Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Hmmm, this should not happen at all since the names are stored separately of the saves themselves (they are persistent data). Did the game somehow not close properly after setting the names for the first time?
That said, I'll look into making it more robust (and maybe add the option to set/reset names at all times).
I just had this happen as well; game crashed and when I loaded my save all of the names were wiped including the MC. Never had that happen in a game before.

Oddly enough all of the names are still there when I look in a save editor.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I kinda wish i saw a dev in work, a video or something, to see how does it feel to be a dev making a game xD
Cuz i think we all got stories to tell and i think it would be really fun making it.
If it involves coding then i guess its not for me xD
Much depends on what part of the process is fun to you...there are a few who stream themselves when they're posing and/or drawing the characters.. I haven't actually watched them at it... my understanding is that it can be rather tedious work.
I figure it's kinda like watching a Bob Ross video, but less entertaining and definitely less wholesome.
The other side of things, coming up with the scenes in the first place, is a different animal... if you're on your own most of it happens in your head and then becomes words in the editor. Sometimes the dialogue is a consequence of the renders you created, sometimes the other way around.
If you're with other people, the debate can be very lively and creative... you go back and forth spitballing ideas, sometimes get bogged down to debate a single line of dialogue, or the use of a specific word... until somebody comes in and says "but what if.." and you start another tangent of debate, until a scene materialises... then you have to start double checking if the scene you just wrote contradicts any other part of the game or goes against established content, and have to write in conditions and variables and try to find the perfect placement for the scene..
fun?.. only to a certain kind of people.

Reactions: Bruno3

skye06

Jan 20, 2020
so the end for this current patch is when theres no more red marking? or am I missing something?

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020
Much depends on what part of the process is fun to you...there are a few who stream themselves when they're posing and/or drawing the characters.. I haven't actually watched them at it... my understanding is that it can be rather tedious work.
I figure it's kinda like watching a Bob Ross video, but less entertaining and definitely less wholesome.
The other side of things, coming up with the scenes in the first place, is a different animal... if you're on your own most of it happens in your head and then becomes words in the editor. Sometimes the dialogue is a consequence of the renders you created, sometimes the other way around.
If you're with other people, the debate can be very lively and creative... you go back and forth spitballing ideas, sometimes get bogged down to debate a single line of dialogue, or the use of a specific word... until somebody comes in and says "but what if.." and you start another tangent of debate, until a scene materialises... then you have to start double checking if the scene you just wrote contradicts any other part of the game or goes against established content, and have to write in conditions and variables and try to find the perfect placement for the scene..
fun?.. only to a certain kind of people.
I would think you would work off a storyboard to make the renders.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I would think you would work off a storyboard to make the renders.
What Cynical describes is essentially the creation of a storyboard, maybe not in the strictest of senses but nevertheless one.
But oftentimes it's also a tug of war between the renders and the writing. Sometimes you come up with a really great scene and you debate on how to properly depict it, sometimes you materialize a render that is just so good you try and bend the writing a bit to fit it in.

And the above holds true for many (if not most) of the scenes. The overarching story is there, the key points are there, you know you are at point A and you want to go to point B. But how you get there, it can be a dozen of different ways. And that's where the whole debating and brainstorming kick in.

Reactions: Cynicaladm

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Consider that I have 0 skill for graphics, so when i come up with an idea for a scene, it's purely descriptive and based on dialogue. I have no talent for it and am happy to explicitly let z do his thing with whatever I come up with, especially because sometimes things I write clash with what z actually can physically make, which is a limitation that we discover as we go along, not before.
Z instead does both at the same time, then tosses the scenes and his ideas to us. We often don't see anything on screen before the scene is well underway towards realisation.
I'm better with words and occasionally have ideas that improve or fundamentally alter scenes he's come up with which leads to him then working off of my variations. We are not in the same room and often work at different times of day, so a scene tends to be the result of a back and forth process that mixes storyboarding with rambling or just making the thing straight up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruno3

DADDDAAA

Jan 6, 2018
Everybody in the family is now called None after restarting.
I mean it is amusing, especially when you "None" has the choice to either jizz on None or on None (Horatio, anyone? :alien: ), but is there a fix to this?

Last edited:

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Everybody in the family is now called None after restarting.
I mean it is amusing, especially when you "None" has the choice to either jizz on None or on None (Horatio, anyone? :alien: ), but is there a fix to this?
Not a proper in-game way, no (at least for now), sort of restarting the game. This usually happens if you haven't closed the game properly after naming them first time.

That said, you can use the console to fix it. Hit Shift + O, and type the following
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: walnutsue

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
ITS SO FUCKING GOOD~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, it's the best of the best. It's filling a niche at F95 that has previously been sorely lacking. So many games right now are populated with weak, bashful, and frankly stupid MCs. Not only that but most are centered around a boring house in modern day suburbia. :sleep: There are a few games that venture out (mostly sci-fi/fantasy), but this one is unique...set in Egypt (as opposed to Europe or the Americas) and post apocalyptic (as opposed to current times). Add to that a tough, smart MC, a variety of highly unique gorgeous ladies, and generally interesting plot lines and you have a winner. With a little more publicity and hype, this game will take off. Spread the word.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Dev update 27.06.2021

1624830781004.png
Hey everyone, hope you're having a nice sunday again.

One of our key goals is for the game to have a believable universe, which is why we are introducing an in-game Codex soon. A player-owned library with (over the updates) expanding entries, giving the player the opportunity to get a glimpse of the mythos and driving forces of the universe.

Except for the few renders of the library itself, the making of the Codex itself was solely done by Paz and Cynical, which I believe makes it a welcome addition without actively impacting the creation of the scenes themselves. Although the categories still need to be done and text is to be added, it is as good as done.

We will also introduce a more atmospheric intro before the tomb intro itself instead of the text on black screen like it is at the moment. It's short, but I like it a lot.

Many thanks, as always, to everyone who joined and stayed subscribed. Have a nice rest of the day and see you next week. ;)

Progress:
Library: 90%
Home interactions: 20%
Scene A: 100%
Scene B: 60%
Scene C: 0%
Scene D: 0%
(...)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Dev update 27.06.2021

View attachment 1268858
Hey everyone, hope you're having a nice sunday again.

One of our key goals is for the game to have a believable universe, which is why we are introducing an in-game Codex soon. A player-owned library with (over the updates) expanding entries, giving the player the opportunity to get a glimpse of the mythos and driving forces of the universe.

Except for the few renders of the library itself, the making of the Codex itself was solely done by Paz and Cynical, which I believe makes it a welcome addition without actively impacting the creation of the scenes themselves. Although the categories still need to be done and text is to be added, it is as good as done.

We will also introduce a more atmospheric intro before the tomb intro itself instead of the text on black screen like it is at the moment. It's short, but I like it a lot.

Many thanks, as always, to everyone who joined and stayed subscribed. Have a nice rest of the day and see you next week. ;)

Progress:
Library: 90%
Home interactions: 20%
Scene A: 100%
Scene B: 60%
Scene C: 0%
Scene D: 0%
(...)
Looks very cool. No incestuous harem household is complete without a library chock full of codex goodness. I can kick back with a brandy and hookah while I research my next mission. Hey Ain, can you come in here for a moment? :sneaky: Can't wait to visit my home library to check everything out (pun?).

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Honestly, if the intro is being re-done, I really wish they'd touch up that raider encounter while they're at it. The talking is all very "Harr harr, look at me, so evil!", which didn't bother me the first time around because I had zero expectations, but on my second time around it stood out like a sore thumb with its poor writing since I had the rest of the game to compare it to.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Honestly, if the intro is being re-done, I really wish they'd touch up that raider encounter while they're at it. The talking is all very "Harr harr, look at me, so evil!", which didn't bother me the first time around because I had zero expectations, but on my second time around it stood out like a sore thumb with its poor writing since I had the rest of the game to compare it to.
Maybe not this update, but it's definitely on the radar.

Reactions: MoarDakka123

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
To be honest they are looters/raiders, and I don't see any scenario where you can rob someone of all their possessions and be kind :LOL: , especially in the world they live in. And then there's the fact that they really hate where Mc comes from.

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes