Unity Desktop Garage Kit [v2.0.6] [1UP Games]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Maybe start with the description? Cause it's all nonsensical bullshit. Those graphics aren't 'next generation' anything, let alone 'cartoon rendering'. You're using a cell/toon shader, and those have existed since at least the 6th gen consoles (e.g. Cel Damage, Killer 7, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker). It is not breaking any 'dimensional barriers'. A series of menu switches and sliders is not 'rich interaction'. A desktop widget overlay is not an 'immersive experience'.

You made a customizable anime doll, the digital equivalent of a anime figurine. Cool. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with that or anything. But, just be honest about what it is you made and are trying to sell. The instant people start throwing out that bogus nonsense, I know they're trying to blow smoke up my ass, and it's not appreciated. Just be honest about what you made, and be honest with your audience.
Hi EvolutionKills, Thank you for pointing that out! I've updated the text description accordingly, and I truly appreciate your constructive feedback.

Reactions: Dirty_Dave_69

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
My guy, this is a fucking naked little dress up girl on your computer. Why do you think it matters this much? Let the guy do his thing and pick a fight that's actually worth fighting. Let me worry about what I want to jam my dick into and you worry about your own genitalia, or lack thereof.

Aside from your weirdly aggressive "attack" on their use of buzzwords, it's a fucking $5 app man.
View attachment 2564008
Like.... who the fuck cares?! Bro could claim it sucks my dick and cleans up after itself and makes me nugs and I'd be like "Oh, it's only $5 bucks lol, nice joke."
Thank you for your support! I appreciate it. I'm just trying to create something fun and enjoyable for everyone. Your understanding means a lot to me!

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
would there ever be a way to import models? i know vtubers use VRM format models and would go apeshit for this.
Thank you for the suggestion! That's a great idea, and I'll consider implementing it in the future. I appreciate your input!

Regnak85

Jun 13, 2020
Wouldnt it be nice, if the Girl reacts to some Actions? So, if i watch a Video, she sits down and watches.
If i start Music, she dances... ?

Nata4us

Feb 12, 2018
tell for my pussy - how to unlock content?
i really dont understand it: Up Dow Up Down... How it works? plz^^

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
Cute, but ultimately pointless.
Personal opinion on what could improve the idea:
1. Full character customization.
-Or at the very least do a menu select for all the underwear and accessory options, have mercy on people's mice.
-For now, you wouldn't even need to add thousands of parts, just make it possible to mix and match the assets you already have
-RGB/HSV colour picker for hair/eyes/skin/clothes if possible

2. Genuine interactivity
-Sorry, but the dumb "point my finger at your cursor" thing is one, pretty useless/awkward, and two, very buggy. Now, the idea itself isn't terrible, but you would need to actually animate the character to act like she's looking at the mouse, and not just glue the fingertip to the mouse cursor. Preferably, the final result would be a natural breathing idle, with both her eyes and her head following the cursor while blinking etc.
-What Regnak said is a cool idea. Make her react to whatever you are doing on your PC. Have her walk around the desktop, act like she's looking at whatever you're doing on the screen, maybe sit down when you're watching a video. It could be invasive, but at least there would be some sort of point to it. Make it possible to poke her, headpat her, maybe tickle her or stimulate her, then get her to react to it in some way. Maybe she occasionally (would have to be pretty rare in order to not become annoying) she tries catching your cursor, and you need to flick her forehead to make her calm down or something. Or she moves out of the way when you click on an icon that's behind her.
-If you want to be fancy, having multiple personalities, each acting slightly different would make it exponentially better.
-If you want to be REALLY fancy, programming her to have some actual functionality would also widen your target audience. Sort of like a desktop assistant. I do realize, of course, that making her actually have a dialogue with you isn't really feasible yet (AI tech isn't quite there yet), but reacting to simple commands that could be preprogrammed I believe should be doable, for example

You type in "Run GAME_NAME for me" in a dialogue box
She responds with "Sorry, I don't know where it is - could you show me the file?" - and you can then open a window to pick a specific .exe file. After you do that, she automatically runs that *.exe file every time you tell her to run that specific name.

Basically make use of the technology and make her into a sort of interactive desktop pet/assistant, instead of a limited 3D desktop figure that's just... there.

I can't help but feel that as it is, it's just a fancy resource hog that could be easily replaced by doing a screenshot in Koikatsu/CM3D2 character editor and pasting a transparent image onto your wallpaper. Or even simpler - by a nice wallpaper.

Then again, maybe I'm just not your target audience. I used to like this kind of shit when I was 14, now... Unless there's some actual interactivity to it, I really don't care about it at all.

Of course, I do realize that this would be incomparably more complicated, but like I said - it's just my personal opinion on what would make it more interesting.
Also, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how difficult all of that would be (I imagine making the animations would be either the second biggest if not THE biggest hurdle), but I tried keeping it down to Earth... At least I hope I did :p

Last edited:

michi04

May 14, 2018
Hello, can someone tell me how to enter the command to unlock the adult. somehow it doesn't work. thank you for your help.

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Hello, can someone tell me how to enter the command to unlock the adult. somehow it doesn't work. thank you for your help.
Hi michi04,

Apologies for the late reply, I've been busy working on the new version today.

To unlock the adult mode, type "up up down down left right left right B A" on your keyboard, making sure to click on the character with your left mouse button first. Repeatedly inputting the code will activate the gacha mode, with hundreds of special content items randomly appearing.

You can also click the Accessory button to cycle through some restricted content.

Reactions: michi04

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Is there an option to put animations on loop? Some continue playing and some just stop after some time.
Hi Ejser, I've just added an automatic mode in the latest version that will change poses, outfits, and animations on its own. Thank you for your suggestion!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ejser

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Cute, but ultimately pointless.
Personal opinion on what could improve the idea:
1. Full character customization.
-Or at the very least do a menu select for all the underwear and accessory options, have mercy on people's mice.
-For now, you wouldn't even need to add thousands of parts, just make it possible to mix and match the assets you already have
-RGB/HSV colour picker for hair/eyes/skin/clothes if possible

2. Genuine interactivity
-Sorry, but the dumb "point my finger at your cursor" thing is one, pretty useless/awkward, and two, very buggy. Now, the idea itself isn't terrible, but you would need to actually animate the character to act like she's looking at the mouse, and not just glue the fingertip to the mouse cursor. Preferably, the final result would be a natural breathing idle, with both her eyes and her head following the cursor while blinking etc.
-What Regnak said is a cool idea. Make her react to whatever you are doing on your PC. Have her walk around the desktop, act like she's looking at whatever you're doing on the screen, maybe sit down when you're watching a video. It could be invasive, but at least there would be some sort of point to it. Make it possible to poke her, headpat her, maybe tickle her or stimulate her, then get her to react to it in some way. Maybe she occasionally (would have to be pretty rare in order to not become annoying) she tries catching your cursor, and you need to flick her forehead to make her calm down or something. Or she moves out of the way when you click on an icon that's behind her.
-If you want to be fancy, having multiple personalities, each acting slightly different would make it exponentially better.
-If you want to be REALLY fancy, programming her to have some actual functionality would also widen your target audience. Sort of like a desktop assistant. I do realize, of course, that making her actually have a dialogue with you isn't really feasible yet (AI tech isn't quite there yet), but reacting to simple commands that could be preprogrammed I believe should be doable, for example

You type in "Run GAME_NAME for me" in a dialogue box
She responds with "Sorry, I don't know where it is - could you show me the file?" - and you can then open a window to pick a specific .exe file. After you do that, she automatically runs that *.exe file every time you tell her to run that specific name.

Basically make use of the technology and make her into a sort of interactive desktop pet/assistant, instead of a limited 3D desktop figure that's just... there.

I can't help but feel that as it is, it's just a fancy resource hog that could be easily replaced by doing a screenshot in Koikatsu/CM3D2 character editor and pasting a transparent image onto your wallpaper. Or even simpler - by a nice wallpaper.

Then again, maybe I'm just not your target audience. I used to like this kind of shit when I was 14, now... Unless there's some actual interactivity to it, I really don't care about it at all.

Of course, I do realize that this would be incomparably more complicated, but like I said - it's just my personal opinion on what would make it more interesting.
Also, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how difficult all of that would be (I imagine making the animations would be either the second biggest if not THE biggest hurdle), but I tried keeping it down to Earth... At least I hope I did :p
Hi Zoran89,Thank you for your detailed feedback and suggestions. I appreciate your time and effort in sharing your thoughts on how to improve the software. I agree that adding more customization and interactivity options could make it more appealing and engaging for users. Please know that I am continuously working to develop and enhance the application, and your suggestions will be taken into consideration as I plan future updates.

I understand that not everyone might find the current version of the software to their taste, and I appreciate your honest opinion. My goal is to cater to a wide range of users and their preferences, and I will strive to improve and expand the software's functionality based on user feedback. Once again, thank you for sharing your ideas, and we hope to create a more enjoyable experience for users like you in the future.

Reactions: Zoran89

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Wouldnt it be nice, if the Girl reacts to some Actions? So, if i watch a Video, she sits down and watches.
If i start Music, she dances... ?
Thanks Regnak85! It's a great idea to have the character react to different actions on your computer, like watching a video or listening to music. It would certainly make the experience more engaging and dynamic.

However, I also need to take into consideration the privacy of users' activities. Implementing such features might raise concerns about the software monitoring user behavior, which we want to avoid. That being said, I'll continue exploring ways to enhance interactivity while respecting user privacy. thank you for sharing your ideas!

from125

Mar 4, 2019
im curious,does this has character creation,if not i this could be a good idea,making custom characters,and letting the users upload them on steam workshop,also modding support could be nice too.

not really my cup of tea,but sure does look interesting,if an in depth character creation gets implemented in the future,i may take a look at it

1UP Games

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
im curious,does this has character creation,if not i this could be a good idea,making custom characters,and letting the users upload them on steam workshop,also modding support could be nice too.

not really my cup of tea,but sure does look interesting,if an in depth character creation gets implemented in the future,i may take a look at it
Hi from125,

Thank you for your interest and suggestions! Currently, there is a DIY button in the software that allows you to customize various body parts of the character. In future updates, we plan to add more options, such as skin and facial draw customization, as well as the ability to overlay custom designs or patterns.

Once these features are implemented, I'm considering opening up the Steam Workshop for users to share their creations. Your ideas are fantastic, and I appreciate your enthusiasm. Rest assured that I am working hard to make these features a reality in my software. Keep an eye out for future updates!

As I just mentioned, this showcases some of the recently launched DIY features for you to explore and enjoy.
f3d164c112c18c529934c7c7412e77d480016ae0.gif 208232758350ac774753c50d719969ca9bffec78.gif

Warm Regards,
1UP

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
I'm not sure if Steam allows adding such mysterious objects, but regardless, I'll make a serious note of it. So, would a straight or curved shape be better?;)
Both straight and curved, with the option to make it curved up, down, left and right.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote