Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
It's curious how it became some sort of sacred unquestionable legal age in wester world. I, for once, since life expectance grew and dumb kids age stretched quite a lot, i would be in favor of setting it back to 21.
Honestly, I agree.

It seems strange that people are considered old enough to fuck (and therefore possibly get pregnant and fuck up their lives) but not old enough to drink. I understand that alcohol interferes with brain development in a way that sex (presumably) does not but it also comes down to understanding consequences and commitment to these consequences.

And yes, 18 is completely arbitrary. Either 16 (14?) or 21 would make just as much sense, and of these I'd be in favour of 21, for reasons above.

But autistic bureaucrats like exact numbers.

Four legs good, two legs bad, if you pardon my Animal Farm reference.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
the twins are toddlers and as such will not be actively featured in this game
Wouldn't expect them to.

However, for some reason, when I read that, particularly in the context of this AVN, it reminded me of something from either Caligula or I, Claudius (been a very long time ago). When the brutality that can be part of this AVN is taken into account, and while this could and should never be an onscreen thing, there was a scene where the Emperor was telling a group of soldiers to kill a perceived traitor and his family; the centurion (well, some leadership level of soldier) asked about the children - the emperor replied yes, and reminded the soldier that it was bad luck to kill virgins, so to assure that they didn't. Sick shit, but I think recently playing the "ravaging" scene made me think that this is something the Queen would be capable of suggesting since ravaging is seemingly part of the culture.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Honestly, I agree.

It seems strange that people are considered old enough to fuck (and therefore possibly get pregnant and fuck up their lives) but not old enough to drink. I understand that alcohol interferes with brain development in a way that sex (presumably) does not but it also comes down to understanding consequences and commitment to these consequences.

And yes, 18 is completely arbitrary. Either 16 (14?) or 21 would make just as much sense, and of these I'd be in favour of 21, for reasons above.

But autistic bureaucrats like exact numbers.

Four legs good, two legs bad, if you pardon my Animal Farm reference.
Drinking age in Texas was 19 when I was young; I turned 19 and then they changed the law to 21 with no grandfather clause - a bunch of 19 year olds bought a lot of booze that August 31st and the days leading up. It was all in response to the Feds withholding highway funds if a state didn't do it, and Texas caved because, well, we probably have more federal highways than any other state in the US and probably drive more (paying more fuel taxes) than any other state, and we wanted to get our money back.

The draft was still technically around at the time and you were eligible at 18; if you can get drafted and get shot at, then you are old enough to decide if you want a beer.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
What is confusing you? Has anything been written on this thread that would lead you believe that this game is not being updated?
Oh, no. I don't think he's confused about the update. He just started the sentence by informing everyone of his default state of mind.
For example:
"I'm depressed - I had a burrito for lunch."

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes