HTML [Dev Log] Grizzly Grove [Gay][v 0.18e]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Hey guys. Time to report in. The update is coming along nicely, and of course the game is not dead. Here's what I have:

• Reworked the chances on fights, it went from 50/50 to 60/40 , and also the rolls and effects will be shown to the player
  • Fixed the receive call function of the smartphone. It will start the promotion scene of JCS level 1
  • Finished the promotion scene from JCS level 1
  • Finished the first day intro and job from JCS level 2
  • Finished the optional mission from dalton on level 2. It will lead to 2 VERY DIFFERENT and long BDSM sex scenes. Choose wisely, it's almost like 2 different missions and they impact on your attitude
  • Finished 3 of the daily jobs of level 2. They all have sex scenes if you meet the requirements on each one

The plan is to have 3 more daily missions (I'm going to start the fourth one today) and 3 main level 2 missions. If you play it right, the romance with Dalton will start after these 3 missions (and will be the start of the final level on JCS). I don't have yet a date for the next update, but my guess is february at most.

Well, that's it, back to the cave.

usernoro

Jul 22, 2021
Hey, Rafster! Wanted to let you know I played through the current build all the way through to Garret's romantic ending (submissive main character version). It was awesome! You sure were right to put all the warning labels on it, because that was some pretty intense and dark stuff but I appreciated how much heart you put into it. I wound up loving the gym characters so much. And especially congratulations on writing Nina - I know it's not easy for us gay guys to write female characters. She's an awesome character and you did a fantastic job with her.

Now get cracking because I want to romance Daddy Dalton already!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Can't wait to play it. Thanks a lot!!!!
I'm so glad you like it :)

Hey, Rafster! Wanted to let you know I played through the current build all the way through to Garret's romantic ending (submissive main character version). It was awesome! You sure were right to put all the warning labels on it, because that was some pretty intense and dark stuff but I appreciated how much heart you put into it. I wound up loving the gym characters so much. And especially congratulations on writing Nina - I know it's not easy for us gay guys to write female characters. She's an awesome character and you did a fantastic job with her.

Now get cracking because I want to romance Daddy Dalton already!
Thank you for your kind words. I'm actually surprised she's so well received...given how much I suck at writing :ROFLMAO: . I have planned some female antagonists, and there's still the conflict with the MC's mother, which I haven't started yet. But yeah, it's extra hard for me to write female characters. Heh, Nina herself sometimes behave like a man :LOL:

As for how I'm doing...I've been sick the whole week, however I managed to complete the fourth daily job, and the first main mission of level 2. Tomorrow I'll be starting the second main mission..or how I call it, "the shit hit the fan" mission :ROFLMAO: . I'm having a blast writing this shit, I love it :love:

So, there is only two more daily jobs and two more main missions to have the content for level 2 I had planned.

There is another thing I want to comment: On the future, I have planned a trans men Love interest, so don't be surprised if along the road you see the [vag sex] and [futa/trans] tags later this year. So, I'm including it into the list of planned tags. Of course, he will come really, really later and there are many LIs I have planned first, so it's not immediate.

Well, back to the cave

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Main mission 2 of JCS level 2 finished. It ended being a bit more complex than I had planned on the beginning, And I'm testing it right now. It's the beginning of Dalton's romance, provided you did it right on mission 1.

Now I have to do the last main mission of level 2, where you consolidate the romance with Dalton, and two extra daily missions, and a preview of the promotion scene (not complete though) to level 3 to have the next update rolling.

I apologize for being slow the last two weeks, but I was sick. Time to hurry my ass up with this, I can't wait to get this update up. So, back to the cave.

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Time to report, sorry I didn't earlier, but I've been working the whole week on the last mission on level 2 (the third mission). I had to re-write it like 3 times...and I'm still changing things on it :ROFLMAO: . The worse part is, that mission is straightforward, unlike the weird mechanics I used on the prior mission. But I think it's over now. This mission is the start of dalton's romance, so I wanted it to be at least decent.

Today I'll begin the first of the last two daily missions and part of the promotion scene, wish me good luck. After that, the next update will roll.

That's it, back to the cave

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Time for the weekly report. Things that were done this week:
  • The last two level 2 daily missions are done. I had to spend one or two days on the last one, because, as always, I went overboard on it. My ramblings knows no limits.
  • A new disclaimer screen as soon as you boot the game. It's a little more bothersome since you have to accept it, but I had to separate it from the Main screen.
  • The main screen got some changes. Added a thank you paragraph for everyone who helped during this very first year. This game wouldn't be like this if it weren't for you guys. Also, the changelog was moved to the upper part of the left menu, in a button, alongside with the version number.
  • Added a discord button on the menu, so you have another way to reach to me
I hope everything goes well this time. I changed a lot of shit under the hood since I changed from Twine to Tweego (with VS Code). Let's hope that the game doesn't explode when you run it :ROFLMAO:

Now the only thing I'm missing is the level 2 promotion scene preview, and that's it. The projected date for the next update is next week. Content wise, this update is not as big as the last one, but it's because I had to split in half with the last one or you'll be starved from updates until March or April, and I can't have it.

Well, that's it, back to work in the cave.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I hope everything goes well this time. I changed a lot of shit under the hood since I changed from Twine to Tweego (with VS Code). Let's hope that the game doesn't explode when you run it :ROFLMAO:
I have also moved to Tweego but didn't have to change any code because of it. Or were your changes unrelated to the move?

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I have also moved to Tweego but didn't have to change any code because of it. Or were your changes unrelated to the move?
I had one passage where I had all my custom macros on twine...when I finally separated all the passages on different .tw files, somehow, tweego gave me an error on the passage where I had them, it didn't recognize a single one of my custom macros. I ended putting them on a .js file and my game finally started to work again. Don't ask me how, probably awful programming on my part.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I had one passage where I had all my custom macros on twine...when I finally separated all the passages on different .tw files, somehow, tweego gave me an error on the passage where I had them, it didn't recognize a single one of my custom macros. I ended putting them on a .js file and my game finally started to work again. Don't ask me how, probably awful programming on my part.
Hmm, well, macros are javascript, so I don't see how you could have them in a passage unless you wrapped them inside a widget and <<script>> or something? In any case, I had a passage only containing a <<script>> which turned into a working .tw file, so that alone shouldn't have been a problem.

I don't remember if Twine's javascript section ended up in a .js of its own or if I had to change it manually to a .js, but I already had all my macros in the javascript section, so no problem there.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Hmm, well, macros are javascript, so I don't see how you could have them in a passage unless you wrapped them inside a widget and <<script>> or something? In any case, I had a passage only containing a <<script>> which turned into a working .tw file, so that alone shouldn't have been a problem.

I don't remember if Twine's javascript section ended up in a .js of its own or if I had to change it manually to a .js, but I already had all my macros in the javascript section, so no problem there.
Precisely, I didn't want to have them all crampled together on the javascript section, so, in my bizarre mind, I decide I wanted them on a separate passage, with a single <<script>><</script>>. I used a <<include>> on storyinit to have it running.

I know, a disaster, but somehow that worked for months, until I made the move to tweego and at the end, it ended being better. In my old twine version, sometimes If I clicked fast the start game link on my start passage, it didn't load all the macros and crashed the game. Now I don't have that error anymore.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Precisely, I didn't want to have them all crampled together on the javascript section, so, in my bizarre mind, I decide I wanted them on a separate passage, with a single <<script>><</script>>. I used a <<include>> on storyinit to have it running.

I know, a disaster, but somehow that worked for months, until I made the move to tweego and at the end, it ended being better. In my old twine version, sometimes If I clicked fast the start game link on my start passage, it didn't load all the macros and crashed the game. Now I don't have that error anymore.
I get the thought. It was a great feeling to be able to split up the js section into however many .js files I want to make it more managable.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
This last conversation killed the mere idea that could have been born of me wanting to make a game myself (I think I spent too much time on F95 lately...). I better come back to being a player, though I'm not always sure I'm useful.

Good continuation.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
This last conversation killed the mere idea that could have been born of me wanting to make a game myself (I think I spent too much time on F95 lately...). I better come back to being a player, though I'm not always sure I'm useful.

Good continuation.
Hey, if you really want to, you can always try Twine. On its basic form, you can do a CHYOA text game without any programming knowledge. Now if you want something more complex...yeah, you have to deal with HTML+JavaScript (JS)+CSS and it's a pain.

But don't be discouraged by the technical conversations, games like mine are bad examples. Sandboxes are very complex beasts.

Oh and by the way, the next update will be rolling tomorrow, or wednesday at most. Right now, I'm correcting some bugs (thanks randiel for finding them) and doing the help section.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
It's time

Update 0.18: Finally wearing the jockstrap

Hello guys! This update is all about jockstraps. Yes, it's dedicated totally to the level 2 of the JCS storyline: VIP Cleaner! Here you'll meet your new assistant, Luke, and tackle old and new clients, and of course, lots of sex along the way. It also the start of Dalton's romance if you make the correct choices along the way here.

Changelog
  • Changed the .html file name to Index.html. So, if you replace the contents of the .rar, make sure to delete the old Grizzly Grove.html file, and use the new Index.html file instead
  • Added a new disclaimer screen
  • Added the changelog button and version number over the Saves button on the left bar
  • Added a Thank you section on the main screen
  • Added a Discord button (it was about time!)
  • Now the turns on fights are counted backwards. For example, if it's a 3-turn fight, the turn count will start at 3 and decrease each round. Turn 1 will be the last round of the battle
  • Improved the chances of success on fights. Before you had a 50/50 chance of hitting the opponents (unless your stat is +10 against the opponent. In that case it was 80/20). Now it's raised to 60/40, giving you more chance on the final fights of the bear fist tournament
  • On fights, If you pass the skill check on each round, the game will show you your roll, and the values for success/failure.
  • Added the promotion event to JCS Level 2.
  • Added the first day job as VIP cleaner, also introduced Luke, your new assistant, as a new character which can be befriended. It's vital to have him at 100 friendship if you plan to persue Dalton's romance
  • Modified the daily activities at JCS lvl 2, Dalton now have a one time special mission where you can raise/lower your attitude by a great amount. And it have double reward if you do it at expense of having your attitude shift towards the opposite (for example, if you the dom job while being sub, or if you take the sub job while being a dom). Not only that, the job's dialogue content change a lot if you do this, so it's worth checking out. You can get it randomly by visiting him on his office
  • Regular jobs at JCS Level 2:
  • Regular house cleaning at Thompson's household. Nina and Mike will be your clients, and if you managed to beat Nina on the tournament, you can have sex with Mike
  • The Wrights job. Yeah, the Wrigths are back, and now besides Dale, you'll finally meet his husband Larry, with chance to have sex with either one. Not both...yet
  • Return to Callister. Yeah, our favorite cheater is back, and you can bang him. But there is a twist on that...
  • The Keaton job. You'll work again for the lovely Jeane, but this time you'll be attended by someone else there. Of course, there is a sex chance here too
  • Back to the Jones. Ol' good Mark Jones is back too, and he'll left you and your assistant alone, giving you time to have some fun with him if you have enough friendship points
  • Bear Claw Shopping Mall round 2. Here, you'll get the chance to have a threesome of Howard, Luke and you. But You'll have to fight your way to this, and have some friendship with Luke. Hey, I wasn't going to give away a threesome so easily!
  • Story missions at JCS Level 2. These missions are a requirement for the promotion, and it's where you can raise Luke's friendship and start Dalton's romance. There are 3 in total, and are triggered at 30, 60 and 80 work progress through level 2. They are rather long but I hope you like them
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the "Return to Main screen" links. Now thay properly reset the game and send you to the main screen
  • Fixed Roy's sex encounter at the muscle section of the gym. It was showing oral top when it was supposed to be anal top.
  • Now the player relationships shows only the romace point counter to the characters that can be romanced. The rest will only show the friendship points. As of this update, only Garrett and Dalton can be romanced.
  • Fixed Dalton's call when you reach the promotion requirements
Download links:

Last edited:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
It's time

Update 0.18: Finally wearing the jockstrap

Hello guys! This update is all about jockstraps. Yes, it's dedicated totally to the level 2 of the JCS storyline: VIP Cleaner! Here you'll meet your new assistant, Luke, and tackle old and new clients, and of course, lots of sex along the way. It also the start of Dalton's romance if you make the correct choices along the way here.

Changelog
  • Changed the .html file name to Index.html. So, if you replace the contents of the .rar, make sure to delete the old Grizzly Grove.html file, and use the new Index.html file instead
  • Added a new disclaimer screen
  • Added the changelog button and version number over the Saves button on the left bar
  • Added a Thank you section on the main screen
  • Added a Discord button (it was about time!)
  • Now the turns on fights are counted backwards. For example, if it's a 3-turn fight, the turn count will start at 3 and decrease each round. Turn 1 will be the last round of the battle
  • Improved the chances of success on fights. Before you had a 50/50 chance of hitting the opponents (unless your stat is +10 against the opponent. In that case it was 80/20). Now it's raised to 60/40, giving you more chance on the final fights of the bear fist tournament
  • On fights, If you pass the skill check on each round, the game will show you your roll, and the values for success/failure.
  • Added the promotion event to JCS Level 2.
  • Added the first day job as VIP cleaner, also introduced Luke, your new assistant, as a new character which can be befriended. It's vital to have him at 100 friendship if you plan to persue Dalton's romance
  • Modified the daily activities at JCS lvl 2, Dalton now have a one time special mission where you can raise/lower your attitude by a great amount. And it have double reward if you do it at expense of having your attitude shift towards the opposite (for example, if you the dom job while being sub, or if you take the sub job while being a dom). Not only that, the job's dialogue content change a lot if you do this, so it's worth checking out. You can get it randomly by visiting him on his office
  • Regular jobs at JCS Level 2:
  • Regular house cleaning at Thompson's household. Nina and Mike will be your clients, and if you managed to beat Nina on the tournament, you can have sex with Mike
  • The Wrights job. Yeah, the Wrigths are back, and now besides Dale, you'll finally meet his husband Larry, with chance to have sex with either one. Not both...yet
  • Return to Callister. Yeah, our favorite cheater is back, and you can bang him. But there is a twist on that...
  • The Keaton job. You'll work again for the lovely Jeane, but this time you'll be attended by someone else there. Of course, there is a sex chance here too
  • Back to the Jones. Ol' good Mark Jones is back too, and he'll left you and your assistant alone, giving you time to have some fun with him if you have enough friendship points
  • Bear Claw Shopping Mall round 2. Here, you'll get the chance to have a threesome of Howard, Luke and you. But You'll have to fight your way to this, and have some friendship with Luke. Hey, I wasn't going to give away a threesome so easily!
  • Story missions at JCS Level 2. These missions are a requirement for the promotion, and it's where you can raise Luke's friendship and start Dalton's romance. There are 3 in total, and are triggered at 30, 60 and 80 work progress through level 2. They are rather long but I hope you like them
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the "Return to Main screen" links. Now thay properly reset the game and send you to the main screen
  • Fixed Roy's sex encounter at the muscle section of the gym. It was showing oral top when it was supposed to be anal top.
  • Now the player relationships shows only the romace point counter to the characters that can be romanced. The rest will only show the friendship points. As of this update, only Garrett and Dalton can be romanced.
  • Fixed Dalton's call when you reach the promotion requirements
Download links:

Can't wait to play! :love:
Talking about UI, hav you consider to change how Cheat can be accessed? IIRC last version for a single Energy cheat you need to click so many menus, and type in the cheat code everytime, that's kinda counterintuitive for someone who wanna skip the grind. Maybe add some quicklinks.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Can't wait to play! :love:
Talking about UI, hav you consider to change how Cheat can be accessed? IIRC last version for a single Energy cheat you need to click so many menus, and type in the cheat code everytime, that's kinda counterintuitive for someone who wanna skip the grind. Maybe add some quicklinks.
I'll add to the things to do list. I thought of putting a cheat button on the left menu bar...but it would clutter the menu so I discarded the idea. But I'll consider it again. Maybe I'll replace the clothing button with it until I get the clothing system to work.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Well, just a quick hotfix update:

Update 0.18a: Hotfix

This is just a quick hotfix. The cheat password is the same as the 0.18 version.

Features:

• Eliminated the clothing button (which wasn't doing anything), and replaced it with a cheat button. You'll still need the cheat password though. Also, the cheat option was eliminated from the help screen.
  • On the cheat screen, 3 new cheats were added: One that replenish your energy directly to 100. And two other ones which undo whatever romance you may have. Use these with caution, it may break your save.

Bug Fixes:

• After winning the Bear Fist Tournament, Garret was still appearing on Brawler's pit, leading to a black screen. He won't appear there anymore.
The download links:

Last edited:

greenray

Nov 21, 2018
Bug Fixes:

• After winning the Bear Fist Tournament, Garret was still appearing on Brawler's pit, leading to a black screen. He won't appear there anymore.
This didn't happen during my game.
Greetings!

A small suggestion. Do something with repetitive scenes. Especially during training. It looks strange when the gym mates you already know tell you the same story. Maybe they'll just say: ready to get your ass kicked; protect your balls... I don't know, but replays of the first dialogue in the ring don't look good.
Keep it up!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes