VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

aochung

May 4, 2017
Mr B0NES Do you think we can get straight to the MILF content and ignore this gremlin? ..., we all just want the MILF, no one wants the gremlin (little sis).

... I think people here are exhausted with the blue balling and the amount of time they have to wait for a decent game to hit all the right notes.
REGUser - While I appreciate you looking out for my interests, I'm afraid you have overstepped a bit. Also, I don't think that YOU have a solid grasp of what "we all just want" nor what "people here are exhausted with". I appreciate you sharing what I take to be "your" preferences and you should feel secure in sharing them, but please don't try to bully the creator with assumed support from the masses.

MrBones - I've enjoyed one playthrough so far and will go back to try a different route. I'm interested to see what variation my choices make. Please keep up the good work. I find many of the personalities to be fresh and interesting and am looking forward to more. thank you for sharing you vision.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Very good update, I am usually more into the milfs but Suzy is definitely my favorite in the game right now.

weissbrot

May 27, 2018
I don't get the hate for the sister. She's a breath of fresh air in a sea of innocent little sisters that need to be corrupted. She's also clearly the focal point of this game - if you absolutely cannot stand her why not move on to the next game instead of trying to bend the dev's story to your will?

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Very good so far. Actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Not going to lie, the harem tag definitely drew me in lol... but the story between the MC and the sister/roommate is kool.
Only issue I have seen was one error in the classroom, but ignore allowed it the game to continue. Also, the [SurName] bug. I thought maybe I messed up and didn't do it right, but went back and did it again and skipped to it and still wasn't calling the MC by the Surname I entered.

D

Deleted member 3194223

I don't get the hate for the sister. She's a breath of fresh air in a sea of innocent little sisters that need to be corrupted. She's also clearly the focal point of this game - if you absolutely cannot stand her why not move on to the next game instead of trying to bend the dev's story to your will?
Same, I like the idea that the little sister is pushing for the sexual relationship instead of the big brother having to lead her into it. That's why I said earlier I'd like to see how far she will go in terms of kinks. Maybe she is a pleasure/pain type who wants her hair pulled and ass smacked while being nailed. Maybe not! But I am interested in seeing it happen.

The mom is hot but the relationship is the typical "I saw his giant dick and now I need to find my desire". Too bad the mom isn't being forward and initiating with him too. Would be refreshing if the MC was the reluctant innocent and the mom, sister, and (eventually) aunt were the ones corrupting him.

sn3p

Nov 3, 2017
I just finished playing and I really liked the game.
I really enjoyed the scene with the MC and the mother where you made reference to the FFX game (one of my favorite games)(y)
I marked this game on my watch list

Reactions: The Daydreamer

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I really enjoyed the game. Nice speed. Little sis is very cute. Mom is a real MILF. I changed all the relationships in the code and enjoyed much more. Nan is a grandmother's name.

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
A great start on this. Aside from the surname bug, there was one that came up if you changed the default age for the sister, but "Ignore" allowed you to proceed. Bug seemed to happen when talking about incidents in the past, or any time the sister's age was mentioned, but this might be a conflict with the mod.

The female characters are hot and it is a veritable banquet of different ages and body types. I'm looking forward to the return of the aunt, but at current count we have what appears to be a double handful of romanceable characters outside the mother and sister which is approaching the limit for being able to give each of them a deep enough character to satisfy those of us who are interested in characterization.

Stay true to your vision developer, and don't be swayed by either the kink shamers or kink shoppers who appear on this board. You've laid out some pretty good parameters and given a good balance between young and old, thicc and thin, aggressive and reticent with an added soupcon of crazy. Our mc is a bit of a horndog, but that's fine, he doesn't seem to be a sociopathic asshat like a lot of protagonists in this genre. Don't be discouraged when the negative critics show up to try bullying you into providing/avoiding content based on their personal likes, you've built a strong base and most of us are looking forward to a long enjoyable run and a completed game.

Last edited:

Aooc

Oct 1, 2017
Great update! Love all the characters and the dirty talk from the sister was well done, Cant wait for some action from the Milf's / Mothers / Teachers.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
1.27 GB for a 0.1 version ... damn ... Let me guess - another Dev who doesnt know *.jpg or *.webp and uses instead the damn *.png files right from the render software ... imo so wrong - almost stupid! I always thought Game Dev´s must be really smart poeple because they can code - guess not. What a disappointment. (n)
If I´m wrong and it contains *.jpg/webp and its just a really huge content for a first release, please correct me because I would give this game a shot.
Most of it goes to endless,pointless conversations unfortunatelly

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Game have potential that's true,but if continue like this could last for years,because just few things happened to progress the story. I was hitting hard on space key just to get to some choice. And after playing ARTEMIS before this, my opinion definitelly could look harsh. I will see how next update will be to decide.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You all need to calm down the first release for this game was in February, and the dev doesn't have that many patrons yet so I doubt he is working on this full time. All things considered it was a good uptade with a fair amount of content.

Only4You

Feb 12, 2018
Mr B0NES , a small suggestion, Dev. Since you're holding a conversation among multiple people, and not focusing on a character while he/she's speaking, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's speaking what. Of course, focusing on a character while he/she speaks would mean a higher number of renders, but I think a simple fix could be adding an image/thumbnail of the character who's speaking beside the dialog - if you could do that.

Elasstommer

Aug 15, 2017
OK, looking through the comments, and it looks like I am not the only one who is wondering why MC kept getting called "MR.[surNAME]". I even tried restarting it from the beginning, went smoothly, up until the library scene, then poof, suddenly became "MR.[surNAME]" to everyone. Anyways, did day 3 tonight, I'll do day 4 tomorrow night, then we'll go from there.
In looking throught the code, the dev tried to have the variable sur become whatever is in the variable [surName] by a simple assignment at the beginning: default sur = "[surNAME]", but that just assigns that string to the variable sur. I've forgotten the way to make one variable reference another one in that fashion, but it's easy to fix it by adding the line

$ sur = surNAME

between line 291 and 293 in the file script.rpy that lives in the 'game' folder inside the overall folder for the Deviancy, like this:

B "Great, [MC] [surNAME]."

$ sur = surNAME

$ sur_done = 1

Elasstommer

Aug 15, 2017
I don't know if the dev reads this thread, but there's a code error in script.rpy at line 7886. The original reads

if sur_done = 0:

and it should read

if sur_done == 0:

It throws an exception that could be ignored unless you're using a save from 1.0, in which case the surNAME variable probably won't be defined and might throw an exception when it is referenced, particularly if you make it so the variable sur actually points to the variable surNAME (as in my previous post).

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
In looking throught the code, the dev tried to have the variable sur become whatever is in the variable [surName] by a simple assignment at the beginning: default sur = "[surNAME]", but that just assigns that string to the variable sur. I've forgotten the way to make one variable reference another one in that fashion, but it's easy to fix it by adding the line

$ sur = surNAME

between line 291 and 293 in the file script.rpy that lives in the 'game' folder inside the overall folder for the Deviancy, like this:

B "Great, [MC] [surNAME]."

$ sur = surNAME

$ sur_done = 1
```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 293: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Mar 26 21:25:37 2021
```
Didn't work. Or did something totally wrong.

Koushiro

Apr 18, 2019
Hey. I just wanted to say I've really enjoyed what I've played so far. There seems to be a lot of people on these boards that are playing games that may not be aimed towards their interests and then complaining that the game isn't aimed towards their interests, so I wanted to be sure there was some positive reinforcement here from someone who is enjoying the game for the story and the characters rather than just the adult content. There are plenty of games out there that jump into tons of sex within the first update, so I'm fine with this game taking its time to be the game the developer wants it to be.

The writing has been entertaining and I've laughed a surprising number of times. All of the characters so far have been pretty likeable and there's definitely a lot of good looking characters. I think having the preexisting relationship with the sister is a good way to handle the balance between adult content and making the relationships progress at a reasonable rate. I look forward to seeing this game continue to progress.

Elasstommer

Aug 15, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 293: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Mar 26 21:25:37 2021
```
Didn't work. Or did something totally wrong.
Renpy doesn't like tab characters in script files (.rpy). I'll edit my text to make sure the forum software hasn't inserted any tabs, and if you're using a text editor, make sure it uses spaces instead of tabs. The lines I've listed above are not indented in the script file, so there shouldn't be any place for a tab character to be. If you just type in the line

$ sur = surNAME

after line 291, without ever hitting the tab key, it should work fine.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress
4.10 star(s) 29 Votes