VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Renpy doesn't like tab characters in script files (.rpy). I'll edit my text to make sure the forum software hasn't inserted any tabs, and if you're using a text editor, make sure it uses spaces instead of tabs. The lines I've listed above are not indented in the script file, so there shouldn't be any place for a tab character to be. If you just type in the line

$ sur = surNAME

after line 291, without ever hitting the tab key, it should work fine.
I added that, and still got this.
1616824266392.png

1616824453666.png

Edit: Ah, never mind, restarted from the beginning again, reentered everything, and went up to there using Skip. And yeah, must have been because of that save file, because it actually worked this time. Thank you, we had it, and I didn't know it.

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
This one has some pretty good potential. I do feel that the MC is yet another Mr. Perfect who can do no wrong, everyone loves, admires, and has the hots for, though. It makes the dialogue seem so fake and turns the MC and everyone around him into cardboard cutout personalities. The inner thought dialogues of characters were having me literally cringe pretty often. I'm already dreading the inevitable cliche encounter with Mr. Douchebag where the MC sternly tells him off and the girls fall in love with him even more and spend 15 minutes telling MC how great and wonderful he is (cough WVM, MNF)

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
T
Yeah so I notated this in the code, but since I haven't made any public comment about it, makes sense that people would still be concerned about this. So just to definitively clear this up, the _share variables are going to influence female/female content only, no NTR or sharing with other dudes. The closest you might get is a futa/female combo, with MC joining in with anal or something, but that's still a long ways off yet, and there'll obviously be clear options to opt in/out of futa content in the future.

While I'm here though, I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback on the update, despite my high confidence in 0.2's stability, there were a lot of bugs I could've easily avoided with more post-it notes. Anyway, all the major ones I've seen reported have been patched now, so anyone that downloads the builds from here on will have the patches applied. For everyone that's already downloaded it, I've attached the patched script file here, save you all re-downloading the whole update. Obviously, if anyone notices any further bugs, please do let me know, either by posting here or DMing me directly.

Thank you all again for your kind words and helpful feedback, I hope you look forward to more updates in the future!

Bones.
This should be in the op. Would have saved me 30 seconds looking :)

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
And just caught up with the Dev, and "MR.[surNAME]" bugs aside, because was able to fix it with a bit of work, fun two day added.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyways, had fun, thank you, and looking forward for more.

Reactions: Lokitox8

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Yeah so I notated this in the code, but since I haven't made any public comment about it, makes sense that people would still be concerned about this. So just to definitively clear this up, the _share variables are going to influence female/female content only, no NTR or sharing with other dudes. The closest you might get is a futa/female combo, with MC joining in with anal or something, but that's still a long ways off yet, and there'll obviously be clear options to opt in/out of futa content in the future.

While I'm here though, I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback on the update, despite my high confidence in 0.2's stability, there were a lot of bugs I could've easily avoided with more post-it notes. Anyway, all the major ones I've seen reported have been patched now, so anyone that downloads the builds from here on will have the patches applied. For everyone that's already downloaded it, I've attached the patched script file here, save you all re-downloading the whole update. Obviously, if anyone notices any further bugs, please do let me know, either by posting here or DMing me directly.

Thank you all again for your kind words and helpful feedback, I hope you look forward to more updates in the future!

Bones.
Thanks for answering that, I loved the update and the game so will add this to my list after that is clear now. (y)

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
First time playing it. I think the game has good potential, but I feel like the script could be tightened up some more. There are a lot of bloat in the dialogue. I appreciate the attempt to build characters, but the dialogue ended up feeling more convoluted than deep. Not everything needs to have 30-50 lines by each character involved in the conversation.

Reactions: doe50818

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
First time playing it. I think the game has good potential, but I feel like the script could be tightened up some more. There are a lot of bloat in the dialogue. I appreciate the attempt to build characters, but the dialogue ended up feeling more convoluted than deep. Not everything needs to have 30-50 lines by each character involved in the conversation.
This is exactly how I felt. Not every sentence needs to move the plot forward, but when you end up reading meaningless banter 60% of the time, it gets tiresome instead of enhancing immersion. All the british jargon doesn't help either, it gets a bit too much at times. HOWEVER I can not stress enough how much I loved just about everything else about this VN!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This one has some pretty good potential. I do feel that the MC is yet another Mr. Perfect who can do no wrong, everyone loves, admires, and has the hots for, though. It makes the dialogue seem so fake and turns the MC and everyone around him into cardboard cutout personalities. The inner thought dialogues of characters were having me literally cringe pretty often. I'm already dreading the inevitable cliche encounter with Mr. Douchebag where the MC sternly tells him off and the girls fall in love with him even more and spend 15 minutes telling MC how great and wonderful he is (cough WVM, MNF)
But, this game is tagged 'pov' [point-of-view] for total immersion. So, that's you who "can do no wrong, everyone loves, admires, and has the hots for". Does that not describe you perfectly? ;)

DeePee

Jul 1, 2018
god damn, this has got do be the most amazing writing ive encountered since Sindy Anna Jones :D
Loving it!

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
This update was pretty good.

I'm so sorry Suzy, but your competition is just too strong. Claire was already too gorgeous that she stopped the solo with Suzy but now this update there's Miss Buchardt and Liz. Especially Miss Buchardt, who i put right next to Claire. Suzy is still the cutest but man the temptation is too strong. All of this and the Aunt hasn't even arrived yet.

Competition promotes growth though! Well the growth in my pants so i don't think that'll help Suzy in the long run if more keeps getting added. Victor though is a real trip. Honestly, he's shaping up to be one of the best bros in these games. I don't think anyones going to top Steven from NMS for me but Victor may get up there if these moments continue.

After this update i can't wait to meet the Aunt. I wonder what she's like in person. I hope she's as free spirited and laid back as Claire made her out to be.

Feb 10, 2019
1. An incestrous relationship from the get-go, no messing around with building it up over time
2. Absolutely stunning models
3. Great humour, but not laid on too thick
4. Has been written in British English; talk of kettles, crisps, having tea (i.e. dinner) and skiving off school

I'm only a little way in but so far, SOLD :LUL:

Last edited:

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
wow, Claire aka mom, actually looks the right age and be hot for a 'middle' aged woman. and REALLY impressive is how you got Andie MacDowell to play her. hmm ... as a matter of point... Are You... Her?
Because this is some Fine Writtin and the models are adorable.... I Kaint Wait fer mMhOre ...!

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I decided to correct the "to be a [sur] or a [surNAME]?" dilemma with adding one $ sur = surNAME line just before the choice between library and bathhouse. My preferred choice would not lazy and keep using surNAME variable instead of copying it to a variable with a shorter name just to save typing four extra letters. :)

Mr B0NES You should lock in your variable naming scheme by 0.3 because it's still early and pretty easy to restart in order to clear all that clutter from the past. The definition on line 71 didn't work but I feel like you didn't even test it out before releasing the version 0.2 to the wild. I guess you assumed that all quoted strings go through similar process to all those prior define tea = Character("[teaNAME]", ...) lines. The difference is that Character function and quotes in scenes go through the engine but normal variable declaration quotes are just quotes.

If someone needs a fixed script.rpy that handles MC's last name okay for days 3 and 4, unzip this attachment to the game folder overwriting the original script.rpy and relaunch your game.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Some notes on the new characters we meet:
Victor - My kind of over the top, he feels like someone i would like to hang out with
Liz - Really like her so far, will be interesting to see how her crush develops, and i hope we can get her away from CeCe
CeCe - Victor is right i do not want my dick in that kind of crazy
Nadine - Not much to say so far, but her dynamic with her mother was really fun

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes