VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes
May 27, 2020
How can Claire be Suzy's Nan and also step-mother? She's either Suzy's grandmother or Step-mother, she can't be both (from the patreon description)

Patreon reward is joining the telegram chat? Why not a discord server?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
How can Claire be Suzy's Nan and also step-mother? She's either Suzy's grandmother or Step-mother, she can't be both (from the patreon description)
I don't know how it is worded or utilized in the Patreon (non-incest) version, since I don't play it, but 'nan' is also short for 'nanny'. It seems to me that a nanny can also be a step-mother, or be called Nanny (or Nan) by her charges.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
to be fair i hate all tsunderes but like shes not even that cute or hot
Hm, I think of her more as a , really. While she's distancing herself from her brother in the presence of others, she's never harsh with nor openly showing contempt for him, but rather reveling in the discomfort her playful banter and teasing bring about at times.

That being said, she's not my favourite either, lacking in refinement or perhaps sophistication (which I do think is perfectly fitting for her character, mind). My sights are set on Claire, Lucy, Liz, Abi, and Tessa. I would include Natasha as well, weren't it for the deep emotional troubles I suspect hidden behind her outgoing sexuality and knowing from personal experience how hard it can be to deal with them – for all sides involved.

Reactions: Aelgwenn

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
I liked the lil sis at first and the dialogues with her were funny, until the moment when she began to insult the mc in the presence of other girls (yeah, yeah, I know, envy) but to call the mc an idiot? and then a hobo? what's wrong with you woman, she lacks a sense of respect for the mc.

After that I began to skip all the dialogues with her. She behaves like a little spoiled girl who does not know how to behave in the presence of others(I remember she was kind of shy, where did her shyness go, lol), again, it's funny, since I put her age 20.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I took at this a look on occasion.
What is left to say?

Damn it was fun and all the girls and milfs (except the "main bitch") are damn hot.
But what really surprised me in a positive way is the current amount of game content.
For only 0.3 (and within 5 months) it was impressive. Other developers can't do that in 1.5 years.
You delivered with that a great piece and didn't set the bar low for others.

I'll definitely keep an eye on that, but first of all, thank you very much for all the hours of fun!

Reactions: JohnDoeberman

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Wow while I do enjoy this game big time and will keep watch of it, one of my top 5 red flags when it comes to games is heavily oozed into this game, in the form of the game have a lot of political influence in it as several points. Most games I have played even when they have things like this in them don't tend to be nearly as heavily in holding up certain beliefs within the characters yet I am seeing here left right and center which could in term possibly turn off some people.

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Wow while I do enjoy this game big time and will keep watch of it, one of my top 5 red flags when it comes to games is heavily oozed into this game, in the form of the game have a lot of political influence in it as several points. Most games I have played even when they have things like this in them don't tend to be nearly as heavily in holding up certain beliefs within the characters yet I am seeing here left right and center which could in term possibly turn off some people.
I'm usually pretty sensitive to that stuff and I noticed it but I didn't find it too in your face. It is a fair warning though

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Xo Mo

I'm Irish but had no issue with the any references in the game, though where I live we used to get terrestrial British TV channels so we group up with the culture. CV = Résumé. What do you call a kettle in the states (or where it is you're from) a water boiling pot?

I think the single teacher and one class was done just for sake of writing less characters and to avoid moving the characters around too much, the school system is very similar here to what you described, 45 min periods per subject etc.

The dialogue can go on but I enjoyed the banter the majority of the time, don't think I ever speed skipped

Reactions: Hordragg

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
What do you call a kettle in the states (or where it is you're from) a water boiling pot?
I call it a pot, but there are plenty of literary references to 'kettle'. Kettle is probably out of fashion in the US. We would probably say tea pot instead of tea kettle, unless it whistles. But then we are barbarians, and usually just put the mug with the instant tea in the microwave. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Deckard81
Mar 27, 2019
tl;dr: Just a heads up for American players... the English in this game is VERY VERY culturally British.

Specifically...

Quite a few things are mentioned that I had to google... before I went and asked the DEV about misused tenses in phrasing or ask what the hell certain things are. Terms, odd words that Americans use perhaps twice a year on holidayS...frequently appear throughout the writing. "CV"??? "Curry"? (in the US that's called Ceyanne pepper spice), "Jolly"? only used to describe Santa (pretty much not used at all over here other than at Christmas)... Kettles? I know they exist, but have never owned one myself.

Also, much of the dialogue just rambles on and on and on... I got to the point mid chapter 3 where I began speed skipping through and only rolling back to get an idea of what the CHOICE option was about... Chapter 4 I'm just skimming through because it's got so many confusing ideas and word choices that a guy like me who grew up in the mid-western United States is squinting and taking headache remedies trying to decipher.
I'm American too and not really sure what you're talking about.

Quite sure that Curry and Cayenne pepper are 2 diff. things.

CV is actually quite common in the states depending on the career you're in. I was in the medical field for awhile and I had one (still do floating around on a drive somewhere).

As for the dialogue, I know that's going to be a matter of personal preference, as I've seen many others on this thread that don't care for it. Me personally I love it...I always start laughing my ass off when they start going off the rails...especially between MC and sis and MC and Vic.

Mar 27, 2019
I know I'm "uncultured" and landlocked without a clue what a passport looks like or how to get one - or why I even need one - and I accept that many players will savor and enjoy the dialect as written. I was simply reacting and hope I did not come across in any way as judgemental. I simply was confused by so much of it.

In the northern states, Curry and Cayanne are interchangeable to refer to a red very spicy powder used to make food sear the taste buds with chemical heat. I assume they are different, but when in the game it's mentioned alongside a sandwich, but as a different thing separate from it, I was lost trying to figure out why anyone would eat just curry spice straight up... Is it like the cinnamon challenge?

Similarly, many game devs use KM for distance or KG and "stone" to define the weight of something. Most publicly educated Americans generally have no concept of how much that is compared to lbs or miles without looking it up... and "stone?" Not a clue.

I finished the game in about 90 mins, even if it should have taken 4-6 hours. The cliffhanger is interesting, but I wish there wasn't smoking in the game. I know it's a character choice, but being allergic to tobacco, the mere sight of the pack of cigarettes set my phobia for death on alert. Having it at the end of the 0.3 update made me happy the game was "over"...

I know smoking is accepted in some communities, but I simply view it as self-torture and assault against the respiratory system of anyone nearby. I do understand that may shock some people, but it's just my personal preference and opinion, having nearly died every time I was within 10 feet of a person with a lit cigarette... which has done nothing to help me leave my apartment unless necessary, even before the pandemic.
I didn't think you were being judgmental, it was more of a situation of your confusion almost got me confused...

I do agree that "stone" is confusing even though I've heard it used before...I just chalk that up to not having grown up with it.

I'm also a little more easy with metric system (km and kg) just because I've grown up with it along side Standard...tho I REALLY wish we would just finally drop standard and go with metric.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I don't think I'm ready to eat a 3-decimeter-long hot dog, though. :confused:
But you're fine with sliding 12 inches of hot meat down your throat?
Maybe its just what you're used to already and it'd just be a matter of getting used to something else?

Also no one would say 3 decimeters, it'd be just 30cm, not that I've ever heard of someone talking about the length of an actual hotdog in reference to eating it.
The closest I know of is Subway still calling their subs "foot-long" but they're an American franchise no one expects any better.

• Angry
Reactions: Walter Victor

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
As for the end of current update, it can't be the end of day 6 as the end-of-day-slide claims, there is no way they're all just going to sleep until day 7 after that, uh, 'discovery'.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
But you're fine with sliding 12 inches of hot meat down your throat?
Maybe its just what you're used to already and it'd just be a matter of getting used to something else?

Also no one would say 3 decimeters, it'd be just 30cm, not that I've ever heard of someone talking about the length of an actual hotdog in reference to eating it.
The closest I know of is Subway still calling their subs "foot-long" but they're an American franchise no one expects any better.
It was a joke. Lighten up!

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I decided to play the update even with the antiMegan route suspended, "wasn't her name Suzy before"? Anyway, I'll for sure hang around for the slow burn with Miss Buchardt as I'm a sucker for the young hot teacher, especially when I'm stealing her away from a douche.. and I guess Liz as well for now. I tried to like Megan, but her character just doesn't interest me at all. Despite the similarities in appearance, she's no Katie!

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes