Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Yeah, such MC's are rare nowadays, especially backed up with at least mediocre writing/personality.
True and we don't have much an alternative. Keep in mind that if you lose a fight in this realm, you are likely become dead or slave.

Already discussed how constant game overs are a terrible idea in visual novels. It is like devs who put in menu choice with only one option to select. The end result is going to be the same, you are just postponing the inevitable with more busywork mouse-clicking.

You could make more capable opponents to challenge MC.. We already have Lord Abrax who seems like a badass but not much screen time yet this early in story. Must wait and see on that front. We also have our bitchy queen whom you can be subservient to if you need to get your beta fix that badly. Fangs also can hold her own from what we have seen. The decayed could prove very deadly if they ever gather and concentrate feu d'enfer to attack in force.

We also talked about including more non-fatal options (ex. good, bad, ugly outcomes), but as previously stated that requires a lot more writing, rendering, coding for each branch. Will that extra work add that much more entertainment value? I don't know maybe, but this game already has a high entertainment level with quick turnaround. One of the few high rated games with regular sub 6 month intervals.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's an option I thought up:

Stalker gets into a fight; if by the choices the player makes he wins, he continues on with existing quests; if he loses, he is thrown into a dungeon, made a slave, or whatever, and he needs to escape or be rescued (Shani?), which would be a new quest to be completed before Stalker could continue with other quests.

Since this is a sandbox game, not a strict VN, such a scenario would not be too difficult to implement. The catch would be in how much extra content would need to be added for the capture route, and if any of it's sexual in nature, people would complain about missing content by winning the fight. And if the developers compensated by making it so that Stalker had to miss some quests if captured, then the players would have to play two routes to see all content.

The moral of the story is that all options/choices may have unintended consequences for both the developers and the players.

Afterthought: I like my scenario so much that I'd like to see it implemented, but so that Stalker loses no matter what and has to be rescued by Shani. [I don't like to have to go through separate routes for important content (sex scenes :))]

At any rate, the developers will do what they will, and I'm sure I'll like it, whatever it is.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021

Stalker gets into a fight; if by the choices the player makes he wins, he continues on with existing quests; if he loses, he is thrown into a dungeon, made a slave, or whatever, and he needs to escape or be rescued (Shani?), which would be a new quest to be completed before Stalker could continue with other quests.

Since this is a sandbox game, not a strict VN, such a scenario would not be too difficult to implement. The catch would be in how much extra content would need to be added for the capture route, and if any of it's sexual in nature, people would complain about missing content by winning the fight. And if the developers compensated by making it so that Stalker had to miss some quests if captured, then the players would have to play two routes to see all content.

The moral of the story is that all options/choices may have unintended consequences for both the developers and the players.

Afterthought: I like my scenario so much that I'd like to see it implemented, but so that Stalker loses no matter what and has to be rescued by Shani. [I don't like to have to go through separate routes for important content (sex scenes :))]

At any rate, the developers will do what they will, and I'm sure I'll like it, whatever it is.
not a bad idea and good way to incorporate shani. zisnt it an option to disable shani being a controled protagonist though not sure how it would work if people opted out of playing as her.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Already discussed how constant game overs are a terrible idea in visual novels. It is like devs who put in menu choice with only one option to select. The end result is going to be the same, you are just postponing the inevitable with more busywork mouse-clicking.
I understand what you mean but in this particular case I disagree. In the context of this game bad ends make quite a lot of sense.

This is not a boy-peeking-on-mom-gets-caught-gameover kind of game. What the MC is doing is genuinely dangerous, even for him, and if he makes a bad choice, he could get unlucky.

And, being a kind-of sandbox, there is plenty clicking anyway so that argument is not so strong in my opinion.

I really like this scenario! (y)

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah, the MC in this game throws down hands with the best of them, and wins. Kinda expected for a patriarch of a thriving family unit in the middle of an apocalyptic wasteland. Otherwise, there would be no story, would there now?

Last edited by a moderator:

kelelih

May 13, 2022

That's a really good idea! Not just the idea of separate routs because of your choices, but that particular scenario as well

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1680459509996.png
With Shani's part largely behind (most of the initial scene is done), we're continuing with the aftermath and her return home. I won't spoil what exactly happens, just know Zahra is part of it!

I'm going for multiple small scenes for now, as there are lots of little things that need to happen. After that, all roads lead to the Palace visit.

In other news, the 4090 GPU I've ordered arrived this week, because some of those Shani scenes were polygon fiestas and really pushing the limits of my old one.

Thank you for making the improvements possible, and also for your patience during dev time.

Render progress:
Shani's Zone pt. 3: 90%

Aftermath:
Scene 1: 90%
Scene 2: 20%

Reworks:
d5g (Ain's basement punishment): 90%
d4d (Talia + Lirah): 80%
(More to follow...)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Shani's boobs getting bigger? :love:
How elegant they protrude. How nobly they perch. How regal they preside.
And an expensive silk outfit too. Pays to be the top Stalker. Nothing but the best for best wife and harem queen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes