Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Is it just me or it's trendy to rework games nowadays? A lot of games I follow often re-make past scenes, re-write code, change art style etc. This is A-list project with amazing atmosphere so deserves some trust, but I worry still. We all know this dev team can cook, I just hope they don't get lost in the sauce. Some repeatable events do sound nice, but only if they have some variations each repeat - if it's just a loop it becomes redundant since you can just use gallery/load old save for that. As always there are 2 forces fighting within me; 1) Awesome sounding features, great ideas, I can imagine it will look spectacular! 2) This will add few months to the next update, I will have to re-play the game from start, I will forget stuff from previous update by the time this comes out, it will get re-worked again in the future why am I even immersing.

Will see, not like I have any right to complain, but maybe someone shares similar views as I do and this post can be a bit of a cushion for the worrying blow.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Is it just me or it's trendy to rework games nowadays? A lot of games I follow often re-make past scenes, re-write code, change art style etc. This is A-list project with amazing atmosphere so deserves some trust, but I worry still. We all know this dev team can cook, I just hope they don't get lost in the sauce. Some repeatable events do sound nice, but only if they have some variations each repeat - if it's just a loop it becomes redundant since you can just use gallery/load old save for that. As always there are 2 forces fighting within me; 1) Awesome sounding features, great ideas, I can imagine it will look spectacular! 2) This will add few months to the next update, I will have to re-play the game from start, I will forget stuff from previous update by the time this comes out, it will get re-worked again in the future why am I even immersing.

Will see, not like I have any right to complain, but maybe someone shares similar views as I do and this post can be a bit of a cushion for the worrying blow.
I've mentioned this before here, but these reworks are probably largely motivated by the upcoming Steam release of DS. Steam releases can be incredibly lucrative, so it's not surprising they might take some time to rework some earlier scenes that aren't up to snuff, since those will be a Steam user's first impression of the game and might otherwise complain that they don't live up to preview images.

I'm sure many other devs have similar motivations.

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
Is it just me or it's trendy to rework games nowadays? A lot of games I follow often re-make past scenes, re-write code, change art style etc.
Well you gotta look at it this way, developers improve as time goes by. How many years have some of these games been in development? Imagine how much you improve over that time span. Edit: Also, devs earn money over time and can afford better equipment and assets, that plays a role as well.

I'm personally glad this dev is reworking scenes, some of them were really bad. Look at that first scene with Emilia in the MC's bedroom after you officially announce her as part of the house, it's pretty bad compared to the rest. Only gripe I would have with this whole process is that the devs should finish the game first before reworking things, as is being done with Chasing Sunsets for example and even DPC plans to rework the first chapters where needed, after the game is done.

EVIL555

Oct 27, 2022
View attachment 4013797 View attachment 4013798 View attachment 4013799

Dev log 08.09.2024

Hey everyone, I hope you had a nice week!

I realize that while working on the new content that it must be quite annoying to not know what is even being developed here. We can compare it to the scene with Julia and the lonely house in the zone where I tried to keep the point of the scene secret so you will not get spoiled, except this one is even longer and will have some nice rewards at the end.

While the mutants represent not a direct unavoidable main story, it will give a somewhat deeper insight of the world we are in, and the challenges that the people of the wasteland outside the safe and (baby producing) city walls face, which the old world left behind for them. That just as a footnote for the seemingly random previews you're seeing! :)

Tldr: I keep cooking

Third shot is a comparison between the old and the new and it should highlight how dated some of the older scenes are. I am showing some new angles or highlights in almost every reworked scene so that it's worth replaying next update.

Also, we might finally have some news regarding the steam review next week... and something else that I want to show you too!

Render progress:
Mutant's quest II: 50%

Reworks (& folder names):
Shani's first adventure (d2e): 100%
Back from the pyramid: (d2f): 0%
Ivy's test; mistreated slave (d3b): 20%
Shani and MC in old Cairo (d3c): 10%
Emilia's introduction (d3d): 0%
Kyra in basement (d4a): 100%
Ain's attempted kidnapping (d4b): 0%
Discovering the mutants (d5b): 100%
First trip to Adira w/ Kyra (d5c): 50%
Queen roasts kidnapper (d5d): 10%
Kateryna & Igor first visit: 100%
Abrax' introduction: 30%
Showing Kateryna the city (d6a): 90%
First Asani visit (d6b): 0%

Complete code rework: 0%
UI rework (home buttons): 0%

Repeatable events:
Household repeatable events: 0%
Igor repeatable visit: 0%
Raider throne room repeatable sex: 0%
Mutants repeatable sex events: 0%

Animations (incl. new ones in reworks): 5%
massage Ain I also think it needs to be redone it is also outdated

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
for example and even DPC plans to rework the first chapters where needed, after the game is done.
Where did you read that? He could have remade Acting Lessons (he made a few renders to show his improvement) but he said he won't do it and prefer going forward. Perhaps he'll do it when badik's finished if he doesn't have idea for a new game, but there is quite a lot of years planned to finish it

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
Where did you read that? He could have remade Acting Lessons (he made a few renders to show his improvement) but he said he won't do it and prefer going forward. Perhaps he'll do it when badik's finished if he doesn't have idea for a new game, but there is quite a lot of years planned to finish it
I don't remember where I read him saying this but I remember reading something like that somewhere. It's wasn't some huge remake or anything but I think he mentioned wanting to touch up a few things. Take that with a grain of salt though because like I said, it's been a while since I've read this. If anything it should be in some Q&A he did.

Acting Lessons isn't nearly as popular as BaD so it wouldn't make much sense to spend loads of time remaking it. Pretty sure BaD is going to be his last project, he is a multi-millionaire now after all. Chances are high that he will retire after BaD is done. If I was him I'd retire and go enjoy life.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
my bad, it seems Zetan has no previous game that I know of
:confused:

yeah I mean the scene after the shower, I thought Ain could have shown some emotion/expresiveness so it feels more real, it's like a BIG missed oportunity of make the hottest scene of the entire game

(about Ain having sex with Igor, no idea what are you talking about :LOL: -I can't enjoy that kind of stuff anyway, but that's me-)
I get what you mean, she did seem a bit out of it. She didn´t seem excited like she usually is, it looked like she just submitted so it could be over quickly.

Reactions: yngve

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Yeah I had to cut Igor off as well, he was getting too greedy. First he wants a bj when he comes to visit, then he wants more when we go to visit him, then later he wants a piece of Kat lol. Now from what I hear there will be repeatable visits in the future so I guess he's expecting to fuck our whole harem before all is said and done. Nope, thank God it's optional. Igor can kick rocks.
To be fair to Igor, I don´t think he has once asked the MC to give him anything. It has always been the protagonist´s idea to give something back.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
She didn´t seem excited like she usually is, it looked like she just submitted so it could be over quickly
Yeah, I agree as well. As yngve pointed out, that scene with Ain after the shower was a tad bit underwhelming from her usual emotionally expressive self. It did seem like she wanted to "get it done and over with" but nothing too egregious I would say.

Maybe Ain just needed some alone time to destress after having her shower :KEK: :coffee:

1725848125380.png

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I think she's ok. Would love to see more of her though. She's probably a wild one in bed given how muscular and combative she is based on her profession :devilish::devilish:
Hum! I remember her lines, where she tells her husband that she was already with Zaton before, but their relationship over due to both of them been "demanding". I am curious for Zetan tell us that story in the game, because Zaton has not mentioned nothing about that yet.

Reactions: Leinad_Sevla

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Yeah, I agree as well. As yngve pointed out, that scene with Ain after the shower was a tad bit underwhelming from her usual emotionally expressive self. It did seem like she wanted to "get it done and over with" but nothing too egregious I would say.

Maybe Ain just needed some alone time to destress after having her shower :KEK: :coffee:

View attachment 4014915
Probably. I mean, they can´t always be in the mood, right?

4.80 star(s) 613 Votes