_user

Jan 16, 2022
if i want some music to enhance the mood, i can easily put my own music on.
The big difference is that the dev can pick sounds that fit the current scene and enhance whatever he's going for. Spooky scene ? Here's a spooky song and some spooky sfxs. Your own music can easily go opposite to the mood being evoked, playing a game like alien with pop music is far less scarier for example.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'd expect the kind of music you'd find in a detective noir film, like The Maltese Falcon, or The Big Sleep.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I'd expect the kind of music you'd find in a detective noir film, like The Maltese Falcon, or The Big Sleep.

Except this isn't old time Noir setting. This more a Modern Fantasy. So If anything, I'd expect maybe 80s Synthwave Music, some 90s Grunge, & 00' Nu Metal for high octane action. With various years of Hip Hop mixed through out

Like a typical Action movie Or some Orchestral score as well if not mixed in.

Deleted member 4822408

Monster Girl Enthusiast
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Except this isn't old time Noir setting. This more a Modern Fantasy. So If anything, I'd expect maybe 80s Synthwave Music, some 90s Grunge, & 00' Nu Metal for high octane action. With various years of Hip Hop mixed through out

Like a typical Action movie Or some Orchestral score as well if not mixed in.
You hit the nail on the head for the style of music I'd aim for. My ideal soundtrack would be something like a mixture of the soundtracks for Lost Boys, Near Dark, Queen of the Damned, and Repo Man.

It might end up being all dark synth music, since that's the only permission I've gotten so far. I have sent out other messages to people making other styles of music, so fingers crossed that they'll allow me to use their stuff.

As much as I love those noir films, I don't think the music would fit. You should expect more stuff like the main menu music.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Personally i prefer to play these games without music, if i want some music to enhance the mood, i can easily put my own music on.
Same here. I always mute the music as soon as i start the game. Most of the time it´s more annoying than anything. there are just a couple of games where i don´t mute it cuz it just fits. but sadly thats pretty rare

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You hit the nail on the head for the style of music I'd aim for. My ideal soundtrack would be something like a mixture of the soundtracks for Lost Boys, Near Dark, Queen of the Damned, and Repo Man.

It might end up being all dark synth music, since that's the only permission I've gotten so far. I have sent out other messages to people making other styles of music, so fingers crossed that they'll allow me to use their stuff.

As much as I love those noir films, I don't think the music would fit. You should expect more stuff like the main menu music.
Sounds like something more evocative of Blade Runner would fit in. Future Detective Noir.

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
Who is Nasreen? Did her character get name changed or something from Yasmina? She showed up for the first time in my game when you meet modern day Nasir but the writing made it sound like she was previously introduced.

Also, can anyone tell me what choices you have to make to get the scene with the stripper that shows up in the gallery? Never even met the character in my playthrough.

Thanks.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Who is Nasreen? Did her character get name changed or something from Yasmina? She showed up for the first time in my game when you meet modern day Nasir but the writing made it sound like she was previously introduced.

Also, can anyone tell me what choices you have to make to get the scene with the stripper that shows up in the gallery? Never even met the character in my playthrough.

Thanks.
That is a naming bug. Do a search on "Nasreen" and my username and you'll find a post showing who she actually is. Nasir's sister is Yasmina.

To get the scene with the stripper (Yrsa, who is actually the real Nasreen's girlfriend), you have to have turned down Glasha, so almost no one got that scene. :D

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
That is a naming bug. Do a search on "Nasreen" and my username and you'll find a post showing who she actually is. Nasir's sister is Yasmina.

To get the scene with the stripper (Yrsa, who is actually the real Nasreen's girlfriend), you have to have turned down Glasha, so almost no one got that scene. :D
Okay, I figured it was something like that based on the dialogue in the scene with Nasir and the scene with Ysra, where I had noticed the name Nasreen pop up, but just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

And yeah, that makes sense. I never would've found that scene. What kind of degenerate turns down Glasha.

Anyway, thank you for the help.

Reactions: Tiur

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
ebirdest

Nice review. More or less agree. Was wondering what are some examples of the sorts of bread-crumbs you think MC is missing too easily?

Do you think there are moments when the MC's worth as a detective come through? How do you think that could be improved upon in general?

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019

Turning down Glasha? What heresy is this? How could anyone turn down Big Green, when she is actively encouraging us in getting more harem members? :D

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
Turning down Glasha? What heresy is this? How could anyone turn down Big Green, when she is actively encouraging us in getting more harem members? :D
Hey, I just want to see if there's any differences in dialogue.. that's why :D! but on my main playthrough.. nope, I would never turn her down :)

Reactions: monk_56

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hey, I just want to see if there's any differences in dialogue.. that's why :D! but on my main playthrough.. nope, I would never turn her down :)
Honestly, if i could only have one LI on a playthrough, it would definitely be Glasha. She is basically the best gf anyone could wish for, with how supportive and loving she is towards the MC.

• Yay, new update!

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
ebirdest

Nice review. More or less agree. Was wondering what are some examples of the sorts of bread-crumbs you think MC is missing too easily?

Do you think there are moments when the MC's worth as a detective come through? How do you think that could be improved upon in general?
Unfortunately, I do not really recall specific examples off the top of my head. I did the whole game basically in one sitting, and like I mentioned in the review, I quite enjoyed the game overall, so there was nothing so egregious that it soured the game for me or stuck in my mind too much after the fact. More of just a general vibe I got while playing.

It just felt like there were some lines said to/around the MC by more mysterious characters (Liliah, Vali, vampire women, etc.) that seemed like they were primarily for the benefit of teasing things to the player. They were missed or easily glossed over by the MC, which felt uncharacteristic for someone who is being presented as an intuitive and talented detective.

It is somewhat of a nitpick, I just felt like it could've been avoided by having these teaser lines dropped when the MC isn't present or through internal dialogue of the other characters. It also just added to the only real "issue" I had with the game that the MC doesn't feel all that detective-y a lot of the time.

Most of the time that his detective talents seem to be present, he will simply point out that something is suspicious or doesn't quite add up. Then, sometime later in the story when the truth is revealed, it feels like he kind of just says/thinks something to the effect of "ah, I thought that was what it would be", but it didn't feel like a process of deduction or discovery ever really happened with the MC that the player was a part of. And his sense of urgency towards cases, particularly a murder that feels very personal to him, feels somewhat lacking.

I don't know the best way to improve it, and its not like the game is purely about being a detective, so I am not overly concerned with it. I would just prefer there be more of a proactive feeling of solving things and discovering new information, or being a part of the MC making deductions, rather than the answers feeling like they often just kind of fall into his lap or are reached by him in a way the player doesn't really participate in.

Ultimately, its a game I enjoyed for many reasons. If his character background was more generic rather than him being a successful detective, I wouldn't really have much to critique about the game, so it is probably just me being a bit nitpicky about an area I think things could be better rather than it being an actual issue. I would rather developers try to make something more unique and not do it perfectly than go with something safe and boring anyways, hence why I still gave it 5 stars in my review.

I guess there was one other thing that came to mind as I was typing this up, but again, it is really not something that is a big deal.

Unless it was another "fake" name for Vali, I believe the MC finally got the real name of Vali revealed to him towards the end of the update, and everyone seemed kind of chill about it even though it was presented as a big secret that should only be revealed at the right time. There was a conversation at the beginning of the game that seemed to tease that would be Vali's real identity, so it wasn't a huge surprise as a player, but I would've liked the characters to have reacted a bit more to it given the significance that had been placed on it.

This ended up being way longer than I expected/intended, but oh well. If the developer happens to read this, very good game and don't take my essay too seriously lol

• Red Heart
4.60 star(s) 43 Votes