Jun 16, 2022
I'd rather not if you are talking about constant game overs. Unless it is video game with mechanics and gameplay that support something like that (ex.Metal Gear Solid games or horror genre), then it just becomes annoying very quickly. I don't think visual novels lend themselves well to game overs. Reloading a save, yes I do that often (usually to grab a new lewd scene), but a game over screen mid-story? I haven't found one yet on F95 with constant game overs that doesn't royally piss me off. Fortunately here I think the zone is the only time we have approached something like a hard cut game over. To its credit the "bad end" there was easy to spot coming and avoid.

Rather than game overs, there could different outcomes (good outcome, ok outcome, undesirable but not deadly outcome). I quite liked the dilemma we were faced with during hive mission. But the problem with the previously mentioned different outcomes is it requires a lot more writing and rendering. The more outcomes, the more branching required. Great for players but a chore for developers and I would be sad to see DS become another once-per-year update game. 3 to 4 months is ideal, especially for kind of quality entertainment we receive in DS.

_somewhat unrelated section _
Recently a number people have called for changes to certain aspects of story or characters (I also asked from time to time, oops), or they have wondered why this game can't have a weaker "more realistic" MC, but it never seems to turn out well when a developer caves to the wants of the general public and changes their original vision. imo, this game has a high level of support and praise precisely because it has gone its own way and takes a different tack than most other games on F95.
Have you tried playing Superhuman? The game overs/dead ends in that game is very good and comical at times.

mutad

Mar 25, 2020

View attachment 2515418
With Shani's part largely behind (most of the initial scene is done), we're continuing with the aftermath and her return home. I won't spoil what exactly happens, just know Zahra is part of it!

I'm going for multiple small scenes for now, as there are lots of little things that need to happen. After that, all roads lead to the Palace visit.

In other news, the 4090 GPU I've ordered arrived this week, because some of those Shani scenes were polygon fiestas and really pushing the limits of my old one.

Thank you for making the improvements possible, and also for your patience during dev time.

Render progress:
Shani's Zone pt. 3: 90%

Aftermath:
Scene 1: 90%
Scene 2: 20%

Reworks:
d5g (Ain's basement punishment): 90%
d4d (Talia + Lirah): 80%
(More to follow...)
All Hail The REAL Queen :love:

Any update that has new Zahra content is immediatley considered a great update.

Reactions: Gato21 and ksatnod
Apr 28, 2017

View attachment 2515418
With Shani's part largely behind (most of the initial scene is done), we're continuing with the aftermath and her return home. I won't spoil what exactly happens, just know Zahra is part of it!

I'm going for multiple small scenes for now, as there are lots of little things that need to happen. After that, all roads lead to the Palace visit.

In other news, the 4090 GPU I've ordered arrived this week, because some of those Shani scenes were polygon fiestas and really pushing the limits of my old one.

Thank you for making the improvements possible, and also for your patience during dev time.

Render progress:
Shani's Zone pt. 3: 90%

Aftermath:
Scene 1: 90%
Scene 2: 20%

Reworks:
d5g (Ain's basement punishment): 90%
d4d (Talia + Lirah): 80%
(More to follow...)
So, We can expect the next Update in 1/2 Months...

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Have you tried playing Superhuman? The game overs/dead ends in that game is very good and comical at times.
No it doesn't look like something I would enjoy, but if what you are describing is true, then it sounds like it leans more heavily into the comedy aspects. Desert Stalker does have some light-hearted moments, but it a more serious type game (Serious plotlines and serious pussy :love: ). Having goofy or comical game ends would ruin the vibe of Desert Stalker imo.
I continue to say constant game overs do not work for this type of visual novel. If you have an action adventure game where you are controlling your character real time on screen and moving them around in three dimensions..fighting, shooting and slashing then game overs/restarts work (and is integral part for most games in those genre), but in a choice based visual novel like DS, frequent game overs become very annoying very quickly.
How many novels and story stories have you read that have game/story overs with redo? I imagine not many. A good fun visual novel story like DS doesn't need that crutch.

