VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I never got a definitive answer either. From what I have played you don't have a say in many things, aside from unimportant banter comebacks everything is on rails. Being given the choice to skip only stops you from seeing lewd content, it still happens off screen so it's just watch it and know what going on or don't and have the game play out like you do.

It may change the farther along it goes but right now, for me at least, it is way to kinetic. I like to have a say in what happens in the games I play. On that note as well, I personally think the banter go on for quite a bit longer than it needs to. It's not bad but when the same back and forth goes on for three paragraphs it can be tedious, especially with this one and the limited player agency. After playing it reminded me of an adult version of the "Trails Of" series.
Yeah - imho games like this should have a kinetic tag. I dont see the point in these choices, when they dont change anything. You are just confused what the MC is talking about.

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
Okay, so I'm playing the new update and the MC and sister are talking outside of the house about the game Blackjack and revealing their ignorance of the game, but what the fuck do 'horsey's' have to do with cards? It's explained away as being a 'Knight' but that's the piece in Chess and has nothing to do with cards. Then it's indicated that there's a prominent 'K' in the corner of the card but that's for the 'King' card and has nothing to do with 'horsey's'. It seems like absolutely no one has any clue what a pack of cards looks like, is this intentional?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Glooskabe and jufot

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
really hope the dev makes more of the hate sister line, really fucking hate her.
i try my best to not agree to her but it is suffocating, only reason im going through this is for liz

• Sad
Reactions: Glooskabe

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
The lack of sex doesn't really bother me tbh. I'm one of the select few that plays these things mostly for the story, which is probably why I'm so nitpicky with the games I play.

Anyway, my only complaint is the constant banter and talking. It's at the point where it seems like the writer is using the witty back and forth to make up for the lack of story going on at the moment. I have no issue with banter and shooting shit with your family and friends but it really drags on and makes reading a chore. I think I spent more time with my finger on the skip button than I did actually enjoying the story.

As for Liz, I was pretty happy with our newfound relationship with her, but I definitely don't see her sticking up to Cece anytime soon. Looks like we have to do even more sneaking around. Wonder how that'll play out

edit: forgot to mention... can the cowardly MC trope please die down soon? It's quite "boring" having to play as a guy that's intimidated by everything

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
really hope the dev makes more of the hate sister line, really fucking hate her.
i try my best to not agree to her but it is suffocating, only reason im going through this is for liz
wait there's a sister hate path?

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
wait there's a sister hate path?
yeah i think on day 2 end if you dont visit her at night, the 3rd day has a dev notice telling to save this for later as only the love sister path will done and the hate one will come later

checking again, seems the dev removed it now, guess were stuck with the shitty sister

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cokebaths

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

+ + MULTI MOD already included in the patch
thank
ShaddyModda x mod

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

+ + MULTI MOD già incluse nella patch

grazieShaddyModda x mod

Here is the Italian translation
of Deviancy [v0.3]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

+

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Deviancy [v0.3]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

+
Italian translation

Updated: 2021-10-24
Version: 0.4 Bugfix

+ + MULTI MOD already included in the patch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ + MULTI MOD già incluse nella patch

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So I previously played up to v0.2 and while the banter was a bit much I liked the game but now that I continued to play I must say the game has gone down to shit, seriously the banter went up to stupid amounts. The MC is a complete idiot that thinks he is manly but he is a total wimp.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
yeah i think on day 2 end if you dont visit her at night, the 3rd day has a dev notice telling to save this for later as only the love sister path will done and the hate one will come later

checking again, seems the dev removed it now, guess were stuck with the shitty sister
Huh... must've been too much work to add a path without her. I'm not too hard pressed about it, I like the sis. When she's not bantering for an concerning amount of time ofc

Reactions: Hrk19

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
Anyway, my only complaint is the constant banter and talking. It's at the point where it seems like the writer is using the witty back and forth to make up for the lack of story going on at the moment. I have no issue with banter and shooting shit with your family and friends but it really drags on and makes reading a chore. I think I spent more time with my finger on the skip button than I did actually enjoying the story.
It really does drag, doesn't it? I mean if they were at least saying things relevant to a story then it'd probably be okay but as is you're just reading line after line of very mundane irrelevant conversation. Is that why it's called Deviancy? Because it deviates away from being entertaining?

Dipper Pines

Aug 14, 2018
Question for the dev or anyone who knows the answer to this. During the bathroom scene at The Foundry I ran through all the options to see what they were and am wondering if choosing the mom option is the only one without said choice helping or if I didn't meet some sort of point threshold or something?

jufot

May 15, 2021
Question for the dev or anyone who knows the answer to this. During the bathroom scene at The Foundry I ran through all the options to see what they were and am wondering if choosing the mom option is the only one without said choice helping or if I didn't meet some sort of point threshold or something?
The mom choice gives some extra love and lust points for her and slightly alters the dialogue, but nothing else.

Reactions: Dipper Pines
4.10 star(s) 29 Votes