HTML [Dev Log] Grizzly Grove [Gay][v 0.18e]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Original post finally updated. I need a favor guys, please check the tag list on the first post and if you feel I'm missing one tag, please tell me, I tried to list every tag possible as of this update but I may forget some. This will make my job easier when I finally publish the game here.

EDIT: FUCK, I just realized the game have 1 year already since I started to do the disclaimer screen and began to learn twine. Time fly, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: greenray

greenray

Nov 21, 2018
Finished the passage of "Garrett's Epilogue: Road to the Belt". What a sad story. I definitely didn't expect this. There won't be a happy ending? So much effort to pay with your ass for someone else's happiness...
What a monster you are! :p
What I didn't like: random (skills, battle) is very depressing.
Thumbs up! Great start. I'm looking forward to more opportunities and new places in the city.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Thumbs up! Great start. I'm looking forward to more opportunities and new places in the city.
And there will be! the next updates will be completely focused on JCS, and Dalton's romance. I'll try to not be as twisted as I went on Garrett's epilogue, but no promises on that regard :p . I'm NOT going to leave that storyline incomplete. One thing I hate are unfinished storylines.

And yeah, maybe I went I little too far with the random factor on the battles. But hey, you can get better odds if your skills have a +10 advantage against the skill of your opponent. Of course, that doesn't always work :devilish: , and somehow the rng on twine seems to hate the player (kinda reminds me the xcom series and their fabled 95% success chance :ROFLMAO: ).

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.:love:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: greenray

greenray

Nov 21, 2018
I'll try to not be as twisted as I went on Garrett's epilogue, but no promises on that regard
I noticed something terrible there: s...si..siss... No, no, no, I can't say it!

Do not ignore the female characters, so the game will be more ... "alive". Even if they only say hello-bye! Nina is cool. Maybe we can save a couple of ladies from a gang of annoying sissy maniacs stealing their Prada handbags

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I noticed something terrible there: s...si..siss... No, no, no, I can't say it!
Did you see that part?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:devilish:

Do not ignore the female characters, so the game will be more ... "alive". Even if they only say hello-bye! Nina is cool. Maybe we can save a couple of ladies from a gang of annoying sissy maniacs stealing their Prada handbags
Yup, that's something I'm working on. for JCS, I'm planning to expand a bit Helen (the one that gives you the jobs) and Tom's wife, Vera. In the future, we'll also have a whole storyline where the MC's mother, Elena, will be one of the center characters. I'll be also adding more ladies to the cast.

Nina was my first serious attempt on writing a female character...somehow I fear I made her too...manly. I'll try to improve that in the future.

By the way YOU are evil. Prada handbags are sacred :mad:

greenray

Nov 21, 2018
Did you see that part?
Only victories. I got a little confused with the options after getting super strength. I didn't realize that I needed to stay with Garrett for a romantic relationship. I will definitely try out all the options.

I'm not evil. I am like the ether - the concentration of all things.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Only victories. I got a little confused with the options after getting super strength. I didn't realize that I needed to stay with Garrett for a romantic relationship. I will definitely try out all the options.

I'm not evil. I am like the ether - the concentration of all things.
When I said final battle, it is

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Use the cheat screen to lower your stats before the battle, one thing I didn't consider was that people at that point has very high stats. I'll have to re-balance that fight sometime.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Someone asked on discord, and I thought I would share here as well.

Where we'll go from here?

The next updates will be completely focused on JCS and Dalton's romance storylines. No extra locations yet, or going sideways to other storylines like I did with the gym. I don't like to have unfinished storylines, so I won't stop until that gets done.

Namely the very first update will be totally focused to the level 2, VIP Cleaner. You'll have your own new assistant (I'm not telling who he is...yet) and undertake new jobs and revisit most of the old clients too. At the end, and depending on some choices on the way, Dalton's romance will be open.

And in the update after that, will be about JCS's final level and the ending of Dalton's romance (no, I'm not planning a long ass dramatic epilogue for Dalton as I did with Garrett...because there will be enough content to keep you hooked to the very end). I'm not going to give dates yet, but the official launch here will happen when I finish the JCS storyline, along with my patreon. And things will get even more interesting from there.

As of what I'm doing right now I'm re-doing the promotion event to level 2, and fixing the receive-call function of the smartphone. Heh, it looks ugly as fuck as it is now.

So there it is, back to the cave.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Well, time to give my report about what is ready and what I'm doing:

The promotion event to level 2 is done, along with the nasty receive-call function of the smartphone which was bugged to hell. Now it's finally a proper scene. It's also ready the first day as a VIP cleaner. It's a rather long scene, involving your assistant's introduction and the first job.

Right now I'm rewriting the grinding sections of JCS (Dalton's office, JCS gym and maintenance team) to recognize your new job level. The plan is to have a shitload of job scenes (at least more than level 1) and 2 special jobs/missions which will be key to advance further on the job/dalton's romance. When these are done the next update will come.

Heh, I intend to improve my communication here...that radio silence I had on november was weird as fuck, I'm not doing that again.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I finally managed to take some time to try the new update and it was a good surprise.

The different buttons for open/closed locations and the highlight on the location you're currently at is a good find.

The major interest of this update : the brawler's pit.
At first, I found it difficult to go to the gym at the right time and to have enough energy when we have a match (since it costs 90). So, I had no choice but to adapt (and most of the time skip...).
The bet section is easy to understand, though I'm amazed to see Wade wining most of the time.
I would have been interested in a spectator mode where you watch the match and talk about it with Garrett or the fighters themselves (like "how the fuck I lost against that newbie of Wade") while drinking a beer. Well that's just a thought I had (you bet or you leave felt something was lacking).
You edited the first day to present the owner (a jerk until he comes back to his senses) but Mike and Nina weren't there anymore (or I did something wrong).
The battle system was also easy to understand, though the luck was annoying sometimes (like you're forced to lose your first match with an idiot you can already destroy in the mall...). The more problematic one was with Garrett (with the same choices, you don't have the same results and it takes many times to win this one...). It should affect the health system you've planned and I hope it won't make things more difficult for you later.
The coaching is good, the dialogs during the matches were amusing (but the world pig was too much, especially during the match with Nina "all men are pigs").
The gains during those matches need to be more balanced (+20 attitude, +20 relationship with Garrett seems too much, maybe others but these were the more shocking).
I don't think the tutorial and the brawler pit discussion should appear more than one time (I thought the same when we ask Mr Jhonson tips to improve and our current level).
The rewards with every participant (good characters, specially Nina) were well chosen, even the fisting I don't like (the drinking piss though was...).
You've moved the gym stall outside the random events. At first, I thought it would impoverish the rotation but it seems I was wrong.
Garrett with a progressive relationship NPC. On my first playthrough, I was sad since you did the same as Clay but with someone more important. Then I discovered the romance path (a little upset since it's directly 100, I would have prefered some level for the seduction) and it was rather cute. I tried the epilogue but after having sex with Fred, I stopped, too afraid of destroying their relationship.

I discovered the attitude system since it didn't matter before. And I'm glad that the dominant path wasn't a violent jerk but someone more confident in what he wants with some extreme words but not to the point of being evil. In all honesty, I prefer staying neutral and becoming dom/sub depending on the situation but it's not always working like that.

The balance between the skills is better. The only problem seems the kink sex skills.

1640283282940.png
Too much fighting skill gain here.
1640283681745.png
Too much perversion gain here. + "let's get the fuck out of here before anyone finds us" (the second "here" seems useless to me).

I found an error during Mike sex scene (cf files).

Good continuation.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I finally managed to take some time to try the new update and it was a good surprise.
Thank you for the feedback Oliz82 . I thought you didn't like this update...this was a really strange one, the next ones won't be like this one. The content I put...was kind of more kinky, and the epilogue can get too dark, so it's not for everyone and I can understand that.

You edited the first day to present the owner (a jerk until he comes back to his senses) but Mike and Nina weren't there anymore (or I did something wrong).
Now you're the second person that mention this, but I had checked the code many times, and I can't find a way to trigger this bug. Nina and Mike's introduction is literally the first one, even before Lazarus on the fighter's wing first day. It should be right before the first link on the first day sequence (more especifically: before the "» You keep walking into the fighting section" link). If it happens again please take a screenshot, or better yet, send me a savegame please. I want to catch and smash this bug.

The battle system was also easy to understand, though the luck was annoying sometimes (like you're forced to lose your first match with an idiot you can already destroy in the mall...). The more problematic one was with Garrett (with the same choices, you don't have the same results and it takes many times to win this one...). It should affect the health system you've planned and I hope it won't make things more difficult for you later.
Yeah, I made Garrett (and Nina's) battles harder on purpose, but it seems I overdid it a little. I'm thinking on tweaking a little the numbers. Right now is a 50/50 chance of success if you pass the skill check, and 80/20 when your skill is +10 over the opponent's. I'm thinking on 60/40, and 90/10 for the next update.

The coaching is good, the dialogs during the matches were amusing (but the world pig was too much, especially during the match with Nina "all men are pigs").
Heh, yeah, the intention is to do the dialogues during the battles way over the top and exaggerated. In fact, JCS level 2 will feature a couple of battles too.

The gains during those matches need to be more balanced (+20 attitude, +20 relationship with Garrett seems too much, maybe others but these were the more shocking).
Yeah, it was a bit over the top, but I thought it would be needed if people wanted the option to start the romance

I don't think the tutorial and the brawler pit discussion should appear more than one time (I thought the same when we ask Mr Jhonson tips to improve and our current level).
That's one thing I've been thinking over and over. They should appear one time...but what if players want to do it again just to make sure they didn't forgot something? that's why I keep those options open. But I don't have a clear answer to that yet.

The rewards with every participant (good characters, specially Nina) were well chosen, even the fisting I don't like (the drinking piss though was...).
Yeah, and some of the sex kinks on the epilogue are even more weird. Remember you don't need to watch them, at least the non-vanilla ones- that's one thing I have always present on this game's main design. But thank you for trying them...I really appreciate when people reads them. I usually assume that the players will skip them.

Garrett with a progressive relationship NPC. On my first playthrough, I was sad since you did the same as Clay but with someone more important. Then I discovered the romance path (a little upset since it's directly 100, I would have prefered some level for the seduction) and it was rather cute. I tried the epilogue but after having sex with Fred, I stopped, too afraid of destroying their relationship.
I know, I did Garrett's romance a bit rough, it doesn't have the slow progression that I have planned for others, like Dalton or Mack. To be honest, just like the battles, I wasn't intending to release Garrett's romance on this update...but everytime I write one his dialogues, I was falling in love with the character...to the point I decided to do the romance path...and that lead to the sick and pervert epilogue, which was originally just 2 screens with a "they lived happily ever" ending..but I went nuts on that one, and got really dark.

By the way, keep going with the epilogue. It's true that Garrett is against you dealing with the UFC bastards...but it's the only way to make him advance on his career, just like Mike does with Nina. Give it a try, you might be surprised (for the best or worst) later.

I discovered the attitude system since it didn't matter before. And I'm glad that the dominant path wasn't a violent jerk but someone more confident in what he wants with some extreme words but not to the point of being evil. In all honesty, I prefer staying neutral and becoming dom/sub depending on the situation but it's not always working like that.
I'm glad you like it, that's exactly my dom definition for the MC. Not to be a psychopath character, just an annoying and bossy man. I'm aware that for now besides the flavor text and NPCs reactions, the attitude doesn't impact on the game as much as I like. I'm working on that.

Too much perversion gain here. + "let's get the fuck out of here before anyone finds us" (the second "here" seems useless to me).
Sigh, the random sex bonus gain function is doing it again...I should eliminate from the code altogether.

I found an error during Mike sex scene (cf files).
Yeah, I'm aware that Mike's scenes on the gym are broken right now. I fixed them a few days ago..but I won't be able to release an update soon. If I do, the content I have for JCS level 2 would come and mess everything :ROFLMAO: . But rest assured, I fixed them. By the way, Mike have some content on the epilogue. Try to see him. Mike seems like a wuss on the bear fist tournament, but I loved writing him on the epilogue.

Good continuation.
I'm so glad you liked it :love:

And yeah, weekly update: I have ready the grinding sections on the job, and I'm working on a big special mission from Dalton (you remember that I mentioned that he could give special missions? he'll have one at level 2). I won't spoil it, but it will lead you to two lengthy scenes, which will affect your attitude, a lot, on either side. With some new kink parts I haven't included before (yup, lots of sex on that mission). I'm starting the first jobs and the first mandatory mission on level 2 soon.

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thank you for the feedback Oliz82 . I thought you didn't like this update...this was a really strange one, the next ones won't be like this one. The content I put...was kind of more kinky, and the epilogue can get too dark, so it's not for everyone and I can understand that.
You'll have to do worse than that for me not to like what you do. Plus, there's always something good even if it's not my taste. The other way around is also true. Though, I'm only one of your players so don't let it bother you too much if it were to happen. I'm just glad I can be a little helpful for your project, contrary to IRL.

Now you're the second person that mention this, but I had checked the code many times, and I can't find a way to trigger this bug. Nina and Mike's introduction is literally the first one, even before Lazarus on the fighter's wing first day. It should be right before the first link on the first day sequence (more especifically: before the "» You keep walking into the fighting section" link). If it happens again please take a screenshot, or better yet, send me a savegame please. I want to catch and smash this bug.
Well, what can I say. I bought the lifetime pass, visited the gym part first, then proceeded with the fighting area and the first person I encountered was Lazarus. I tried again and they were present so I don't know what to say.

Heh, yeah, the intention is to do the dialogues during the battles way over the top and exaggerated. In fact, JCS level 2 will feature a couple of battles too.
Cool, I was afraid that the fighting skill would become useless once the competition was completed.

Yeah, it was a bit over the top, but I thought it would be needed if people wanted the option to start the romance
Well, to start the romance, you need to win all the battles before Mike and learn your ultimate move. And everything can take more than one try. Plus, you can gain some when training with Garrett too.

That's one thing I've been thinking over and over. They should appear one time...but what if players want to do it again just to make sure they didn't forgot something? that's why I keep those options open. But I don't have a clear answer to that yet.
I thought about it too and you can make something like "Let's train, Garrett" and "Do other things/ask something else" (2 options and the second one include all that) or "Look for Garrett to help you train" and another one like "Spend some time with Garrett/Ask Garrett more questions". That's just the general idea and you can even add more things outside training with Garrett.

Yeah, and some of the sex kinks on the epilogue are even more weird. Remember you don't need to watch them, at least the non-vanilla ones- that's one thing I have always present on this game's main design. But thank you for trying them...I really appreciate when people reads them. I usually assume that the players will skip them.
Well, you've included stats for kink sex so for someone like me that like to do his best at increasing his stats little by little without cheating in a game that include them, there's not much choice since they are rare.

I know, I did Garrett's romance a bit rough, it doesn't have the slow progression that I have planned for others, like Dalton or Mack. To be honest, just like the battles, I wasn't intending to release Garrett's romance on this update...but everytime I write one his dialogues, I was falling in love with the character...to the point I decided to do the romance path...and that lead to the sick and pervert epilogue, which was originally just 2 screens with a "they lived happily ever" ending..but I went nuts on that one, and got really dark.

By the way, keep going with the epilogue. It's true that Garrett is against you dealing with the UFC bastards...but it's the only way to make him advance on his career, just like Mike does with Nina. Give it a try, you might be surprised (for the best or worst) later.

Yeah, I'm aware that Mike's scenes on the gym are broken right now. I fixed them a few days ago..but I won't be able to release an update soon. If I do, the content I have for JCS level 2 would come and mess everything :ROFLMAO: . But rest assured, I fixed them. By the way, Mike have some content on the epilogue. Try to see him. Mike seems like a wuss on the bear fist tournament, but I loved writing him on the epilogue.
Well, I'm not ready yet to risk the separation of the couple since there are 2 possibilities.

I forgot to say it last time but the bouncer should only verify your lifetime pass the first time you want to have access to the brawler's pit like the bartender when he explains how the bets are made.
1640748583023.png
Also, during the first day of work, Fred talk about not being present for the interview "yesterday" but, on my playthrough, it was Friday so it was wrong with weekend in the middle.

Good continuation.

usernoro

Jul 22, 2021
I'm so glad you're still going strong on this game, Rafster! I absolutely loved the first release of the game and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the last update, which I'm just now getting around to.

So it has a dark ending? Interesting! I can't wait.

• Red Heart

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
So it has a dark ending? Interesting! I can't wait
Yup, on Garrett's epilogue if you romanced him. It have 2 different endings. Once you get one, you can see the walkthrough to know how to get the other.

Also, I forgot to post the weekly progress:

This week has been a slow week, I'm still stuck on the first job on JCS lvl 2, because the characters there appear on the gym storyline, so their dialogues should change, or at least reflect what's going on if the gym storyline was started or not. It transformed a single easy job, into a multi-ended job with lots of dialogues...geez. But well, I guess I'll finish it today, or tomorrow at most.

Reactions: usernoro and Oliz82

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
About yesterday, I requested tags for the game, until I got a notification saying my request was rejected.
Oh, maybe they rejected it because this is a dev thread, on the programming section of F95, and I guess the usual tag list does not apply on threads like these. The game still needs more updates before it goes live officially on F95, but I'm working hard on it. I estimate two or three months and it will be ready.

Anyway, I put a list of tags on the original post, if you feel something is missing please tell me. That tag list will be the tags I'll request when I finally launch the game here. That's why I haven't asked you yet to add it to your list, the game isn't officially on the game section. But once It does, I'll tell you on your Gay Protagonist thread

EDIT: Yeah, I tried to edit the tags, and the only tags available are the engine ones (I only put HTML) and the completition ones (on hold, completed, etc...) so yeah, it cannot have tags yet until I release it :confused:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes