MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
and now getting the bait for the rat trap
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Case_SOL.rpy", line 11236, in <module>
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Case_SOL.rpyc", line 11236, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Case_SOL.rpy", line 11236, in <module>
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
Deviant Anomalies 0.5.4.Beta.Build
Sun Oct 24 08:35:30 2021
Ahh yes that's fine its a known bug. Im just wondering for absolutely brand new players if they are still having it. It's something I'm trying to solve. I think it has something to do with persistent files for those who have played the game before. By saving and restarting the game it should remove the errors.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
hmm This was a fresh install, the only thing remaining were the save files.. and I have not attempted to load them.

I could delete everything including the savefiles and start from scratch if that would help?
(also how do I fix it?)
Damn last line of your post... thanks

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Ahh yes that's fine its a known bug. Im just wondering for absolutely brand new players if they are still having it. It's something I'm trying to solve. I think it has something to do with persistent files for those who have played the game before. By saving and restarting the game it should remove the errors.
For the record, I did try saving a restarting and it kept happening over and over - in other scenes as well.

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
hmm This was a fresh install, the only thing remaining were the save files.. and I have not attempted to load them.

I could delete everything including the savefiles and start from scratch if that would help?
(also how do I fix it?)
Damn last line of your post... thanks
Nah u don't have to restart the whole thing! I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is. I winder if brand new problems have this issue. Just ignore the bug and it would run normally.

For the record, I did try saving a restarting and it kept happening over and over - in other scenes as well.
Oh really? For some it worked. Geez. This is giving ,me a headache. I think it has to do with the font. Because it works perfectly for me. No problemo, i'll get it fixed. It's fine as long as the game has no issues running.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Oh really? For some it worked. Geez. This is giving ,me a headache. I think it has to do with the font. Because it works perfectly for me. No problemo, i'll get it fixed. It's fine as long as the game has no issues running.
Totally get it. Been building software as a career for many, many, years. These things happen. It's always the most fun when it's something super obvious that you don't think about until exhausting ever other possibility and then you feel like a total noob. Hope you don't pull all your hair out over this one :D

0le

Apr 30, 2018
Strange, seems stuck.. I have interrogated Eve and been in the crypt. But I cant interrogate anyone else.

Last edited:

RsL4972

May 14, 2021
1-1-LT1.save i'm stuck here and havent figured out where the wrench is , someone said by the tent but i dont see a tent anywhere

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Totally get it. Been building software as a career for many, many, years. These things happen. It's always the most fun when it's something super obvious that you don't think about until exhausting ever other possibility and then you feel like a total noob. Hope you don't pull all your hair out over this one :D
RAWRRR
Strange, seems stuck.. I have interrogated Eve and been in the crypt. But I cant interrogate anyone else.
Did u collect all the clues?
1-1-LT1.save i'm stuck here and havent figured out where the wrench is , someone said by the tent but i dont see a tent anywhere
Its there. Its not hard to find though its hard to describe to u where it is. Just look around. U need to use the flashlight and look carefully on the floor. This one is pretty obvious, not hard to find at all.

Btw, guys if u need more help drop by discord. Everything u asked is being discussed there. U can find solutions and all that jazz.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I hate hard pauses. Attached are the renpy sources with all of the hard=True changed to hard=False. Extract to your game directory. If you haven't bothered to unpack the rpa archives, this will also create a subfolder where two files end up in game/Events_SideQuests.

0le

Apr 30, 2018
RAWRRR

Did u collect all the clues?

Its there. Its not hard to find though its hard to describe to u where it is. Just look around. U need to use the flashlight and look carefully on the floor. This one is pretty obvious, not hard to find at all.

Btw, guys if u need more help drop by discord. Everything u asked is being discussed there. U can find solutions and all that jazz.
No I have not gotten all evidence, but It seems impossible to find:
DA.PNG

gatoconak

Oct 1, 2017
Hello I got a question, how can I listen to Mother Superior conversation with Teresa using Moe's item (cant remember its name), I dont remember using it on her, dont know if its a bug or it isnt implemented yet the art and you actually used it on her but not shown in-game

Zeanrith

Mar 23, 2019
MoolahMilk

I'm tested this on the 5.3 version so excuse me if you fixed the issue already, but the Unicode crash errors that is appearing and beings "solved" by restating is caused by you assigning a value to renpy.notify rather then calling it as a function. This was done 10 times whenever you obtain a photo

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes