badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
anyone who's struggling with the game should just join the discord

imo the puzzles really aren't difficult at all, but it's easier to find solutions on the discord since the search function is better there than on f95

DA discord link:

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Attaching below the v0.3.3 In-Game Choice Mod
Which can also be found on my .

Feature:
  • Highlights the best choice in Green.
  • Displays the stats gained:
    • If Positive Effect (+) Pink.
    • If Negative Effect (-) Purple.
  • Otherwise it's a free pick.
Please note, that Karma in this game affects the personality of the MC towards a given character. Which will either be more loving/caring (+ Karma) or Corrupt/aggressive (- Karma).

IMPORTANT: This mod won't instruct you on what to do / what's the next step. It will only provide help with the dialogue choices so you could rest easy when making that decision.

Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi mate, you gonna update mod? I saw other modder stopped updating and im wondering you stopped aswell or not? I hope you dont :(

mginvoke

Sep 29, 2020
Indeed. No problem at all.

Let me say one little thing: an happy fanbase, that's value.

In my case, I'm happy with the work of a dozen of devs and I fund them every single month, with some other in rotation: no pirates here (or not so much).
That's the way it works: the player is happy, the dev is happy, everyone is happy and that's good for business. Values.

And on this forum, as you say, it's the same thing: the fan spread joyful tidings, the dev gains funders, and that's business too.

But is not always Christmas. If the player it's not happy with something that should be a warning bell for the dev, maybe (only maybe) is the signal that something could be managed differently.

I'm not saying that you should obey every fan littlest whim. I'm saying: please look at the other devs, and what they do to maintain an happy fanbase, paying or not paying.

There are games that require a restart? Oh, a whole lot of them. But in most cases they are VN games, something that can be played quickly pressing ctrl and choosing right at crossroads. And even with that, many devs provide a savegame or start a whole new "part 2".

Yours is a much more complex game, and required hours and hours for progressing with it.
I think that that time too is a value.

It would have killed you providing a full savegame? Only that.

but... you realize that a restart was needed because he added stuff to the earlier parts of the game, right? there's an entire scene with a therapist and the fallout from the parents' deaths. that scene is included in an earlier quest. if Moolah provided a save, then people would just complain that later sections of the game don't make sense, since they wouldn't have the context that the scene provided. which would then lead to others, like you, complaining in the future that the dev is unreasonable. the game is not that difficult, it's not rocket science. just skip all previously seen text by hitting the tab button and you'll be back where you were in no-time. you've apparently spent hours on the game? so you should have at least a vague memory of how to do the puzzles.

that said, moolah should really put out a walkthrough or something so people are less confused. or he can contact a walkthrough writer instead and have them do it for him. i think a lot of the complaints that people have would be resolved if they could just look at a cheat sheet instead of having to think when trying to jack off.

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
You are one of the most responsive Dev's I've seen, Thanks for following up on these kinds of comments. You talk about returned value so here is the best I can do.

1. The light switch puzzle, the "main board" was obvious, but it took me 3 attempts to find the 3 switches on the right... I just did not have the visual clue to locate it with a mouse over.

2. The spider fight. I thought that the slightly folded leg indicated the side I should attack from, but their are 2 images where I did not see anything that made it obvious where the best hit location was.... actually in all the fights I've just felt like I was guessing. (its not punishing, with roll backs it's actually trivial to win) I would have liked some more visual information to work with.

3. The click the mouse button to climb up the ledge (just after you've escaped the van you were kidnapped in) is just meh.... and when you complete it you click though several screens further as a result missing game text. If you roll back to far trying to read it..... its back to climbing the ledge...

4. Stat gains, I've had a few but they don't seem to be reflected.

5. Starting stat benefit, I'm not sure when these are taking effect, the charming one is obvious, the intelligence and strenght ones I'm not seeing... I would guess that you might get more time on the photo reassembly with the int choice and the climbing clicking puzzle is easier with the str choice?? Would be nice if the effects were made more apparent some how?

6. The cut to Autumn (the psychologist/psychiatrist was weird, I had no idea who I was talking to or why I was talking to her, perhaps I've forgotten some mention or encounter with her earlier but I felt really disconnected with that scene, like I'd missed a good 5 minutes of game play somehow.

7. Someone else mentioned that they were unhappy with the forced blackmail photos of Delilah(sp?) the red head nun, I did not have a problem with the scene as part of the story but it's forced on you and I can see their point. It would be nice if it does not interfere with the story line if you can decide to opt out of that blackmail photo shoot at any point... rather going through to forced sexual assault or digital rape.

Any way that the stuff that I recall, hope you find the feedback of some value.. :)
Fantastic. Thanks for the feedback buddy! They're really helpful. I've gone thru them and added stuff to my list!

MoolahMilk : Thanks for the update, nice one - just a bit frustrated to not have supernatural things in this one, but... We can't fight creepy monsters all the time anyway! It's currently one of my favorite games, renders are very good and animations are smooth, but more important is that it's not a pure fuckfest so I'm not tempted to skip every displayed text because "yeah, boring...". Quite the opposite, the story is interesting and it makes the "grinding" part way more interesting than in several other sandbox games - for example, not really struggling with money is indeed a good choice.

I thought it was OK to reload my previous save - everything went OK - but during play, after getting Moon back to her home, I got the incompatibility notice. That's a bit weird: I don't like to restart (who likes? :LOL:), but I think you should forbid directly to reload previous saves. It should even be easier for you, isn't it?

I've noticed some glitches in scenario:
  • I got the spying device from Moe. But I jumped to a night scene with Victoria and Teresa (Victoria is in her bath) WITHOUT any use of the syringe. Never seen how I used the syringe, or... on who! I don't even know if I injected it to Teresa or to Victoria... It seems that there is a missing condition somewhere, because obviously I shouldn't be able to hear these two.
  • There is also a missing hint - not serious however: when exploring the crypt, you should display a message to tell that items must be selected in backpack in order to be used. It's quite easy to figure out, but on the beginning it's a bit strange to not see things triggered while we have the required item...
  • Related to crypt again: there is no indication (visual or text) to know in which position we set the switches. It should say/show "up" or "down", or "on"/"off", but something.
  • Still the crypt: the oil lamp disappears once filled (MC let the nun "in charge of it"). I was surprised to still need the flashlight to enter the room, I thought that they would light it immediately - in particular because MC still have kerosene in his backpack... Maybe add something like "Save the kerosene", or remove all associated components from backpack once Eve takes the lamp?
  • There is no indication of returning the original church's keys after duplicating them, despite that MC tells explicitely that he should bring them back quickly in order that the nun do not notice it. I spent
  • During interrogation, lewd actions aren't repeatable even after a successful blackmailing: is it on purpose?
  • For Moon's date: it didn't trigger the first Saturday. I was forced to wait a full week to get it finally. I spent a lot of time exploring everything this first Saturday, rolling back when needed and so on, thinking that I missed something... Maybe add something to make this required wait more intuitive?
  • I was quite certain that there was a scene at the bar with the two hookers, after MC recruit them. I wasn't able to trigger it on my new game... Did I remember badly, or is there something broken?

Then, little missing things/bugs:
  • When in grinding mode (for Beatrice, for example), it's sometimes very frustrating to be forced to go home in order to skip time... The top/left icon bar is displayed on the map, BUT without the time skip button... Is it possible to add it? Or better, get this icon panel always visible?
  • Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see clearly when you receive a message on the phone. I just took the habit to check it... Display it with a glowing halo, or shaking, when something isn't ackknowledged?
  • AP never decrease with Eleanore. They are decreasing with Beatrice.
  • Puzzles are quite fun, they aren't so challenging, but I'm sure that some will complain that there are too hard anyway. Maybe an "easy mode" in settings can satisfy everyone? For my part, I found the crypt puzzle a bit too easy - got the code without decoding the glyphs to letters, since the answer is quite obvious and the letter/digits conversion isn't hidden... I was more frustrated with the photo puzzle: time seems to not be important at all, but unplaced pieces are hidden below and therefore we constantly need to move well-placed pieces to get the new ones - unplaced pieces should stay on top or on the side.
  • Climbing while escaping: please save our mices... Once done, it shouldn't be needed a second time.
  • When nothing is doable with a character (ex: Catherine, Maeve, Sophia, ...), you should indicates clearly that nothing can be done (and maybe WHY nothing can be done: game not finished, action missing, ...). You did it with Mia, but not with all characters. Maybe even forbid to go there, like it's done with Catherine's home when not at night?
  • Still have some used elements, like the hard drive or the secret camera, despite that they were given to Moe or placed somewhere. At the same time, I don't see the church's keys in my inventory... I don't see also the two coins found during kidnapping and in the crypt. For secret camera, I can understand that I may have five of them left, but there is no indication of quantity anyway.
  • When exiting MC's room by clicking on "Stairs", we go back to "Living room" instead. All other locations are working correctly. In fact, clicking on "Stairs" while being in stairs send back to "Living room" too.
  • MC talk about a key to bathroom... I'm still searching the "online store" on the computer - I have cash, I'll pay, but damn, I want this key... :devilish: We got a scene with Mia in her bath, and we can't even redo it... Sob...
  • Sometimes, after going everywhere in MC's house and clicking on Sophia's room, the message indicating that she's in school just flash. Happened only two times, cannot find a way to reproduct that - and saving/reloading always solves the problem... Maybe Ren'Py is the problem?
  • Got a LOT of Ren'Py errors (ignored and everything went fine) while in the crypt or with Sage (in crypt, near everytime I collected an item). Just read that a controller can cause problems - I have two connected... Most of them are related to a "unicode" object. I didn't tried the 0.5.5 however, it was with the beta. Feel free to ask if you want more informations and/or traces.

And again, thanks for this game.
Thanks for the bug reports and feedback buddy. I'll look thru them. Regarding the SOL stuff you would have to wait for the reveal. It will make sense later on. Couldn't get there in time as too much ground to cover.

i did both, because i remember doing them specifically. i will be super vague but you will know what im talking about, i have all of the hints, like items that need to be found, and things and places that need to be observed. and i have also observed the girls and things they should or should not have on their person. i spent probably 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do after talking to everyone but im going to try again cause, i want to clear this area.
I really have no idea what youre having trouble with. Check Miriam neck, delilahs hand and make sure to see the gardener hiding behind the tree. Also, you might have unlocked new dialogue.

Since MC wasn't aware that Victoria is the Mother Superior, it makes no sense to inject her the device at this time - she's a nobody... Definitively, there is a glitch there. As I said, maybe it's a missing condition somewhere which triggers something BEFORE it should be triggered... And for MC playing dumb... I think he's REALLY dumb - despite putting him as "intellectual", he clearly is sometimes really a dumbass. If he had oversee who she is, a text line should have indicated it, but he clearly brags about himself.

That's my point of view too. Also, when in church, it's a bit "long" to get out of there... Having the icon panel visible would allow to "jump out" this place instantly, while currently it requires a lot of clicks just to... get out.

Probably, didn't tested it yet... I simply kept the beta for now, "just in case", and I'll apply the 0.5.5 if MoolahMilk don't need tracebacks. My current configuration triggers the problem easily, so... As a developper myself, I know that it's often a pain in the ass to squish a bug when you can't reproduct it 100% of time.
You'd have to wait for the reveal of SOL case later on!

The MC kinda retarded. He makes Spade looks like Sherlock Holmes
Well he is pretty retarded but don't assume till the story is over. Many things not as they seem ;D

Dare i say one of the best games ive played! Good story and fantastic sex scenes and good gameplay!
Awesome buds. Glad you liked it! You are my energy! Gib 5 stars!

Ahh is it just my game or what The UI reponse is so slow it literally take 5 sec to click something WTF.
It usually has to do with your computer drivers not being updated properly. A quick fix would be while inside the game, Press Shift+G (Windows) or Command+G (MAC) to open the RenPy Settings. Try choosing Force Angle/DirectX Renderer or Force OpenGL Renderer. Choose which one will make your game faster

Also play around with fps settings.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
This started pretty good. Well, minus the early sound effects, but I suppose that was intended.
Though the controls do feel a bit sluggish.
And the scene before the second investigation into the convent was so cringy I just couldn't bring myself to continue.
Lastly, man, that Autumn woman came out of nowhere.
:unsure: I'm not sure as to the cause, but I kinda felt stressed after the game.

Zeanrith

Mar 23, 2019
MoolahMilk

Got an other error for you. So the previous problem that allowed you to interview the same person multiple times breaks saves with your current implementation.
If you did more interviews and saved, the variable will be greater then 1 for that person. You check if it exactly 1 making you unable to progress. ($sol_eve_interrogated is one of the affected variables)

Edit: Decided later to check out the code closer, error is actually from you taking evelyn to the crypt before interviewing all the girls. So still in game and not only for old saves

Last edited:

RsL4972

May 14, 2021
OK I THINK I FOUND A BUG , I'M LOOKING FOR THE LAST CLUE IN THE CHURCH AN DI BELIEVE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE A NAIL , BUT WHEN I GO TO THAT PART IT , TALKS ABOUT A BOOK INSTEAD OF GIVING ME THE CLUE , WTF , I'VE TALKED TO ALL THE NUNS AND JUST NEED THAT CLUE

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Is going session with Autumn without even getting any intrudiction for her is normal? Game literaly told me i have session with her after scene with Sage in truth sancuary but before i dont see any scene with her, is it bug? Or its how suppossed to be?

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
The opaque nature of every system involved in the SoL questline has made this game nothing but an exercise in frustration. Just not worth it

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes