jon4

May 16, 2018
Dev log 21.07.2024
9m
Not much to report this week, I've been working on many things in the game at the same time (such as a necessary steam trailer for DS) so I didn't get as far with the mutant renders, but here are some other rework previews nontheless. See you next week!

Render progress:
Mutant's quest II: 7%

Reworks:
Shani's first adventure (d2e): 100%

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
well, in the freeroam section of the game in the "comon room" are a few actions hinted already, just nothing with Shani alone, so it is only a matter of time.
How I see it.
True, eventually all of them will have alone scenes in the common room as well as more action with eachother. But I´m also expecting something more exclusive. I see the common room as a place to get a "quick snack", if you know what I mean.

Reactions: xapican

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Dev log 21.07.2024
Not much to report this week, I've been working on many things in the game at the same time (such as a necessary steam trailer for DS) so I didn't get as far with the mutant renders, but here are some other rework previews nontheless. See you next week!
Render progress:
Reworks:
d2e-66.png
129e1b81-9749-42ad-88d5-9b6f762bf3a5.png
d2e-56.png

EVIL555

Oct 27, 2022
Dev log 21.07.2024
Render progress:
Reworks:
View attachment 3853722
View attachment 3853723
View attachment 3853724
Reworks: Shani's first adventure (d2e): 100% alterations ahhahah I saw alterations as he does 0 changes

Reactions: chenerba

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Man if I knew what Shani's journey through the zone would contain...oh Julie, stuff like that makes me cry like a baby. Beware folks, the dev will go serial on your heart.
Yeah, I really hope there is another zone event, maybe Shani and MC could go through one together. I think the Shani zone event is the best moment in this game in terms of story telling. I really liked it

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
Man if I knew what Shani's journey through the zone would contain...oh Julie, stuff like that makes me cry like a baby. Beware folks, the dev will go serial on your heart.
I have played this game from the beginning 5 times as it updates. I still cry over Julia. This game will bring out a lot of emotion. I am not even sure if I look at the real world the same after this game. If you have lived long enough you will see a lot of parallels with the world we live in now and how it is evolving.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Reworks:
View attachment 3853724
Shani holds the short sword in her right hand in reverse grip, edge in.

Reverse grip doesn't make that much sense for a short sword but in this case it works for dramatic effect.

The edge in (meaning pointing towards her) doesn't make any sense with a short sword, especially in this particular pose.

For a rework, which is supposed to catch mistakes such as this one, that is honestly somewhat disappointing.

The sword in her left hand (with the spiked knuckleguard), she holds correctly. Although dual wielding two swords of similar lengths but different designs is awkward in it's own right. Dual wielding is difficult enough without that additional challenge. Unless they are completely different blades, like the famous rapier-dagger combination, it's best to use two of same swords.

Reactions: babadunde and dbain

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
The sword in her left hand (with the spiked knuckleguard), she holds correctly.
Uhmm...Ok it is not accurate how you pointed out, totally agreed in that one.
the sword, with the spikes and the full knuckleguard doesn't make sense either, in that pose more so if, like you pointed out, she is wielding 2 swords, bcs it is difficult to change the grip due to the guard, I can figure out by any best will how to do it without getting disturbed by said guard, even if roll it over my hand, I had to loose the grip and create an opening for my adversary to hit it out of my hand, in a real combat, anyway it looks good for dramatic purposes.

Reactions: Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Uhmm...Ok it is not accurate how you pointed out, totally agreed in that one.
the sword, with the spikes and the full knuckleguard doesn't make sense either, in that pose more so if, like you pointed out, she is wielding 2 swords, bcs it is difficult to change the grip due to the guard, I can figure out by any best will how to do it without getting disturbed by said guard, even if roll it over my hand, I had to loose the grip and create an opening for my adversary to hit it out of my hand, in a real combat, anyway it looks good for dramatic purposes.
Yes, I didn't word it carefully because I focussed on the right-hand sword, not the one with spikes.

In the move she made, I would be afraid that the spikes would get caught before blade can make contact. Because she's moving the blades forward through her opponents in a slashing motion.

It's difficult to put this kind of stuff into text.

But the scene, while looking bad ass, gets too many details wrong.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
It's about immersion.

Same as a guy trying to lovingly take a girl's anal virginity without lube.

Desert Stalker happens to be a game which, although like most post-apocalyptic movies or games, requires suspension of disbelief, does pay a lot of attention to the details.

Last edited by a moderator:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I'm happy with that render, and it is clearly an improvement, to the previous one also the lighting gives it a nice touch it is great work, about imersion, I don't know for fencing I go to my Bow and Sword buddies (where i get my ass kicked very often) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: also to be said, Zaton puts a lot of effort in how he positions the characters, and how he uses camara angles and lighting,
her facial expression is also great, so yeah it gives the vibe and conveys the drama I loved it so far.

4.80 star(s) 599 Votes