low-quality-story games I've played just because I like the ladies. lol
There's obviously a higher tolerance for a story quality drop in our line of games.
With that said, obviously we still want quality. And there's huge differences in quality in adult games as well (this particular game is solid proof of that).
So you still have a highly valid point.
My comment originated in this obsessive compulsion of asking for an end, which I think is kind of stupid if you like a game.
As long as the quality drop isn't too significant, I certainly don't mind a bit of a "dragged out story" if it means more gorgeous ladies and nice renders and a prolonged experience of a game I like.

Btw, I would love a pirate game in the same spirit as this one!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
Guys, when you say "long story" you are talking about a book, or a movie. It has fixed script and you as a reader or a viewer can't change anything. In that case yes, you can have a long meaningful story if writer is good. In case of game where you have choices that influence story, you can't have long or infinite story because it would be imposible for dev to track all consequences of your choices over a long period of story time. Of course most devs somewhat solve this by creating a lot of fake choices that doesn't mean much, and several important ones which usually lead to one of several endings.

TLDR. game should not be too long if you want your decisions you make during the game to have a meaningful impact on the story :WeSmart:

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1678048541786.png
A picture I have had in mind since long before Sonmi was introduced in 0.11. Ivy and her shared a past, and I want to tell their story.
Much of this game is about the relationships between characters in a (sexually liberated) revisionist society, but this one is about two characters, their experiences over decades, and about the fading of hope.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Much of this game is about the relationships between characters in a (sexually liberated) revisionist society
c.jpg

but this one is about two characters, their experiences over decades, and about the fading of hope.
Huh...that is uhh, different.
But I'll just put my happy face on :HideThePain:

d.jpg

j/k! I'm sure it will be great. Dev hasn't let me down yet.

ksatnod

Jan 6, 2019
Wait I'm kinda stuck in the story, I don't see any quests I can do. Did I reach the end of this patch?
Probably. If a quest in the quest log has "to be continued" some where in its description then you're at the end for that quest for this update.

4.80 star(s) 592 Votes