Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Still no next content in the game, just the last one from the previous version. basically finished where the last version left, can't go further.
Did you try to roll back then progress? That's usually what I have to do in many of these VNs. I have this downloaded and is my next play, but I'm finishing something else first, so haven't seen if there were any issues.

I'm me

Mar 26, 2019
Proof that sandbox games don't have to be a grind fest. Updates never disappoint. Looking forward to turning the queen into a submissive little fuck toy. Loved the Book of Eli reference.

Reactions: ju1zzed

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Proof that sandbox games don't have to be a grind fest. Updates never disappoint. Looking forward to turning the queen into a submissive little fuck toy. Loved the Book of Eli reference.
Is it really a sandbox game? There are a few repeatable events, but for the most part everything progresses rather linearly.

I'm me

Mar 26, 2019
Is it really a sandbox game? There are a few repeatable events, but for the most part everything progresses rather linearly.
Technically yes as you can have a few locations you can go to at the same time which progress different quests. No grinding for stats but if you get to choose which order you progress each then it's sandbox. By your definition every sandbox is linear as once you choose the location which progresses that part of the story that part is linear.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
By your definition every sandbox is linear as once you choose the location which progresses that part of the story that part is linear.
In a way, but in my mind, a sandbox proper would put a greater emphasis on exploration and repeatable scenes.

Eh, it’s probably just a question of semantics and player expectations at this point …

I'm me

Mar 26, 2019
In a way, but in my mind, a sandbox proper would put a greater emphasis on exploration and repeatable scenes.

Eh, it’s probably just a question of semantics and player expectations at this point …
Yeah I agree that's how sandbox usually plays out hence why for me this one is better than most. There's a few good sandbox out there like this one but most get old quick

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
I have also Both Paths If I have to face the Decay then the Bugs will come in handy,
Well so far I as well have tried both Hive paths, but as you said there may be bad consequences for both choices(Morality aside as it is post apocalyptical world
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Plus we have no idea how the developer will go with content on either choice yet. Like I said earlier it is Dealers choice on how you like playing.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Finally getting to this update. After having experienced so many other VNs recently, it seems to me there's something in this one - programming commands, render size, something - that makes it turn into a memory hog. It glitches between slides much more than any other of the VNs I've been playing. It moves through the Cut Scenes pretty well (no real delay), but the Shani fight scene on the way out of the Zone, where we had to chose moves, glitched after each choice, and the fact that clicking the choice didn't have immediate effect, but kept the "timer" running, making me think maybe the action didn't take, was also a bit disconcerting. Still enjoying it, but the jerky-ness and flashes of nonsense moving between renders is a little annoying.

Also, someone may have noted before, but the conversations after Shani's return seem to assume you attacked the guy immediately in the zone, rather than drawing him in and taking him off-guard and unarmed. I suppose she could have gotten some kind of cut in the final battle, but that didn't seem to be the case.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unlike many, though, I didn't have any trouble advancing tasks so far, but it seems important to do celebration first, Shani bedroom second, then Library - my guess is the folks that ran into trouble went straight to the bedroom assuming a lewd scene would take place (horny, unthinking bastards ;)). If you read and pay attention to the quest log, you'll get the order right, though.

For now, I think I've done all things Shani (but without doing Shani, yet...) and the quest can progress to the Queen, etc.

Final thought: after seeing modders add in naming and having no trouble whatsoever in the save retaining the name of the save I loaded, it is really kind of a pain when making a save in a VN with the capability built-in, but the name suggested isn't the same as the name of the save you loaded, but some other name from another save running different variables. This isn't the only VN where I've experienced this, but after doing another VN just a few days ago that didn't have this issue, it is fresh on my mind. I'd think this was a basic RenPy function, possibly even a modular "check the box" kind of thing, but maybe it takes heavy lifting to make it work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, that look that Mila Kunis' character, Solara, has in the film is part of it. That's combined with a scene where Denzel's character (Eli) specifically does the same. He cuts off a bandit's hand, and the guy replies with something that doesn't make sense. When the other bandits look confused, he then says the leader is in shock and that he meant, "Kill him". And Shani in this scene disappears into the shadows as he did, and parts of the fight scene are similar in style to the scene that was shot in the film. It's extremely obviously an homage to that part of the film, which was an excellent one BTW.

Reactions: Tulrek and Nulldev
4.80 star(s) 613 Votes