I just want to play an S-tier MC (yes maybe even an OP MC) for once who kicks ass and doesn't wet his pants every time sees a landlady nip slip. Do you want to be weak AVN shota going to boring school every day in same boring game world you have played 100 times or do you want to have some actual ballsack and go on exciting new desert adventures and slay monsters, bandits, and puss along the way? You know you are with me. LFG Huzzah!!!

nandesta

May 29, 2019
Interesting update ! I hope more of Emilia content, I'd love her to do everything that household says, including unusual request XD

slocal

Sep 23, 2020
Clothing decays too. Real-life ancient burials are often found with nothing but their jewelry, since metal doesn't really decay like clothing does. Even bog bodies (famous for being well-preserved) don't often show up with perfectly-preserved items of clothing.

Hell, items of clothing that are 100% cotton, for example, can take as little as a week to decompose in the right conditions.
That is why I will be joining Larry in a polyester leisure suit... so archeologists don't have to see my naked skeleton.
1680588992547.png

Sep 10, 2022
I love this game. I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask this. But could someone recommend me a game similar to this?
Above all, I referred to the possibility of being able to share your wife or girls around you with your consent.
Likewise, if someone can recommend me a similar game to entertain me while the new update comes out.
Thanks so much!

stompintime

Apr 18, 2018
I love this game. I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask this. But could someone recommend me a game similar to this?
Above all, I referred to the possibility of being able to share your wife or girls around you with your consent.
Likewise, if someone can recommend me a similar game to entertain me while the new update comes out.
Thanks so much!
Hot Sands of Antarctica is one that comes to my mind.
No sharing content really but similar setting and story I guess

lucathesaint

Jul 29, 2022
Thanks so much!
Sharing Wife game I really enjoyed (although so far it's kinda short) is Perfect Housewife!

Oct 10, 2022
Hot Sands of Antarctica don't have any content to share/swinging girls?
That game looks good but I like the option to be able to share with my consent
Although it was more or less same settings with desert stalker, story flows too different, therefore if not they introduce new male character, there is no possible way to share in near future for them. Also if I am not mistaken that game's dev doesn't swing that way but I highly recommend that game. It's almost as good as desert stalker, very good world building with equally good story behind it, but comparing to desert stalker that game is in very early stages.

Last edited:
Reactions: stompintime

ksatnod

Jan 6, 2019
ETA of the next updates, bros?
Thread OP updated Feb 10,
average time between updates is stated to be 3-4 months.
dev said they're taking a month off.
I'm not going to include february for the sake of pessimism and because I ain't counting individual days

July at the latest.
June seems likely to me.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
ETA of the next updates, bros?

Also, damn I hate the fact that the MC is a bald dude, wish he had a head full of hair.
Generally, I prefer MCs with full hair and no glasses (just for my own self-inserting purposes), but I think the bald head and kratos beard look badass in this setting. Though, I might like to see him at least wear some kind of ghurta headgear when out on desert mission in that burning sun.

Always thought this dude looked like a fucking boss wearing this full black outfit

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Generally, I prefer MCs with full hair and no glasses (just for my own self-inserting purposes), but I think the bald head and kratos beard look badass in this setting. Though, I might like to see him at least wear some kind of ghurta headgear when out on desert mission in that burning sun.

Always thought this dude looked like a fucking boss wearing this full black outfit

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, Omar Sharif played some badass antagonists... but no fall back anyway, can't run from "Kratos style", 'cause being Kratos at once - remain Kratos to death. :KEK:
(and tbh it serves my self-inserting purposes)

Spagna05

Jun 14, 2022
I'm stuck here and I don't know what to do, if someone can help I really appreciate! I searched online and I only found one same case, and it looked like a bug but I'm not sure. Big thx in advance for the help

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes