• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

froufrou2019

Sep 20, 2020
And I'm glad the incest aspect is slowing down. Incest stories tend to get boring once they finally bone because they lose all sense of taboo.
I completely disagree, I think you enjoy being blue balled which is perfectly fine, many people enjoy slow burn VN's but you're suggesting your opinion is universal, it's not, I mean if that was the case games like Milfy City would have instantly lost their popularity when the MC did the dirty with his *cough *cough landlady.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Wow what a good update. Super meaty.

And I disagree dude if you ask Liz to be your girlfriend there's no way she's going to kowtoe to Cece - this owuld only happen if you don't ask her I imagine.

And I'm glad the incest aspect is slowing down. Incest stories tend to get boring once they finally bone because they lose all sense of taboo. Here the game is actually reminding us the players that hey 1) incest is still fucked up from both a biological and cultural perspective as well as power differential and 2) FFS the MC is 5 years older than his sister probably 14/19 based on what the story has told us so yeah their age gap is taboo also. I think the story acknowledging this keeps these 2 things taboo rather which is good rather than normalizing them which is boring and what 95% of incest games do.

edit: also the mom and aunt are actually 2 hot milfs. Too often milf characters are just gross with 3F breasts but the models in this game are top notch.
yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Lol you guys do realize this is a 0.4 version game right? How many incest games have you played that went full out in 4 updates? You're going to cry about "slow burn wahh" when its 4 updates. They fucked in 0.3 and probably will again in 0.5. Christ even Sisterly Lust one of the fastest moving incest games took a while for them to start fucking.

I get people are getting some whiplash from the slow down but again IMO that's not a bad thing especially since the author seems to be clearly exploring non family options in Liz/Abigail/Lucy. if the game was full blown family fucking from the start all wheels no breaks then MC would never slow down to consider the side girls which IMO are more interesting than than the sister.

And even in terms of fetish content the jealously that will inevitably develop between the sister and Liz/Raven or others is going to be hot as fuck but requires episodes like this where MC is more focused on side girls than family girls.

But yeah this is all like my opinion man.

Mr B0NES

Developer of Deviancy
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
Okay so the patch on the OP has been updated to correct that error, should work fine now (hopefully). I'm currently going through the code again to correct Past Bones's fuckups, and then I'll update the MEGA link to a fixed version and add the script file to the thread for those that don't want to download the whole thing again.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Haven't played it yet and here I was so fucking amped for an update to this... until I read your review, shit! Well that sucks, as much as I do enjoy the banter between the siblings, it does get tedious at times, and that was back when there was actually lewds to keep things moving along.

I loved how the game was not shying away from the sibling's' relationship as that had already started prior to the game, leaving the question of when they were going to go all the way. Even more, I liked how it seemed like their relationship, while a secret, was not a complete slow burn. Now it sounds like the Dev slammed on the brakes (would not have imagined the crazy, free-spirited aunt would react that negatively) so we're back to square-one, essentially a blue-ball fest filled with masturbation and voyeurism. :rolleyes:

I actually did like Liz and hoped to get the chance to date her publicly while still in a relationship with Suzy. But if Liz is still submissive to CeCe, what's the point in being in another secret relationship? Anyway, good thing I have plenty of updates to get to since it sounds like a bit of a disappointing snooze-fest outside of those more invested in seeing the MC with anyone other than his family. I guess I'll still eventually check it out, just not as excited as I was considering the cliffhanger from the previous update.
Yeah, I was really excited when I saw a new update for this one too. Until I played it and found out that it was a big update full of talking and no sibcest. I know some people don't like the sister because of her attitude or looks, whatever. But as you pointed out the game was bold about the fact the plot centered around the dangerous secret of their sexual relationship. I liked that the MC and his mom were slowly heading that way as well. I also thought it was going to be interesting to see how the mom reacted when she found out about them. But instead we get all this teen drama with the people the MC barely knows. Liz stuffing him into her locker because she CAN'T be seen with him but then later the MC is supposed to ask her out? Why would he? She's cute but spineless.

Just not what I expected.

Amen brother, i was waiting for this update but after reading the comments im gonna skip it this time and wait for the next one.
You both should draw your own conclusions. Perhaps my grumpy ass just saw everything through shit tinted glasses. You may love the update. Wouldn't be the first time that'd happen.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
You both should draw your own conclusions. Perhaps my grumpy ass just saw everything through shit tinted glasses. You may love the update. Wouldn't be the first time that'd happen.
I think you're pretty spot on. If I remember correctly, didn't the last update end with...knee sex? Oof. Boring. Anyway, don't wanna kink shame. Then there's the talking. I've been feeling that way about this the whole time. Just feels like non-stop rambling about nothing.

When I first started this, I was really into it due to the dynamic between the brother/sister and what they feel for each other. I'm having a difficult time sticking with this and also opted to skip this update because it just doesn't seem worth it.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
When I first started this, I was really into it due to the dynamic between the brother/sister and what they feel for each other. I'm having a difficult time sticking with this and also opted to skip this update because it just doesn't seem worth it.
I enabled skip unseen content and just skipped through most of the talking.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
So I have come to the end of the first day of school. I must say that this game is better than I expected! The only bad thing I can see as of right now is to copious amount of "woke" buzzwords and all the virtue signaling is getting really annoying. I came to play a VN, not listen to the Dev preach about their political views.

Other than that, it's an awesome VN!

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Also, you might want to fire your copy/editor. There are quite a few places were the grammar is wrong and the wrong words are used.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Downloaded yesterday, played today and...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 16732, in script
if d4_end == 1:
File "game/script.rpy", line 16732, in <module>
if d4_end == 1:
NameError: name 'd4_end' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if d4_end == 1:
File "G:\Visual Novels\Deviancy\Deviancy-0.4-pc\Deviancy-0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "G:\Visual Novels\Deviancy\Deviancy-0.4-pc\Deviancy-0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "G:\Visual Novels\Deviancy\Deviancy-0.4-pc\Deviancy-0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if d4_end == 1:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Deviancy 0.4
Sat Oct 23 21:02:39 2021

Noticed in v0.3 script.rpy there are 6 instances of "d4_end" and only 5 in 0.4 (if that is the problem) used mega for download "Win/Linux"
error with or without incest patch.
new playthrough from start with 0.4.

Reactions: HansDampf788

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Downloaded yesterday, played today and...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
if d4_end == 1:
if d4_end == 1:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if d4_end == 1:
File "G:\Visual Novels\Deviancy\Deviancy-0.4-pc\Deviancy-0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "G:\Visual Novels\Deviancy\Deviancy-0.4-pc\Deviancy-0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "G:\Visual Novels\Deviancy\Deviancy-0.4-pc\Deviancy-0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if d4_end == 1:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Deviancy 0.4
Sat Oct 23 21:02:39 2021

Noticed in v0.3 script.rpy there are 6 instances of "d4_end" and only 5 in 0.4 (if that is the problem) used mega for download "Win/Linux"
error with or without incest patch.
new playthrough from start with 0.4.
I have the same problems.

Reactions: MrPerson28475

Mr B0NES

Developer of Deviancy
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
I have the same problems.
Yeah it's on the chopping block of things to be fixed, there'll be an updated build and replacement script out tonight, I'll message the thread again when it's up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes