VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
So while code diving I found something curious and while this won't be affecting me on my actual playthrough I just had to make it happen for a screenshot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: pochops

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
So while code diving I found something curious and while this won't be affecting me on my actual playthrough I just had to make it happen for a screenshot.

So you what? Set her age to 21? That's the only way that could happen. I doubt the developer considered (or intended) that people would make the sister older than the brother.

Reactions: Deckard81

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
So you what? Set her age to 21? That's the only way that could happen. I doubt the developer considered (or intended) that people would make the sister older than the brother.
I found it funny, like I said it doesn't really affects me. Even if it was an actual problem for someone it is quite the easy fix, from user just go younger. From developer just deny the ability to make her older outright or always make brother at least 2 years older. If I came out as demeaning developer or something that wasn't my intention at all.

Reactions: Walter Victor

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
Tiny nitpick-but not really because characters are people and people get things wrong all the time-that I noticed playing through this again, while picking a few different options. Tessa (Victors sister) claims that "You do realise tonnes are imperial, not metric, right?", but tonnes are explicitly a metric measurement, and tons (the imperial version) sound the same when you say it out loud anyways. Like I said though, it's a tiny nitpick-but-not-really-, since I do see a weirdly large number of people making the same mistake as Tessa. I would suggest changing the spelling to ton, instead of tonne, just to make it grammatically correct. Leaving it as tonne after that is probably(?) fine though.
This game deserves "tons" of support. Only 28 followers on Patreon is a crime. I just pledged my support. However, from my perspective, I suggest adjusting the tier system by adding $1, $5 and $10 tiers. Jumping from $3 to $7.50 and then to $14.50 might be expensive and off-putting for many. For example, I would've pledged as much as $10, but $14.50 is too much, and so I settled on the $7.50 tier. I'm guessing there would be more potential followers willing to do an even five bucks than $7.50. Also, I would add a harem tag on the main tags at the top, since I assume that would draw more views.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
I actually really like this game and am interested to see how the story goes especially after that cliffhanger, but I do have a few nitpicks. I've seen a few other people say the same thing I'm about to say so I won't get too deep into it, but the banter really drags on, I have no issues with text heavy games, hell I even prefer it over fuckfest type games, but I found myself skipping the dialogue after a while with how the back and forth just seems to go on and on.

Another thing is the way all the characters talk seem pretty unnatural, I mean I can see Lucy because it seems to align with the type of person she is, but with everyone else it seems off. Eh maybe people do talk like that wherever this game is set in, I've just never seen high schoolers who talk like they're writing a paper and trying to fill out the word count.

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
I've seen a few other people say the same thing I'm about to say so I won't get too deep into it, but the banter really drags on, I have no issues with text heavy games, hell I even prefer it over fuckfest type games, but I found myself skipping the dialogue after a while with how the back and forth just seems to go on and on.
It really does kind of just keep going and going, doesn't it? Yeah, text-heavy is okay as long as what's being said is interesting but I think a bit of the dialogue in this game is pushing the limit. I like the game though.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Liking it so far. Seems like it is written by someone with English as their primary language, which is sadly rare for games found here. Although the setting seems to be in the US, it seems like the writer is from the UK or elsewhere in Europe, since they mention paracetamol, not Tylenol or acetaminophen, as it is called in the states. Also the British English way of spelling favor with a u and same for neighbor.

OK, I thought the dialogue of scoring in the other team's goal meant they were discussing soccer/futbol/football then he says something about clearly not being an interception, so then I think American football, then the render pops up and somehow they are watching blitzball...are we in Zanarkand?

Yep, car park instead of parking lot and the phrase "can't be arsed", writer is from UK, maybe Ireland.

Last edited:
Reactions: pochops

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
Another minor bug. In the locker scene, Liz says to CeCe
"And I know you said you were going to see CeCe's boyfriend, so I kinda just thought you wouldn't be bothered with it..."
Which sounds odd, since she's talking to CeCe.

Side note, I like the way you show texting, very slick.

Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
Although the setting seems to be in the US, it seems like the writer is from the UK or elsewhere in Europe, since they mention paracetamol, not Tylenol or acetaminophen, as it is called in the states. Also the British English way of spelling favor with a u and same for neighbor.
The Theater vs Theatre thing is kind of obnoxious, telling Americans it's spelled wrong. I would think this type of banter should be excluded, as it could alienate the player if they happen to speak American English and it was a distraction to the story. I can easily overlook the foreign spellings and just ignore them. Pointing the spellings out in the dialog is a bit over the top.

• Angry
Reactions: ZoePen

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Just finished 0.3, and caught up with the Dev once again on this game.

But thank you so much for game thus far, it has been fun, and looking forward for the next release.
i think the aunt will
a: blackmail both to w/e :unsure:
or
b: join them (i prefer this for .. reasons :ROFLMAO: )

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
Thanx for the update.
Love the game and the girls. :love:
Keep up the good work. (y)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
"England and America are two countries separated by a common language." - George Bernard Shaw.

I say, so what?! It can be annoying, but read enough of it and you get used to the differences. It's certainly not worth getting upset about when you play a game and the version of the language is not yours.

To me the worst offense is when a British developer refuses to say 'ass' and uses 'arse' instead, since that's in the important stuff... the sex scenes. :) And yet, I've managed to survive.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
Finished my playthrough and surprisingly feels somewhat new and different even though the 'fami-liar' tropes exist.:ROFLMAO:
A different take on it, along with some humor to boot is what makes it stand out I guess. Liz has grown on me more than I expected. I hope the characters are developed further and fledged out more, at least to keep immersion on going. The dream sequence seemed to be foundation for some plot in the nearby future, maybe the dev can correct me if I'm wrong. Keep up the great work dev! Kudos and godspeed ahead!

ss1.png

And is that a bloody skeleton driving Abigail's car? Care to elaborate Mr B0NES ? Sorry if its already been talked about!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Finished my playthrough and surprisingly feels somewhat new and different even though the 'fami-liar' tropes exist.:ROFLMAO:
A different take on it, along with some humor to boot is what makes it stand out I guess. Liz has grown on me more than I expected. I hope the characters are developed further and fledged out more, at least to keep immersion on going. The dream sequence seemed to be foundation for some plot in the nearby future, maybe the dev can correct me if I'm wrong. Keep up the great work dev! Kudos and godspeed ahead!

View attachment 1278906

And is that a bloody skeleton driving Abigail's car? Care to elaborate Mr B0NES ? Sorry if its already been talked about!
Perhaps like Alfred Hitchcock, Mr BONes likes to insert himself into his presentations.

• Haha
Reactions: F1_V10

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Only I was confused by the whole day of NOTHING, in the latest update? I mean, MC went to school, hang out with friends, talked, hang out with friends, talked, hang out with friends ..... Is this an adults game or a schoolboy simulator? The second day I just couldn't.

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
Only I was confused by the whole day of NOTHING, in the latest update? I mean, MC went to school, hang out with friends, talked, hang out with friends, talked, hang out with friends ..... Is this an adults game or a schoolboy simulator? The second day I just couldn't.
It's a damn shame you skipped the second day, because patience is rewarded. The final sex scene at the end with little sis made the wait worth it. Very hot. My mouth is watering in anticipation of scenes with mom and aunty.

Reactions: Walter Victor
4.10 star(s) 29 Votes