MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Nope, a completely new game, I didn't even have old saves as I just did a clean install of windows 11. So I played through the 2 cases and somewhere after the second one I got around to where you take Moon home. Then all of a sudden this popped up.

So yeah, not sure what you programmed it to look at, but I'd personally just prefer it if you get a message like this when you open the game, rather than there being some invisible checks which may or may not throw false positives.
Nope. It doesnt work that way. What screen do u see when u take moon home. The game telling you to start a new game? What was it that popped up and what version are you at? This shouldn't be occurring as it's not coded that way. Can you give more details?

It seems players who have started a new game have no problems so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xypher

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Tbh I'm one of those guys who don't mind restarting the game, helps me recap the story and events of the game that I forgot after waiting for a couple of months. Its understandable not everyone is keen in restarting the game from the start and revisiting the same ol' content.

As before, really love the characters, plot, interactions and story, its very intriguing and immersive. Keep up the good work dev!

Richter

Jul 12, 2017
Nope. It doesnt work that way. What screen do u see when u take moon home. The game telling you to start a new game? What was it that popped up and what version are you at? This shouldn't be occurring as it's not coded that way. Can you give more details?

Yeah, from personal experience, that's not how programming works. Just because the majority doesn't have any issues doesn't mean there's no issues, especially when it comes to sandbox games where there's so many variables to take into account.

I could have just left a negative rating and moved on with my life, but I like what you've done so far and I'm just trying to help you.

Anyway, I'm using the current version: 0.5.4.Beta.Build

Below screen is the last one before the "Sorry! You're unable to continue the game as version 0.5 requires a complete savewipe!" message. The screen before this says "I could invite Moon and get to know her better."
1635008186235.png

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Yeah, from personal experience, that's not how programming works. Just because the majority doesn't have any issues doesn't mean there's no issues, especially when it comes to sandbox games where there's so many variables to take into account.

I could have just left a negative rating and moved on with my life, but I like what you've done so far and I'm just trying to help you.

Anyway, I'm using the current version: 0.5.4.Beta.Build

Below screen is the last one before the "Sorry! You're unable to continue the game as version 0.5 requires a complete savewipe!" message. The screen before this says "I could invite Moon and get to know her better."
View attachment 1465436
I don't understand what you're getting at? I'm just trying to get more information as you're the only person that have encountered this. I mention this because the trigger is when u go to sleep. If you went to sleep before that the screen should have popped up. Unless you loaded a save.

Thanks for the info. If you started a new game it shouldn't cause this issue. Have you been to sleep during your playthrough? If anyone else is still unable to progress despite starting a new game please let me know.

Richter

Jul 12, 2017
I mention this because the trigger is when u go to sleep. If you went to sleep before that the screen should have popped up. Unless you loaded a save.
Like I said before, I started a new game, also played through 2 cases and somewhere after the second one I got around to where you take Moon home. You can literally not do this without going to sleep at some time or another :)

Edit: attached a save game.

Edit2: Ok, I went through my save files and befor the 2nd case with the nuns I have no problems sleeping and whatnot, after getting a perfect score on the case and telling SAM which girlk I like most, I go home and sleep and then get the restart message. I added another 2 savegames. 21-4 is before the 2nd case, 21-5 after. Maybe there's a variable somewhere it doesn't like.

Last edited:

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Like I said before, I started a new game, also played through 2 cases and somewhere after the second one I got around to where you take Moon home. You can literally not do this without going to sleep at some time or another :)

That's very strange. It shouldn't happen. I assume you haven't used any mods or edited the game in any way.
What is the screen that shows after the moon date? Are you unable to continue?

Yeah if you could send me a save it would be perfect.

Richter

Jul 12, 2017
That's very strange. It shouldn't happen. I assume you haven't used any mods or edited the game in any way.
What is the screen that shows after the moon date? Are you unable to continue?

Yeah if you could send me a save it would be perfect.
I edited the previous post with savegames and additional explanation. Hope that helps :)

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020

Edit2: Ok, I went through my save files and befor the 2nd case with the nuns I have no problems sleeping and whatnot, after getting a perfect score on the case and telling SAM which girlk I like most, I go home and sleep and then get the restart message. I added another 2 savegames. 21-4 is before the 2nd case, 21-5 after. Maybe there's a variable somewhere it doesn't like.
Hmmm...im kinda confused. I thought it popped up after moon T.T"
But now u got thru to the nun case? So it happened multiple times?
Hmm but u aren't supposed to be able to continue if you get the restart screen.

Thanks anyway buds. I'll look thru it.

Richter

Jul 12, 2017
Hmmm...im kinda confused. I thought it popped up after moon T.T"
But now u got thru to the nun case? So it happened multiple times?
Hmm but u aren't supposed to be able to continue if you get the restart screen.

Thanks anyway buds. I'll look thru it.
Yeah, walking moon home was after the nun case for me, I just put the 2 saves at the end so they were easier for me to pick up.
So summarized, spoiler for people who have yet to play this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you want I'll try do case 2 again with different choices to see if that changes anything, but for now it looks like
are causing this :p

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Yeah, walking moon home was after the nun case for me, I just put the 2 saves at the end so they were easier for me to pick up.
So summarized, spoiler for people who have yet to play this:
If you want I'll try do case 2 again with different choices to see if that changes anything, but for now it looks like
are causing this :p
Ok can you show me the error screen? It might be another error. Or just drop by discord so we don't have to spam the thread.

Richter

Jul 12, 2017
Ok can you show me the error screen? It might be another error. Or just drop by discord so we don't have to spam the thread.
1635013315785.png
1635013333352.png

I've redone the nun thing the same way I did before and for some reason I'm not getting the error anymore. No clue what's going on. I'll just keep saving and sleeping as much as possible to see between where it may trigger this, if it even triggers it at all anymore.

If I have any big issue or update I'll come spam discord instead. Thanks for your time though :)

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
View attachment 1465580
View attachment 1465581

I've redone the nun thing the same way I did before and for some reason I'm not getting the error anymore. No clue what's going on. I'll just keep saving and sleeping as much as possible to see between where it may trigger this, if it even triggers it at all anymore.

If I have any big issue or update I'll come spam discord instead. Thanks for your time though :)
No problemo. Ure welcome in discord anytime.

what is the dungeon door password ?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
what is the dungeon door password ?

It can figured out by: Going to the room with the refrigerator, playing with the lights, and observing the message on the wall. Then, comparing the shapes in that message to the paper found in one of the corridors. From there, you can determine the who killed Jesus, LONGINUS, and get the numbers

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
No problemo. Ure welcome in discord anytime.

That's very convoluted IMO. We're already holding a flashlight and Eve is holding an oil lamp so to have to use specifically matches to light up the scroll is a very far-fetched solution. I'm happy someone wrote the password in this thread earlier because I would never ever have thought to try that.

Reactions: E_nigma

RsL4972

May 14, 2021
i've asked this a couple times already and got no answer ,my question is , i'm in the warehouse and i cant find the tool for the power box , its suppose to be a screwdriver or wrench

Reactions: bogeyparr
4.10 star(s) 172 Votes