paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
Other way around, you want to copy py2-linux-i686 from the SDK's lib folder into the game's lib folder.

I looked in the game folder and it looks like the 32 bit Python 2 is there but it's just missing the binary, just like the error message tells you. I don't think you have to copy the whole folder, all you need to do is copy the renpy-7.5.3-sdk/lib/py2-linux-i686/renpy file from the SDK into DesertStalker-0.13c-pc/lib/py2-linux-i686/ and rename that copy from renpy to DesertStalker so you end up with DesertStalker-0.13c-pc/lib/py2-linux-i686/DesertStalker.

Hope that was clear enough.
your solution is a lot easier and worked, to copy just one file.

now the game works, for my x86 old computer. i had to do a chmod a+x on the Renpy renamed as DesertStalker. i do not know why this file in the SDK has not the executable attribute. Thank you so much DIqNiCoqcBsmOVbD

i do not know why the developers have removed the Renpy x86 linux 32 bit executable, it is a very small file 13672 bytes. it is quite unlikely they wanted to free some space.

For those who oneday as the same issue as me here is the executable to put inside /DesertStalker-0.13c-pc/lib/py2-linux-i686/ (remove or rename without the ".txt" extension)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Noonwraith

Noonwraith

Oct 24, 2022
i had to do a chmod a+x on the Renpy renamed as DesertStalker. i do not know why this file in the SDK has not the executable attribute.
My best guess is that you either downloaded the SDK in an archive format that doesn't store Unix-style permissions (usually ZIP or other historically Windows-y archive formats) or extracted without preserving permissions (AFAIK that's not the default when invoking tar x, you have to manually specify the option which I doubt you did on purpose).

Either way, I downloaded the tar.bz2 version, extracted the renpy binary and it had the correct 755 permissions (read write execute for user, read and execute for group, read and execute for other), just how it should be.

i do not know why the developers have removed the Renpy x86 linux 32 bit executable, it is a very small file 13672 bytes. it is quite unlikely they wanted to free some space.
Again, just a guess, but it's probably a mistake or an oversight on the developer's part; there's no reason to leave it out deliberately like you said, especially when it's literally the smallest file in that folder.

Either way, good to know you got it working. Enjoy! :geek:

Reactions: paulphoenix

paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
My best guess is that you either downloaded the SDK in an archive format that doesn't store Unix-style permissions (usually ZIP or other historically Windows-y archive formats) or extracted without preserving permissions (AFAIK that's not the default when invoking tar x, you have to manually specify the option which I doubt you did on purpose).

Either way, I downloaded the tar.bz2 version, extracted the renpy binary and it had the correct 755 permissions (read write execute for user, read and execute for group, read and execute for other), just how it should be.
i have download the zip version of SDK, that is maybe why. linux is sometimes a deep pain in the ass.

yes thanks again, it works quite well on my linux suse tumbleweed i686 pc :) i hope than renpy new version will still support the i686 32 bit architecture

have a nice day

• Red Heart
Reactions: Noonwraith

HarryJSON

Apr 7, 2023
Love the game, I just hope we can impregnate the Queen soon.
To do that Zaton will have to become something like a king because the queen is seen as a revered figure in zeta society and as such it is not suitable for her to be in a relationship with a man so for Zaton to do that he will have to become a very powerful force in the city. But yes impregnating her would really be enticing but I am more excited to knock up Kateryna and Ain.

Rabcor

Sep 6, 2022
Wow this game is amazing, the artwork is at least 9/10, it's some of the best 3DCG I have ever seen in a vn. The world is just spot on, there are actually a lot of clearly impactful choices, although i noticed a good bunch that weren't impactful as well...

And the characters are... well it's a hentai game, so, you know, expect hentai game characters, but at least the character designs themselves are incredibly good.

The story is actually decent too, I don't know it seems increasingly rare for hentai games to have good story, it's usually a detail, but this is a VN, so the story is actually important, and it does it's job, I got really into it. Usually with games like these I skip like 90% of the dialogue, well, not in this one, this one was well written enough that it felt worth reading through. Although there are some minor grammar and vocabulary issues which could use a little bit of editing, hopefully before the final release. A good editor would make the story really shine just with a little grammar correction here and rephrasing there. QC stuff; but since it's a hentai game it doesn't technically n eed it.

I haven't finished it, just played a couple hours, but I am impressed with how dense it is in sexual content, a lot of games make you wade through like an hour of story before you get to the so very important sexy bits, and others make you grind for it, this game does neither, you can start putting your character's dick where it belongs right in the prologue, and u never have to actually stop doing it. If a hot new girl is introduced, you rarely have to wait long to fuck her (if you do there are extenuating circumstances, like she's the empress kind of circumstances, or she's for some reason not easily accessible for you)

Once it's completed, this will be a good contender for favorite VN style game for me, I've played heaps of them but my favorite is kinda still the very first I played, which was sagara family. This game in it's final form, I give it good odds of beating even that experience.

Although I can't help but comment that the option to have Ain as stepdaughter is really weird, since if she's your stepdaughter, but younger sister of your actual daughter, that'd mean your wife had to have cheated on you after you had your first one... And idk, protagonist doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd let something like that slide.

Reactions: Tulrek

Sunnysidesins

Jun 13, 2018
This game was surprisingly good. I don't really know what I was expecting, but the most recent updates had a ton of effort put into them and it shows. Can't wait to see more - will start supporting the creator for sure.

Reactions: Tulrek

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
do we bang shani? btw
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in terms of pregnancy any gal we creampied will have our baby? gotta buy a bigger house then xD and I hope we can bring more girls back home

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes