Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
MoolahMilk : Thanks for the update, nice one - just a bit frustrated to not have supernatural things in this one, but... We can't fight creepy monsters all the time anyway! It's currently one of my favorite games, renders are very good and animations are smooth, but more important is that it's not a pure fuckfest so I'm not tempted to skip every displayed text because "yeah, boring...". Quite the opposite, the story is interesting and it makes the "grinding" part way more interesting than in several other sandbox games - for example, not really struggling with money is indeed a good choice.

I thought it was OK to reload my previous save - everything went OK - but during play, after getting Moon back to her home, I got the incompatibility notice. That's a bit weird: I don't like to restart (who likes? :LOL:), but I think you should forbid directly to reload previous saves. It should even be easier for you, isn't it?

I've noticed some glitches in scenario:
  • I got the spying device from Moe. But I jumped to a night scene with Victoria and Teresa (Victoria is in her bath) WITHOUT any use of the syringe. Never seen how I used the syringe, or... on who! I don't even know if I injected it to Teresa or to Victoria... It seems that there is a missing condition somewhere, because obviously I shouldn't be able to hear these two.
  • There is also a missing hint - not serious however: when exploring the crypt, you should display a message to tell that items must be selected in backpack in order to be used. It's quite easy to figure out, but on the beginning it's a bit strange to not see things triggered while we have the required item...
  • Related to crypt again: there is no indication (visual or text) to know in which position we set the switches. It should say/show "up" or "down", or "on"/"off", but something.
  • Still the crypt: the oil lamp disappears once filled (MC let the nun "in charge of it"). I was surprised to still need the flashlight to enter the room, I thought that they would light it immediately - in particular because MC still have kerosene in his backpack... Maybe add something like "Save the kerosene", or remove all associated components from backpack once Eve takes the lamp?
  • There is no indication of returning the original church's keys after duplicating them, despite that MC tells explicitely that he should bring them back quickly in order that the nun do not notice it. I spent
  • During interrogation, lewd actions aren't repeatable even after a successful blackmailing: is it on purpose?
  • For Moon's date: it didn't trigger the first Saturday. I was forced to wait a full week to get it finally. I spent a lot of time exploring everything this first Saturday, rolling back when needed and so on, thinking that I missed something... Maybe add something to make this required wait more intuitive?
  • I was quite certain that there was a scene at the bar with the two hookers, after MC recruit them. I wasn't able to trigger it on my new game... Did I remember badly, or is there something broken?

Then, little missing things/bugs:
  • When in grinding mode (for Beatrice, for example), it's sometimes very frustrating to be forced to go home in order to skip time... The top/left icon bar is displayed on the map, BUT without the time skip button... Is it possible to add it? Or better, get this icon panel always visible?
  • Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see clearly when you receive a message on the phone. I just took the habit to check it... Display it with a glowing halo, or shaking, when something isn't ackknowledged?
  • AP never decrease with Eleanore. They are decreasing with Beatrice.
  • Puzzles are quite fun, they aren't so challenging, but I'm sure that some will complain that there are too hard anyway. Maybe an "easy mode" in settings can satisfy everyone? For my part, I found the crypt puzzle a bit too easy - got the code without decoding the glyphs to letters, since the answer is quite obvious and the letter/digits conversion isn't hidden... I was more frustrated with the photo puzzle: time seems to not be important at all, but unplaced pieces are hidden below and therefore we constantly need to move well-placed pieces to get the new ones - unplaced pieces should stay on top or on the side.
  • Climbing while escaping: please save our mices... Once done, it shouldn't be needed a second time.
  • When nothing is doable with a character (ex: Catherine, Maeve, Sophia, ...), you should indicates clearly that nothing can be done (and maybe WHY nothing can be done: game not finished, action missing, ...). You did it with Mia, but not with all characters. Maybe even forbid to go there, like it's done with Catherine's home when not at night?
  • Still have some used elements, like the hard drive or the secret camera, despite that they were given to Moe or placed somewhere. At the same time, I don't see the church's keys in my inventory... I don't see also the two coins found during kidnapping and in the crypt. For secret camera, I can understand that I may have five of them left, but there is no indication of quantity anyway.
  • When exiting MC's room by clicking on "Stairs", we go back to "Living room" instead. All other locations are working correctly. In fact, clicking on "Stairs" while being in stairs send back to "Living room" too.
  • MC talk about a key to bathroom... I'm still searching the "online store" on the computer - I have cash, I'll pay, but damn, I want this key... :devilish: We got a scene with Mia in her bath, and we can't even redo it... Sob...
  • Sometimes, after going everywhere in MC's house and clicking on Sophia's room, the message indicating that she's in school just flash. Happened only two times, cannot find a way to reproduct that - and saving/reloading always solves the problem... Maybe Ren'Py is the problem?
  • Got a LOT of Ren'Py errors (ignored and everything went fine) while in the crypt or with Sage (in crypt, near everytime I collected an item). Just read that a controller can cause problems - I have two connected... Most of them are related to a "unicode" object. I didn't tried the 0.5.5 however, it was with the beta. Feel free to ask if you want more informations and/or traces.

And again, thanks for this game.

NinjaHanzo

Aug 18, 2020
If thats the case, something seems broken. Did u start a new game? I don't know what u did to break it unless i have more information. Are u on pc? Did u add any mods or do any edits? So far no one reported this problem yet.
Thanks for your reply, and of course thanks for this great game.

I am playing in PC with Gallery mod, but since i tried literally everything and the problem with not being able to input the password in Lab Door is not getting fixed in my save, i downloaded the game again and just copy paste the saves (Without the mod) and now is working perfectly.

I was waiting some more content with MIA (My favourite character) but seems like i cant do anything else with her. (Forever friendzoned with some boobs show)

Anyways, as i said, thanks a lot for your reply. (To you and to everyone who is here helping clumsy people like me)

Reactions: MoolahMilk

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
  • I got the spying device from Moe. But I jumped to a night scene with Victoria and Teresa (Victoria is in her bath) WITHOUT any use of the syringe. Never seen how I used the syringe, or... on who! I don't even know if I injected it to Teresa or to Victoria... It seems that there is a missing condition somewhere, because obviously I shouldn't be able to hear these two.
I presumed this was the "tickle" on victoria's neck when you hug her outside the convent, I was not watching the screen carefully enough to know if the image reflects this though. I'm thinking the MC is well aware of who she is at this point and is playing dumb.

This might not be the case though. I kind of liked that the MC might have worked that out yet the story on that part was not crystal clear... made me wonder a little more deeply about the MC's knowledge and actions.

• There is no indication of returning the original church's keys after duplicating them, despite that MC tells explicitely that he should bring them back quickly in order that the nun do not notice it.
Yeah I went back to the table to return the keys too... but could not, was a little confusing and made the story feel disjointed.

Then, little missing things/bugs:
  • When in grinding mode (for Beatrice, for example), it's sometimes very frustrating to be forced to go home in order to skip time... The top/left icon bar is displayed on the map, BUT without the time skip button... Is it possible to add it? Or better, get this icon panel always visible?
While I agree with everything else you say... I want to reinforce this point.. skipping time should also be available on the map screen, and everywhere if it's technically possible. (outside of conversations and interactions of course.

• Got a LOT of Ren'Py errors (ignored and everything went fine) while in the crypt or with Sage (in crypt, near everytime I collected an item). Just read that a controller can cause problems - I have two connected... Most of them are related to a "unicode" object. I didn't tried the 0.5.5 however, it was with the beta. Feel free to ask if you want more informations and/or traces.

And again, thanks for this game.
Pretty sure the latest patch addressed this, it's mentioned in several posts.

Reactions: Wisblade

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
Take a deep breath buddy. I will be adding more hints in the next update for the area you just mentioned. Sometimes it's very difficult to predict with games like these as some people find it super easy and breeze through it in 10 minutes while some may miss seemingly obvious things. But I there are certain improvements I'll be making for the case to make it even more intuitive.

Regarding where you're stuck, I'm not sure what you're missing but I'm guessing you did not observe (eye icon) the nuns properly. You might want to check out Miriam's neck and Delilah's hand.
i did both, because i remember doing them specifically. i will be super vague but you will know what im talking about, i have all of the hints, like items that need to be found, and things and places that need to be observed. and i have also observed the girls and things they should or should not have on their person. i spent probably 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do after talking to everyone but im going to try again cause, i want to clear this area.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I presumed this was the "tickle" on victoria's neck when you hug her outside the convent, I was not watching the screen carefully enough to know if the image reflects this though. I'm thinking the MC is well aware of who she is at this point and is playing dumb.

This might not be the case though. I kind of liked that the MC might have worked that out yet the story on that part was not crystal clear... made me wonder a little more deeply about the MC's knowledge and actions.
Since MC wasn't aware that Victoria is the Mother Superior, it makes no sense to inject her the device at this time - she's a nobody... Definitively, there is a glitch there. As I said, maybe it's a missing condition somewhere which triggers something BEFORE it should be triggered... And for MC playing dumb... I think he's REALLY dumb - despite putting him as "intellectual", he clearly is sometimes really a dumbass. If he had oversee who she is, a text line should have indicated it, but he clearly brags about himself.

While I agree with everything else you say... I want to reinforce this point.. skipping time should also be available on the map screen, and everywhere if it's technically possible. (outside of conversations and interactions of course.
That's my point of view too. Also, when in church, it's a bit "long" to get out of there... Having the icon panel visible would allow to "jump out" this place instantly, while currently it requires a lot of clicks just to... get out.

Pretty sure the latest patch addressed this, it's mentioned in several posts.
Probably, didn't tested it yet... I simply kept the beta for now, "just in case", and I'll apply the 0.5.5 if MoolahMilk don't need tracebacks. My current configuration triggers the problem easily, so... As a developper myself, I know that it's often a pain in the ass to squish a bug when you can't reproduct it 100% of time.

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
Since MC wasn't aware that Victoria is the Mother Superior, it makes no sense to inject her the device at this time - she's a nobody... Definitively, there is a glitch there. As I said, maybe it's a missing condition somewhere which triggers something BEFORE it should be triggered... And for MC playing dumb... I think he's REALLY dumb - despite putting him as "intellectual", he clearly is sometimes really a dumbass. If he had oversee who she is, a text line should have indicated it, but he clearly brags about himself.
To me, it came off as the MC play-acting as a dumbass the entire time. I thought he was pretty suspicious of Victoria from the moment he notices that someone is stalking him... I think there's a reason that we can see her when the MC looks back to take notice of who's on the street and who's on the train. That said, it probably could have been done better, unless Moolah plans on like a big reveal later where the MC unveils that he's been not-retarded the entire time, and Moolah does a flashback sequence.

I'm pretty sure that he injected the device in her when he hugged her, as someone mentioned earlier, and that the player is supposed to be in the dark about the MC's actual thoughts and motivations during those scenes until the reveal. It's actually kinda interesting for a VN, almost like a TV series that requires multiple viewings to catch all the foreshadowing.

Last edited:

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Is there a save file right where v5 starts? I have so little time for hobbies/relaxing as it is thanks to my job, its always crushing to have to restart from the beginning. Its not so bad when you can skip text in most games but in a open world clickable game like this one, skip text isnt useful when you have to stop and move around the map, talk to people in certain orders based on info from the very text you skipped lol..even with the partial walkthrough to catch back up to the new content is rough.

Does anyone have a save? Ill find a way to edit the name.

Reactions: viclog1

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Attaching below the v0.3.3 In-Game Choice Mod
Which can also be found on my .

Feature:
  • Highlights the best choice in Green.
  • Displays the stats gained:
    • If Positive Effect (+) Pink.
    • If Negative Effect (-) Purple.
  • Otherwise it's a free pick.
Please note, that Karma in this game affects the personality of the MC towards a given character. Which will either be more loving/caring (+ Karma) or Corrupt/aggressive (- Karma).

IMPORTANT: This mod won't instruct you on what to do / what's the next step. It will only provide help with the dialogue choices so you could rest easy when making that decision.

Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does your mod work with game ver. 0.5.5? :)

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
Hey its no problem man. I understand ur frustration. Plenty of other games to enjoy in the meantime.
Indeed. No problem at all.

But dont you find it ironic that u mentioned decency and empathy? lol. U do realise someone is spending hours to create content that you're consuming for free while you are giving absolutely nothing in return right? I dunno. How do you think a person with empathy and decency would respond?

Just a simple thought experiment. The developer is providing you value by creating entertainment and content for you. If the dev dies tomorrow, the content disappears. Thats value.

What value do u give in return? Value doesnt have to be financial. It could be in terms of support or being positive. Plenty of free players provide immense support in the form of motivation/gratitude/spreading the word so more patrons join etc etc that cannot be quantified by money. "Hey i cant support you on patreon but thanks so much for the game!" "Here are some bugs u missed. Maybe u could try this next time!".

Or in your case "Aww pretty dissapointed we have to replay the game! But man your game is great and i loved it. Hope u dont encounter too much problems next time so that we can have smooth development in future! Good luck! Ps, can i please get a save file? Sorry for the trouble."

Simple words like that provide immense value and gives a huge incentive for the dev to listen to your feedback and who knows? U might just get a save file!

Value. The world is built upon a natural value exchange system. Nothing comes for free and nobody owes you anything.

If a patron dies, the dev just lost a couple extra dollars a month. Thats value. If a supportive player dies, the dev just lost someone who might share or hype the game or give important feedback. Thats value.

Even f95 zone, a website whose sole purpose of existence is to leak other peoples hard work and pirate things for free...understands the concept of value.
F95zone provides developers with valuable exposure, allows developers to control their own threads, run developer competitions and open developer forums so that new people can be encouraged to start their own indie game so that this small community can grow and flourish. That's value.

Yes, even the biggest pirate of them all understands and provides value too.

But what about you? What would change if you died tomorrow? And if nothing changes then do you think it matters if u play the game or not?

Well...something would change. There would be one less entitled person spreading negativity. Now thats value.

Just some food for thought ;)
Let me say one little thing: an happy fanbase, that's value.

In my case, I'm happy with the work of a dozen of devs and I fund them every single month, with some other in rotation: no pirates here (or not so much).
That's the way it works: the player is happy, the dev is happy, everyone is happy and that's good for business. Values.

And on this forum, as you say, it's the same thing: the fan spread joyful tidings, the dev gains funders, and that's business too.

But is not always Christmas. If the player it's not happy with something that should be a warning bell for the dev, maybe (only maybe) is the signal that something could be managed differently.

I'm not saying that you should obey every fan littlest whim. I'm saying: please look at the other devs, and what they do to maintain an happy fanbase, paying or not paying.

There are games that require a restart? Oh, a whole lot of them. But in most cases they are VN games, something that can be played quickly pressing ctrl and choosing right at crossroads. And even with that, many devs provide a savegame or start a whole new "part 2".

Yours is a much more complex game, and required hours and hours for progressing with it.
I think that that time too is a value.

It would have killed you providing a full savegame? Only that.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 172 Votes