HTML [Dev Log] Grizzly Grove [Gay][v 0.18e]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
This didn't happen during my game.
Greetings!

A small suggestion. Do something with repetitive scenes. Especially during training. It looks strange when the gym mates you already know tell you the same story. Maybe they'll just say: ready to get your ass kicked; protect your balls... I don't know, but replays of the first dialogue in the ring don't look good.
Keep it up!
That's one thing I considered. For example, if you do the Thompson job twice on lvl 2, you'll notice that the dialogues are pretty different from the first time you did the job. I'm planning to have that on the new daily jobs on lvl 3. And also other daily jobs, like the trainings, or the lvl 2/lvl1 jobs, but I can't promise a date for that. To control that, I would need to keep it in a global variable, and I'm trying to not flood the game with global variables or it will slow down the game in the future.

You can be sure of something: I'll have this in mind for the repetitive jobs from this update onwards.

Oh! Need a romance line with Luke. And maybe a little jealousy between daddy and son :devilish:
That was one thing I thought on including on lvl 2, that banging or even flirting with Luke actually damaged the romance with Dalton...but I didn't want to complicate the romance at that point, so I discarded it.

But Yeah, that would add an interesting layer to any plotline. Maybe I'll add something like that but with other characters...we'll see :devilish:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

This update was interesting. But you're leaving us on a cliff hanger :(.

It became difficult to try everything and I'm sure I missed some content (dom/sub, romance 1 or 2 or neither, kidnapped or not...).
You've introduced a bunch of new characters, particularly 2 annoying mothers and one annoying companion (the other one, we don't know yet). The new partner, Luke, I have a good feeling for him. I hope I'm not wrong... Some characters are taking an upgrade like Howard.
Thanks for adding some new kink scenes.

Now that Clay is really leaving, unlocking his scenes with Mack is really difficult.
Luke knew that Ryan was with Garrett and was going to the gym before even encountering Nina and Mike in my first playthrough (you need to work at the Callister's for that dialog to happen when you come back to HQ).
Luke friendship points should also be gained when working together instead of just 2 +50 on particular events. And I would love to see him outside the job environment.
I'm sorry for not being knowledgeable enough but the meaning of some practices were out of my league because too specific (flogging/caning/spitroast).
Dalton's romance is really slow this time (it's not even at 20 when the 3rd promotion event takes place).
There should be a warning before this 3rd promotion to save, otherwise we lost everything since we return at the disclaimer screen when it's finished (so no back button).
I hope you'll have some other uses of hypnosis.
The event at the mall with Trent should evolve according to your skills. I would also say the same for others depending on the relationship points (Wade is already like that but there could be something after).
Will the stock of soaps and condoms really matter at some point? Now, it feels they are infinite.

• After winning the Bear Fist Tournament, Garret was still appearing on Brawler's pit, leading to a black screen. He won't appear there anymore.
No -_-. I wanted to ask if it was possible to have exhibition matches.

An image is missing during Louie training (cf files).
An error when using your special move against Max on Dalton's romance path (cf files).

That's one thing I considered. For example, if you do the Thompson job twice on lvl 2, you'll notice that the dialogues are pretty different from the first time you did the job. I'm planning to have that on the new daily jobs on lvl 3. And also other daily jobs, like the trainings, or the lvl 2/lvl1 jobs, but I can't promise a date for that. To control that, I would need to keep it in a global variable, and I'm trying to not flood the game with global variables or it will slow down the game in the future.

You can be sure of something: I'll have this in mind for the repetitive jobs from this update onwards.
That's what I was expecting, some new training methods for VIP cleaner with Brian and Louie.

Hey, if you really want to, you can always try Twine. On its basic form, you can do a CHYOA text game without any programming knowledge. Now if you want something more complex...yeah, you have to deal with HTML+JavaScript (JS)+CSS and it's a pain.

But don't be discouraged by the technical conversations, games like mine are bad examples. Sandboxes are very complex beasts.

Oh and by the way, the next update will be rolling tomorrow, or wednesday at most. Right now, I'm correcting some bugs (thanks randiel for finding them) and doing the help section.
Well. On every game thread, I see some users saying "if you don't like it, make your own game". And I've seen so many new devs trying to do something that I thought "Why not trying it some day". But the more I read, the more I see the devs having problems and encountering bugs. I was already wondering for the artistic part since I don't keep anything. And with zero knowledge, how could I solve something other devs are having difficulties to do so. The comments that are becoming harsher and harsher would also be an issue. To conclude, I don't think I'm cut to do a game though my head is full of ideas.

Good continuation.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Hello.

This update was interesting. But you're leaving us on a cliff hanger :(.
Heh, I promise to not do that (often :devilish: )

It became difficult to try everything and I'm sure I missed some content (dom/sub, romance 1 or 2 or neither, kidnapped or not...).
You've introduced a bunch of new characters, particularly 2 annoying mothers and one annoying companion (the other one, we don't know yet). The new partner, Luke, I have a good feeling for him. I hope I'm not wrong... Some characters are taking an upgrade like Howard.
Thanks for adding some new kink scenes.
Yeah, but at least I hope I managed to keep you playing despite you dislike for BDSM. Many players quit a game here instantly when they come across a kink they don't like. I really appreciate you keep playing my game, thank you man.

By the way, there will be more content about Ryan's annoying mother... and her "friend" (I'm not spoiling anything yet, but both of them will have an entire dedicated storyline) in the future.

Now that Clay is really leaving, unlocking his scenes with Mack is really difficult.
Yeah, I guess that's bound to happen as more updates come. Sorry :(

Luke knew that Ryan was with Garrett and was going to the gym before even encountering Nina and Mike in my first playthrough (you need to work at the Callister's for that dialog to happen when you come back to HQ).
Hmmm, you have a point there. Maybe I should have included a conversation about that on the first day job. I made the callister job after the thompson's job...and even there I'm not sure if they reveal that info to luke organically.

Luke friendship points should also be gained when working together instead of just 2 +50 on particular events. And I would love to see him outside the job environment.
It was like that initially... but one of the requisites to start dalton's romance was precisely the full friendship with Luke...and grinding it before mission 2 didn't seem right, so Iopted to gate it to two major choices/actions on both mission 1 and 2.

I'm sorry for not being knowledgeable enough but the meaning of some practices were out of my league because too specific (flogging/caning/spitroast).
Don't worry. By the way, spit roast refers to 3 people having sex, where one is being fucked anally by one, and orally by the other. It doesn't have to do with BDSM at all, I think it still falls on vanilla sex.

Dalton's romance is really slow this time (it's not even at 20 when the 3rd promotion event takes place).
It's just the start. The romance progression will take place at level 3

There should be a warning before this 3rd promotion to save, otherwise we lost everything since we return at the disclaimer screen when it's finished (so no back button).
Sounds logical, I'll put a warning to save, but you can always do the autosave in such cases. It will get you back to the prior day.

I hope you'll have some other uses of hypnosis.
Dr. Michael is planned to appear when I finally include the Mercy hospital at the map

The event at the mall with Trent should evolve according to your skills. I would also say the same for others depending on the relationship points (Wade is already like that but there could be something after).
Well, trent isn't planned to have more encounters like Wade, and I made that event way before I got the fights idea.

Will the stock of soaps and condoms really matter at some point? Now, it feels they are infinite.
You can have as many as you want

No -_-. I wanted to ask if it was possible to have exhibition matches.
I thought about that when I finished the gym's content on the last update...but that would require a re-write of all the 10 opponents, and I didn't had time :(

An image is missing during Louie training (cf files).
An error when using your special move against Max on Dalton's romance path (cf files).
Fixed them. On the first screen, it was a misplaced dialogue with Luke (I had an armpit sniff scene on another sex scene), I deleted it since it doesn't belong there. As for the second, also fixed it. Expect both fixes next week on 0.18b. Thank you for reporting these

That's what I was expecting, some new training methods for VIP cleaner with Brian and Louie.
Sorry, I couldn't come up with other training methods, because Ryan have a lot of skills when he reaches VIP Cleaner. I'll rethink this on lvl 3, maybe I can come up with something, but no promises there. Level 3 is looking way bigger than level 2 even without that o_O

Well. On every game thread, I see some users saying "if you don't like it, make your own game". And I've seen so many new devs trying to do something that I thought "Why not trying it some day". But the more I read, the more I see the devs having problems and encountering bugs. I was already wondering for the artistic part since I don't keep anything. And with zero knowledge, how could I solve something other devs are having difficulties to do so. The comments that are becoming harsher and harsher would also be an issue. To conclude, I don't think I'm cut to do a game though my head is full of ideas.
Yeah, it can be harsh. Man, some game threads are really intense. At least this thread has been really peaceful, everyone here has been so nice and helpful...I feel I'm ready to go for the wolf's den soon and publish the game here officially.

Oh, and a little update for everyone: I finished the promotion scene, and started the first day at level 3. Also, the hotfix 0.18b is scheduled to appear on monday or tuesday.

And an announcement: The next update (0.19) will come at the official game's thread, so yeah, this game will be officially launched here. All thanks to you guys and your feedback :love:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

As always thanks for the explainations.

Yeah, but at least I hope I managed to keep you playing despite you dislike for BDSM. Many players quit a game here instantly when they come across a kink they don't like. I really appreciate you keep playing my game, thank you man.
Well, it's not BDSM that I dislike but the suffering. If the expression is pained or if the context makes it painful, I just can't.
I watched a scene in which one was blindfolded and hand tied, while the other was playing with food like strawberries and champagne. And it was really hot.
It's the same with hypnosis. I love the pleasure the person under it is feeling but reading the suffering thoughts, having them becoming things (doll, drone, statue...) without emotion or making them hurt people against their will, well the context can make me go soft.
And I keep playing because you've made a good game ;).

Hmmm, you have a point there. Maybe I should have included a conversation about that on the first day job. I made the callister job after the thompson's job...and even there I'm not sure if they reveal that info to luke organically.
Well, they talk about the gym stuff. Not sure about Garrett though. And the tournament was finished if that helps.
1645846877483.png
And the talk about it is when we return to HQ from the Callister's while Luke is writing the report. And I was at the fight with Garrett here.
1645847208632.png
It was like that initially... but one of the requisites to start dalton's romance was precisely the full friendship with Luke...and grinding it before mission 2 didn't seem right, so Iopted to gate it to two major choices/actions on both mission 1 and 2.
I can understand that choice but you could have done something like +5 for normal works and +30 on special events (I don't know how many times we're supposed to work together with Luke to reach 100 though). The +50 on 2 events made me think it was more romance than friendship.

Well, trent isn't planned to have more encounters like Wade, and I made that event way before I got the fights idea.
Well, I was more thinking that with his job progression, his cleaning skills are getting better so he should be able to clean the mall more quickly and then fool around if we choose "I won't pay a cent because of that asshole. I'll leave this shit as clean that everyone will slide away on the fucking floor". Sorry if that was misleading. And so if a stat is getting better, there should be consequences (cleaning skills, relationship points, other skills, general stats like attitude or cleanliness).
I don't know the other way around since I just tried once to see Lloyd sex scenes but the same logic could be used there too.
I hope I'm more clear. And it's not an obligation, just an idea on what could be expected with the stats progression.

You can have as many as you want
Then, what's the point? If I can't "use" them (meaning, if the number doesn't drop when we shower or take a bath), there's no need to buy more. The same can be said for the condoms.

For the rest, working with mom option is less expected now.
For the gym and the training, there's no need to rush. You already do a lot of work.
For Clay, I couldn't trigger any sex scene with him outside the farewell gift. You just have to adjust the requirements like you did for the first day at work with Mr Callister.

Good continuation.

Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Then, what's the point? If I can't "use" them (meaning, if the number doesn't drop when we shower or take a bath), there's no need to buy more. The same can be said for the condoms.
The soaps should drop whenever you take a shower/ take a bath on the tub on the apartment. The only place I didn't put it was on JCS showers because I thought, well, they have their own soaps. And besides, on JCS showers the energy gain is minimal, like 5 energy so I thought it wouldn't be necessary. But I can change it so the gain is 10 energy but at cost of 1 soap unit :unsure:

Now that I think of it, I don't say anywhere when an item is used. The home shower/tub is the perfect example. I'll look into it now, because that's a big UI mistake. Thank you for pointing that out, man. I'm so glad I made this thread before releasing it, at least the game will look good on it's initial release, thanks to everybody on this thread. :love:

I was going to release 0.18b tonight, but I'm gonna delay it until I solve that UI mess.

And as for how I'm doing...I'm still at the first day job on level 3. Not too much advancements these weekend, because I didn't had time to sit and write. sorry :(

EDIT: I'm uploading the update 0.18b to Mega right now. I will edit as soon as I got it completed

EDIT2: Here it is. 0.18b

Update 0.18b: HotFix

Another week, another hotfix. The cheat password is the same as the 0.18 version (Go and look on the 0.18 notes)

Features:
  • Whenever an item is used (as of this update, only the soaps and the PC Hard drive) now the game will tell you that you used it, and how much. This has been implemented on the showers and the hard drive installation on the PC
  • Talking about showers, now the JCS shower will restore 10 energy, but now it cost 1 soap unit

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug in the landlord's visit event at the start of the game. When doing the event at 9:30 or higher, the game thinks you didn't finish the event in time, when you actually did.
  • Changed the odds of getting the special mission on JCS Level 1. Now it's much more likely to get it if your job progress is greater or equal to 40
  • Deleted one misplaced dialog on the sex scene of the first mission of level 2
Download links:

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The soaps should drop whenever you take a shower/ take a bath on the tub on the apartment. The only place I didn't put it was on JCS showers because I thought, well, they have their own soaps. And besides, on JCS showers the energy gain is minimal, like 5 energy so I thought it wouldn't be necessary. But I can change it so the gain is 10 energy but at cost of 1 soap unit :unsure:

Now that I think of it, I don't say anywhere when an item is used. The home shower/tub is the perfect example. I'll look into it now, because that's a big UI mistake. Thank you for pointing that out, man. I'm so glad I made this thread before releasing it, at least the game will look good on it's initial release, thanks to everybody on this thread. :love:

Features:
  • Whenever an item is used (as of this update, only the soaps and the PC Hard drive) now the game will tell you that you used it, and how much. This has been implemented on the showers and the hard drive installation on the PC
  • Talking about showers, now the JCS shower will restore 10 energy, but now it cost 1 soap unit
Sorry. The idiot that is myself made you do some more work unneccessarily :cry:. Though, showing how much soap you still have or how many you used will definitely come in handy when you add more items, particularly the cooking skill (ingredients) or the gun skill (ammunition) (wasn't there already a message when the PC hard drive is installed?).
After reading the first part of your message, I realized that I'm trully a big idiot. I said that because, when I was going to the shop buying more soaps after taking several showers, I always saw 20 and 20 and thought "why have I still 20 soaps?" (sorry, I must have played Young Marcus Expanded too much...).
Concerning the JCS shower, I wasn't asking for anything and, like you said, they should have their own soaps. But what you did isn't a bad idea too. Though Dalton or Fred should say something in the interview or during the presentation of the first day. And it will be difficult at the start (training with Brian and Louie cost 10+10 energy, without counting sex scenes). My idea would have been to have your salary reduced by the cost of how many shower you take that day.
And I'm not sure that, if you add other locations to take a shower, there's a need to use the soap because, even if they use soap, they could use a different one (a liquid one for example). Or it could also be included in the overall costs.

And sorry for always trying to find a logic even though it's just an adult game...

Good continuation.

• Red Heart

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi just played .18. Really love the additions, and I can't stress enough how great you line-up the scenes with dedicated characters. Both romance paths are very unique and refreshing :love:

Here's some feedback (if it's not been reported already):
1. MC's POV is inconsistent. It was mainly First person, but then there's also Third person, kinda breaking immersion

2. The build-up with Luke is too quick - if you want to make him a main NPC. You just met in the first scene, and in the next one you are already BFF and fuck buddy - he even know your BF without any hint.

3. You can't access Dalton's office For Lv2 events (mainly the attitude shift event) once you reached Lv3 requirement - it'll just say Lv3 is not implemented yet. I get you should hv different events sets for different Lv (even the same event with different variations - like the coffee talk). But some events should be universal (like the attitude shift or calm down fuck event)?
Or if it's unique to a certain level (like the attitude shift event), maybe make sure it's triggered before you can go to next level?

4. Maybe a skip option for the fights? Kinda annoying when you try to see different outcome of an event, when it's tied to the fight, or after the fight but you need to fight it over and over again, or serious of events that contain multiple fights.

5. I kinda like the relationship / romance point system as of now, that you gain them thru certain events. So you don't really need to mindless grind them for future contents. And grinding points also tend to break things.
Like this: every scene when you see it the first time you gain points, then after you saw all of them you are ready to the next stage.

6, For romance path you are taking the VN route? When you enter a romance path then you are locked in?
Then " jealousy" doesn't really work. And NPCs acknowledge which path you are in is actually good (like Luke acknowledge Garret).
And I think it's actually easier this way when you adding more romance paths, as you don't need to worry about too many variables.

7. The need for money: You basically don't need money for anything, even the rent doesn't require a lot - not to mention it takes forever before you are able to pay the rent, I want more landlord actions :LOL: . But then you are doing extra works (like whoring) for extra money, kinda feels weird.
If you wanna make money relevant, maybe keeps the rent relatively high, or has an increment as time pass; makes them due more frequently. Or a big goal like buying a estate / company.
Or just remove the extra part where you go out of your way just for extra money.

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
1. MC's POV is inconsistent. It was mainly First person, but then there's also Third person, kinda breaking immersion
I'm aware of that. I'll try to switch to one form consistently (third person. I'll try to avoid first person from now on). Sigh, This shows how much I suck at writing, and I can't even blame my awful english for this. I'm sure if I had written this in spanish I would make the exact same mistakes. This is the first time in my life I try to write seriously, I'm more a programmer than a writer :oops:

After I started this project, my respect and admiration for writers grew x 10000000 . I'll do my best to not repeat this mistake on the next update, or at least make it less common. It worries me when players lose immersion.

2. The build-up with Luke is too quick - if you want to make him a main NPC. You just met in the first scene, and in the next one you are already BFF and fuck buddy - he even know your BF without any hint
Yup, Oliz82 also noted that inconsistency. After I finish level 3, and while I wait for the results of the first poll I'm planning for the next content, I'll have a re-read of the entire game to tackle those plot mistakes. I hate when two storylines mixes and npcs have to react to events on another...but I guess it's the nature of the beast.

3. You can't access Dalton's office For Lv2 events (mainly the attitude shift event) once you reached Lv3 requirement - it'll just say Lv3 is not implemented yet. I get you should hv different events sets for different Lv (even the same event with different variations - like the coffee talk). But some events should be universal (like the attitude shift or calm down fuck event)?
Or if it's unique to a certain level (like the attitude shift event), maybe make sure it's triggered before you can go to next level?
The attitude event was originally planned as a lvl 2 only event (Luke is involved there. On lvl 1 you're a lowly assistant and wouldn't be logic for you to be the star instead of Clay, and in lvl 3 .... hmmm, Luke is again a problem. But I can think on a version without him, but I can't make you a promise there. lvl 3 will have a lot content and I'm not sure if I can include it on the next update.

But the message of lvl 3 not implemented yet...that is definitely a bug and you should NOT be able to see that. I'm taking a look at this on this week. Thanks for reporting it.

4. Maybe a skip option for the fights? Kinda annoying when you try to see different outcome of an event, when it's tied to the fight, or after the fight but you need to fight it over and over again, or serious of events that contain multiple fights.
I thought about it, but I'm not quite sure of how I would implement it, especially since losing/winning some battles may lead you to very different outcomes (normally a game over).

5. I kinda like the relationship / romance point system as of now, that you gain them thru certain events. So you don't really need to mindless grind them for future contents. And grinding points also tend to break things.
Like this: every scene when you see it the first time you gain points, then after you saw all of them you are ready to the next stage
That's how I have planned Dalton's romance progression on level 3. And it will become the standard for all future love interests (Mack, and some others I won't spoil yet)

6, For romance path you are taking the VN route? When you enter a romance path then you are locked in?
Then " jealousy" doesn't really work. And NPCs acknowledge which path you are in is actually good (like Luke acknowledge Garret).
And I think it's actually easier this way when you adding more romance paths, as you don't need to worry about too many variables.
Yeah. A year ago when I was planning the game (I was learning twine), the initial plan was that the MC were able to romance more than one guy, and somehow they find it and leave you after a nasty scene (for example, Garrett discovering you after initiating dalton's romance path, or Dalton beating the fuck out of you if you initiate Garrett's love path after lvl 2 romance events...) but I had to rule that out. This is my first game, and dealing with jealousy or, gasp, NTR, won't be convenient for me as a newbie dev.

So I opted for a VN approach, and lock the player on a romance path to avoid the cheating aspect. Basically, the game is a hub of many storylines, each one with a love interest on them. Gym storyline-Garrett, JCS-Dalton. Mack will be on Ursus brothel storyline... and I also have planned storylines for Bear den's store (the MC's family store), the crime storyline or Macrosoft, but I'm not telling the love interests...yet.

But Cheating is something I'm going to include on my second project, that's for sure. Maybe even NTR if I ever figure it out how to make it work for a gay focused game.

7. The need for money: You basically don't need money for anything, even the rent doesn't require a lot - not to mention it takes forever before you are able to pay the rent, I want more landlord actions :LOL: . But then you are doing extra works (like whoring) for extra money, kinda feels weird.
If you wanna make money relevant, maybe keeps the rent relatively high, or has an increment as time pass; makes them due more frequently. Or a big goal like buying a estate / company.
Or just remove the extra part where you go out of your way just for extra money
I'm thinking on doubling up the rent...but it would be nasty on the first month. I have to think about it. But yeah, I'm aware that money is useless right now in the game, and I'll be adding more and fun ways to spend it.

Thank you for taking the time to give such detailed feedback, I'm so happy when I read this...this means people actually play my pervert game. When I started this, I thought nobody would play it :love:

Oh and, guys, time to report. Because the game is not dead. I have the level 2 promotion scene complete (the one on the preview) and I'll finish the Level 3 first day mission today (or tomorrow at most). Took me a week because I wanted to make it more complex, or at least more interesting than the first day of previous levels. I'm finally getting the hang on how to make multiple choices on a mission without making them a mess (like I did on lvl 1 and lvl 2).

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Yeah. A year ago when I was planning the game (I was learning twine), the initial plan was that the MC were able to romance more than one guy, and somehow they find it and leave you after a nasty scene (for example, Garrett discovering you after initiating dalton's romance path, or Dalton beating the fuck out of you if you initiate Garrett's love path after lvl 2 romance events...) but I had to rule that out. This is my first game, and dealing with jealousy or, gasp, NTR, won't be convenient for me as a newbie dev.

So I opted for a VN approach, and lock the player on a romance path to avoid the cheating aspect. Basically, the game is a hub of many storylines, each one with a love interest on them. Gym storyline-Garrett, JCS-Dalton. Mack will be on Ursus brothel storyline... and I also have planned storylines for Bear den's store (the MC's family store), the crime storyline or Macrosoft, but I'm not telling the love interests...yet.

But Cheating is something I'm going to include on my second project, that's for sure. Maybe even NTR if I ever figure it out how to make it work for a gay focused game.
Sensitive subject, particularly here on F95zone.
I've never seen a game featuring NTR being interesting since the core of it is usually very angsty. Cheating and swinging are working better. But that's just my taste I guess.
So I would be glad if you succeed in making me like NTR. But don't mind me, just make the game you want.

For Grizzly Grove, you should leave a message when starting a romance path for those expecting a possible harem (something like "If you start to romance this character, you won't be able to start another romance path"). And what you wanted to make would have been interesting (a Grizzly Grove 2.0 for later maybe), though differentiating several type of sex scene (romance, occasional, prostitute, rape, forced, oral, anal, known or not...) would certainly be a hassle.

Oh and, guys, time to report. Because the game is not dead. I have the promotion scene complete and I'll finish the Level 3 first day mission today (or tomorrow at most). Took me a week because I wanted to make it more complex, or at least more interesting than the first day of previous levels. I'm finally getting the hang on how to make multiple choices on a mission without making them a mess (like I did on lvl 1 and lvl 2).
If the level 2 promotion doesn't take place, do you intend to make it happen as soon as possible or wait for the level 3 promotion as a whole?

Hey, if you really want to, you can always try Twine. On its basic form, you can do a CHYOA text game without any programming knowledge. Now if you want something more complex...yeah, you have to deal with HTML+JavaScript (JS)+CSS and it's a pain.

But don't be discouraged by the technical conversations, games like mine are bad examples. Sandboxes are very complex beasts.
Yeah, it can be harsh. Man, some game threads are really intense. At least this thread has been really peaceful, everyone here has been so nice and helpful...I feel I'm ready to go for the wolf's den soon and publish the game here officially.
On a side note, I've searched about it. And while it seems more easier to make a CHYOA game like "The Fairy Prince" or an adventure one like "Dukes & Dildos" or "Doom of Sindel", it would be useless if I don't understand anything to solve errors I may create. I'm also aware that I'm not intelligent enough to learn something specific like programming anymore. My computer knowledge is limited to functions (in french that is). I wouldn't even know were to start and what program to use.
Plus, what I have in mind is a roaming game similar to this one or Young Marcus - Expanded (and it'll stay in my head with every other ideas my mind create since my writing is awful...).

Good continuation.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I've never seen a game featuring NTR being interesting since the core of it is usually very angsty. Cheating and swinging are working better. But that's just my taste I guess.
So I would be glad if you succeed in making me like NTR. But don't mind me, just make the game you want.
TBH I don't think NTR is even a thing for Gay porn (games). IRL might be different, but in porn, when I see my love is fucking another man, the first thing I think would be "Join".
Unless you are in serious monogamy, then that's cheating - but Gay porn (game) MC normally is a slut that fucks anything that moves, so unless that's a dedicated drama focus on Cheating and all that unhealthy struggles - I'm not sure anyone play Gay porn game is interested in that. :ROFLMAO:
IMO NTR's only works for straight (or those who don't think with their dicks;)) - as you totally won't want to fuck the man who's fucking your girl :LOL:

Tho I shouldn't kink shame, maybe there really is someone who's into all that unhealthy struggles, I just can't wrap my head around the idea.

Also I agree, a notice when you about to make the choice to enter a path (that lock you into it) will be a good QoL setting.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Oliz82 and Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Well, since NTR is not a kink that I know... maybe I should skip it. But I'm intending to use jealousy/cheating on my next project. Well, at least on this game you won't see NTR and I'll try to minimize jealousy/cheating to the minimum. But now I have an idea to actually include some of it on the game...so yeah, romances can still be ruined even if they don't mix. With Garrett there was one chance to ruin it and I'm thinking on other ways to do it with Dalton :devilish:

For Grizzly Grove, you should leave a message when starting a romance path for those expecting a possible harem
Also I agree, a notice when you about to make the choice to enter a path (that lock you into it) will be a good QoL setting.
I quote you both, because your suggestion seems reasonable, I'll put a big warning every time you start a romance path, and in the description of the game I'll talk about it. Many players got confused on this regard.

If the level 2 promotion doesn't take place, do you intend to make it happen as soon as possible or wait for the level 3 promotion as a whole?
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The promotion I finished was the lvl 2 promotion, the one with the cliffhanger (you saw a preview on 0.18). Level 3 is the final level, and once you finally reach the 100 progress level, Dalton's epilogue will start (not as deep as Garrett's epilogue though). There is no lvl 3 promotion scene. Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to edit my last message to be more clear.

On a side note, I've searched about it. And while it seems more easier to make a CHYOA game like "The Fairy Prince" or an adventure one like "Dukes & Dildos" or "Doom of Sindel", it would be useless if I don't understand anything to solve errors I may create. I'm also aware that I'm not intelligent enough to learn something specific like programming anymore. My computer knowledge is limited to functions (in french that is). I wouldn't even know were to start and what program to use.
Plus, what I have in mind is a roaming game similar to this one or Young Marcus - Expanded (and it'll stay in my head with every other ideas my mind create since my writing is awful...).
Don't worry, not everybody have the patience to be a dev, hell, I don't know if I have it, my game isn't released yet. But just for the record, even if it's a small CYOA game, it would be nice. There are so few people that do gay games.

TBH I don't think NTR is even a thing for Gay porn (games). IRL might be different, but in porn, when I see my love is fucking another man, the first thing I think would be "Join".
Unless you are in serious monogamy, then that's cheating - but Gay porn (game) MC normally is a slut that fucks anything that moves, so unless that's a dedicated drama focus on Cheating and all that unhealthy struggles - I'm not sure anyone play Gay porn game is interested in that. :ROFLMAO:
IMO NTR's only works for straight (or those who don't think with their dicks;)) - as you totally won't want to fuck the man who's fucking your girl :LOL:

Tho I shouldn't kink shame, maybe there really is someone who's into all that unhealthy struggles, I just can't wrap my head around the idea.
You know, at last I have the perspective from someone from the LGBT community about NTR games, I never understood completely the fuzz here, maybe it's for the reason you mention, on a porn game we would like to join the fun :ROFLMAO:. I guess I should abandon the idea...even though I'll include cheating/jealousy on my next game, or maybe a bit of it on Grizzly Grove. Thank you for the feedback!

And don't worry, that doesn't alter anything I have thought, right now my next project is only a nasty bunch of ideas on my head. And will stay there for the time being, Grizzly Grove will have content for a long time :)

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

While it's accurate that everybody is fucking everybody while another one is masturbating watching others having sex or prefers joining them in gay porn and gay games, I think it's better to be cautious.
And you're also right, there are monogamous gay couple or one very possessive and jealous (while having multiple partners...) IRL so a dev could make a scenario with a character like that.
As a bi man, I wouldn't mind a game in which you could join your girl with another man because, for me, either it's exciting and you join or masturbate or you can't stand it and leave her (for him :p). I've never understood the middle path ("I'm not sure" or "everything will go back to before") with so much anger and no choice as a player.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The promotion I finished was the lvl 2 promotion, the one with the cliffhanger (you saw a preview on 0.18). Level 3 is the final level, and once you finally reach the 100 progress level, Dalton's epilogue will start (not as deep as Garrett's epilogue though). There is no lvl 3 promotion scene. Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to edit my last message to be more clear.
No, you were clear. But I suppose I was the one not explicit enough.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't worry, not everybody have the patience to be a dev, hell, I don't know if I have it, my game isn't released yet. But just for the record, even if it's a small CYOA game, it would be nice. There are so few people that do gay games.
So you're trying to bribe me with my feelings;).
More seriously, even if I had an idea of that type, the lack of programming and software knowledge and without having any artistical material, it could be really complicated. But, I won't say never.
Well, since NTR is not a kink that I know... maybe I should skip it. But I'm intending to use jealousy/cheating on my next project. Well, at least on this game you won't see NTR and I'll try to minimize jealousy/cheating to the minimum. But now I have an idea to actually include some of it on the game...so yeah, romances can still be ruined even if they don't mix. With Garrett there was one chance to ruin it and I'm thinking on other ways to do it with Dalton :devilish:
You know, at last I have the perspective from someone from the LGBT community about NTR games, I never understood completely the fuzz here, maybe it's for the reason you mention, on a porn game we would like to join the fun :ROFLMAO:. I guess I should abandon the idea...even though I'll include cheating/jealousy on my next game, or maybe a bit of it on Grizzly Grove. Thank you for the feedback!

And don't worry, that doesn't alter anything I have thought, right now my next project is only a nasty bunch of ideas on my head. And will stay there for the time being, Grizzly Grove will have content for a long time :)
Cheating and jealousy can reveal feelings kept hidden (positive or negative), making the relationship more clear.
But I think a relationship like Nina and Mike is the best.

Good continuation.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
While it's accurate that everybody is fucking everybody while another one is masturbating watching others having sex or prefers joining them in gay porn and gay games, I think it's better to be cautious.
And you're also right, there are monogamous gay couple or one very possessive and jealous (while having multiple partners...) IRL so a dev could make a scenario with a character like that.
As a bi man, I wouldn't mind a game in which you could join your girl with another man because, for me, either it's exciting and you join or masturbate or you can't stand it and leave her (for him :p). I've never understood the middle path ("I'm not sure" or "everything will go back to before") with so much anger and no choice as a player.

Cheating and jealousy can reveal feelings kept hidden (positive or negative), making the relationship more clear.
But I think a relationship like Nina and Mike is the best.
Sry maybe I didn't make my point clear:
NTR doesn't hold meaning for homosexual: so you are jerking off watching other's fucking, ain't that quite common actions in orgy / threesome? What's the big deal :p ?
For a straight guy, as you're totally not interested in the man, you just enjoy your girl being fucked with mixed feelings.
That's the reason IMO you never find a gay porn game with NTR, cuz this fetish doesn't exist here.

Cheating is a tough nut to crack, as for men, more don't necessarily think fuck = relationship, commitment won't be ruined by fucking around - especially for porn. As the terms are loose, definitions vary, it's quite difficult to create interesting plots around it - you probably more interested in taking them all in for a harem :LOL:

Jealousy on the other hand is different, it can create dynamic interactions, interesting game mechanics, some rivalry like Oliz82 mentioned earlier, or my favourite - Jealousy drive heated fuck / punishment fuck (sorry to be a degenerated ;)).
As Jealousy is quite common emotion, what matters is how you deal with it.
And Rafster mentioned he already has something in mind? I'm interested to see it.:p

• Red Heart
Reactions: Oliz82 and Rafster

usernoro

Jul 22, 2021
I had to look up NTR lol, I don't really watch anime. It's not a theme that would offend me, but it doesn't really hold any appeal either. I'm perfectly happy with a game that focuses on a budding romance between two characters *or* a game where you slut around. It doesn't bother me if a game locks me into a romance and doesn't let me be a slut if that's what the game is about.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
It doesn't bother me if a game locks me into a romance and doesn't let me be a slut if that's what the game is about.
That won't happen... what is the use of a NSFW sex game that locks you on having sex with only one person and no one else? I thought of that but it won't be fun at all. It's true, I lock the players on one romance, but that won't stop you from having fun everywhere else :devilish: . Ryan is a total slut and he knows it :sneaky:

Time to report: Level 3 first day job completed. I also updated the JCS gym section, and added a second challenge with Brian. If you win you'll have an additional sex encounter with him. Right now, I'm working with Louie's section, and adding a new challenge just like Brian.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I can't get it to work on mobile. Is something wrong?
The only way I managed to play it on android, was using joiplay. use an app to open .rar files (rar app on the store works). Note where you unrar the files, then go to joiplay and tell it where the .html file is to play it. Or at least it worked for me on the android emulator.

On the next update, I'll see if I can get an online version to be more easy to play.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Hmmm, guys, I've been playing the game from the beginning these last two days... and the bug that nackedsnake found is really nasty, so here is a hotfix. It's just the Index.html file, so just replace the old and that's it. I'll be uploading the 0.18c full file tomorrow. But you can play with it in advance

Here is the 0.18c patch notes:

Update 0.18c: 03/21/2022

HotFix
Just a hotfix to fix a critical error. The cheat password is the same as the 0.18 version (Go and look on the 0.18 notes).

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a nasty bug that happens when you reach the requirement for a promotion on JCS Level 2 but you want to talk to dalton. Whenever you talk to dalton, it showed a screen saying "Level 3 not implemented yet" and didn't allow anything else. Now this won't happen again.
  • There are warnings whenever a romance starts (Dalton or Garrett as of this update) and the players now will know that if you initiate a romance with one person, the game will lock out the others.
0.18c HTML File:
0.18c Full file: ,

As far as the weekly report, I have the second challenge and extra scene of Brian ready, and I also have an extra challenge + extra sex scene with Louie on level 3. Now I'll start working on dalton's section, I guess it will take a week or two since I have to consider his romance now. I'll kepp you posted.

Well, that's it. Back to the cave.

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Time for the weekly report.

I'm still working on Dalton's section. Since this is the last level of JCS, the performance and skill suggestion choices are out, so along with the usual talk, and the sex chance, for those romancing Dalton I added the option to take him to a date on two different places, one of them being a new place, with a brand new sex sequence. Tomorrow I'm starting the optional mission for this level.

After that, I'll begin the daily jobs on lvl 3. Damn, so much to do :sleep:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Damn, I forgot the weekly update:

The optional missions were harder to do than I thought at first. The plan is to make available the lvl2 ones on lvl3, and add a new one. The thing I didn't account for, is how much the lvl2 scenes change due to events on lvl2. I had to rewrite almost from zero the initial part of the missions, and the ending. Hell, even the sex part I had to add and modify some dialogs to match the new script.

I have ready and tested the new lvl 3 version of the old lvl2 Dom optional mission, and I'm still writing the new sub lvl3 version. I'm starting ASAP the new one as soon as I end this one.

I didn't had too much time to work on the game last week, but I'm determined to pull this update off, it's important. So, time to get my ass back to VS Code and keep writing stuff. I'll keep you posted.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes