Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
I cannot believe I did not see it before. MoolahMilk. It's all in the name. He is MILKING us for the MOOLAH.

In all seriousness though, for anyone wondering, there is still no word on his Patreon. I don't bother going into the Discord especially after seeing those whiny posts. Someone said it earlier that he's making about $4000 per month off of Patreon. I'm not sure where he lives but in most places in Georgia, that is enough to live on so he has plenty of motivation. People are forgetting that we are not only waiting for 0.9 but 0.8 isn't even finished yet. We haven't received an update since October I believe. My plan is to get this last update and then peace out from there and download it from here or somewhere else. I like the game and have been following and supporting it for some time now but there are plenty of other developers that treat their patrons better. I already support Caribdis and am interested in either Fidless or Faerin once I stop subbing to Moolah. It saddens me that this is where we are at because I really do enjoy the game and despite everything I do hope it succeeds.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
where is the 1.0 update its already pass to newyear
Sure, sounds like someone got ghosted (the Patreons) as they posted this info December 5th.

TIER 1 (HK,WM) - 18th DEC

TIER 2 (DEVIANT, ANOM) - 24th DEC

TIER 3 (REBEL, CITIZEN) - 30th DEC

D.A 1.0 SEASON FINALE - ANNOUNCED ON NEW YEAR!
I may be dumb, but it sure looks like none of those tiers got the release.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Sure, sounds like someone got ghosted (the Patreons) as they posted this info December 5th.

I may be dumb, but it sure looks like none of those tiers got the release.
where is the 1.0 update its already pass to newyear
In short: Dev had low-key mental breakdown, posted a humongous rant on discord (saying he's too fed up to even post on patreon), and made vague promises on making the game better.

I personally think that Deviant Anomalies is gonna end up like Hero Harem Guild - good game, excellent visuals, just a fucking long wait. Except unlike Komisari, MoolahMilk is setting up impossible deadlines and then breaking them. MoolahMilk should just take the Komisari route and be honest that it takes a fucking long time to update the game, and stop posting deadlines that he'll break anyway :)

Reactions: Blake639

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
In short: Dev had low-key mental breakdown, posted a humongous rant on discord (saying he's too fed up to even post on patreon), and made vague promises on making the game better.

I personally think that Deviant Anomalies is gonna end up like Hero Harem Guild - good game, excellent visuals, just a fucking long wait. Except unlike Komisari, MoolahMilk is setting up impossible deadlines and then breaking them. MoolahMilk should just take the Komisari route and be honest that it takes a fucking long time to update the game, and stop posting deadlines that he'll break anyway :)
Alright, I got the game awhile back, don't think I ever started, and happened to come by the thread before Christmas to see an update was coming. I've been half ass following the thread, seen that post about an update coming basically New Year. Noticed on Patreon no one got an update, so wasn't sure what was up.

NinjaHanzo

Aug 18, 2020
And thats why i will never support a game on patreon.

I dont have any problem in buy finished games in Steam (I have over 200 games there) but this "developers" are so unprofessional and so disrespectful with their own supporters, that i feel like they dont deserve a dime at all, at least until they finish their games.

You go to the real world and you fail a timeline without even apologizing or giving a proper explanation at the right time and they will fired you in every f... job, that or you will lose all your customers.

In the videogame sector we have companies like EA, Activision, making fun of costumers without any repercusion, so seems like this developers also understand that we (videogames customers) are a joke so they can do whatever they want and if they dont feel like giving a explanation, thats also fine.

Well, of course they can do whatever they want, but not with my support. (At least until the game isnt finished, or it is an amazing an stable game like Being a DIK)

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
MoolahMilk As someone who isn't paying for the privilege of playing your game, a "take it with a grain of salt" word of advice: Ignore the haters. Make a game that you're proud of that makes you feel good about yourself. If people share your love for the game and want to give you money in appreciation, all the better.

I'd hate to see another promising artist burnout due to the nature of the internet. Keep up the good work, don't let the criticisms get you down, and I look forward to your next release!

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
MoolahMilk As someone who isn't paying for the privilege of playing your game, a "take it with a grain of salt" word of advice: Ignore the haters. Make a game that you're proud of that makes you feel good about yourself. If people share your love for the game and want to give you money in appreciation, all the better.

I'd hate to see another promising artist burnout due to the nature of the internet. Keep up the good work, don't let the criticisms get you down, and I look forward to your next release!
Its because you're not paying that you're able to not "be a hater" as you word it.
I can't speak for patrons since I'm not part of that community, but as far as I'm aware, the patrons aren't hating on his game.
Yeah some don't like the puzzles, but we've got cheats and guides to go around that. What patrons are complaining about is lack of consistent, quality progress updates (as in actual information on the progress of the game, not just ramblings)
I'm not talking about actual game updates, but just progress update posts. A lot of devs take a really long time to output new versions, but not all of them get called milkers since they give consistent update posts to show their progress.

The people that don't pay, are mostly complaining about lack of info as well, which results in people calling the dev a milker cuz its just gaps of no communication.

Majority of people aren't hating on the game, giving criticism is not hate. If you were paying for his product, your opinion would be very different. A lot of us want this game to succeed, because the content we've received so far has been pretty high quality.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
I don't know how Moolah can talk about creating "the perfect game" at the rate it's going. He's been at it for almost 2.5 years now and the first case we're working on isn't even done yet. There are 0 scenes with Mia, Sophie and Moon. Sage, well, one scene a year or so ago and you can't really call that progress, because since then, that character's been shelved and forgotten. Heard there's a party going on, too, that hasn't been finished yet. (which was, as far as I remember, only put into the game to get the coomers to quiet down)

Of course he'll "burn out". He's in a fucking hole. The scope of this game is way beyond what a single dude will be able to achieve (in his free time? He used to do this alongside his job). It's just too much. Too many construction sites to work on, that happen simultaneously in the game now.

The writing alone is difficult as fuck for this game. Writing a detective story alone is difficult. Now add 5 main love interests with all their backgrounds, raison d'êtres, kinks, personalities and weave them in. Now add supernatural elements, like the snow storms, monsters, and girls that can turn invisible. There's also the dead parents. Did you guys know that the mom is supposed to appear at some point, too? Somewhere, Moolah said she's dead - FOR NOW.

Moolah's a fucking baller.

- The story is fucking interesting
- The renders look *chef's kiss*
- The coding is great. What you can do during sex scenes with all those buttons flying around is unique.

But man, he's bad at planning shit out. Because anyone with a brain could've seen this exact scenario happen from a mile away. The patreon model is just so suboptimal for this kind of game. People support you to make progress, and lots of people simply follow the development with great anticipation. How much time will have gone by until *my* (or yours, whoever bothers reading this) favorite girl will finally see meaningful progress, repeatables and have long standing questions answered?

My advice would be to relieve pressure where you have to. Make a great game, not the perfect game. A great game doesn't need these huge events that take 4 updates to finish, or more. Connect strands. None of the girls are involved with the detective work, or that party (yet?). That is, of course, if the amount of money the game makes is important to you. People aren't waiting for George R.R. Martin to finish his books, and they will only keep getting more and more frustrated with what's happening right now until they stop bothering.

And if money doesn't matter and it's your story you want to tell in the perfect game you want to make, then be open about it. Stop making deadlines and asking for feedback, because clearly, these things don't matter to you. Keep the patreon running, tell people that you're doing what the fuck you want and that money isn't an incentive for you to deliver timely updates or the kind of updates people are hoping to get. And tell them it might take 6, 8, 11 or maybe even 15 years to finish this story. But will you yourself be motivated to keep working on this for that long?

Last edited:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I don't know how Moolah can talk about creating "the perfect game" at the rate it's going. He's been at it for almost 2.5 years now and the first case we're working on isn't even done yet. There are 0 scenes with Mia, Sophie and Moon. Sage, well, one scene a year or so ago and you can't really call that progress, because since then, that character's been shelved and forgotten. Heard there's a party going on, too, that hasn't been finished yet.

Of course he'll "burn out". He's in a fucking hole. The scope of this game is way beyond what a single dude will be able to achieve (in his free time? He used to do this alongside his job). It's just too much. Too many construction sites to work on, that happen simultaneously in the game now.

The writing alone is difficult as fuck for this game. Writing a detective story alone is difficult. Now add 5 main love interests with all their backgrounds, raison d'êtres, kinks, personalities and weave them in. Now add supernatural elements, like the snow storms, monsters, and girls that can turn invisible. There's also the dead parents. Did you guys know that the mom is supposed to appear at some point, too? Somewhere, Moolah said she's dead - FOR NOW.

Moolah's a fucking baller.

- The story is fucking interesting
- The renders look *chef's kiss*
- The coding is great. What you can do during sex scenes with all those buttons flying around is unique.

But man, he's bad at planning shit out. Because anyone with a brain could've seen this exact scenario happen from a mile away. The patreon model is just so suboptimal for this kind of game. People support you to make progress, and lots of people simply follow the development with great anticipation. How much time will have gone by until *my* (or yours, whoever bothers reading this) favorite girl will finally see meaningful progress, repeatables and have long standing questions answered?

My advice would be to relieve pressure where you have to. Make a great game, not the perfect game. A great game doesn't need these huge events that take 4 updates to finish, or more. Connect strands. None of the girls are involved with the detective work, or that party (yet?). That is, of course, if the amount of money the game makes is important to you. People aren't waiting for George R.R. Martin to finish his books, and they will only keep getting more and more frustrated with what's happening right now until they stop bothering.

And if money doesn't matter and it's your story you want to tell in the perfect game you want to make, then be open about it. Stop making deadlines and asking for feedback, because clearly, these things don't matter to you. Keep the patreon running, tell people that you're doing what the fuck you want and that money isn't an incentive for you to deliver timely updates or the kind of updates people are hoping to get. And tell them it might take 6, 8, 11 or maybe even 15 years to finish this story. But will you yourself be motivated to keep working on this for that long?
Is there still no progress with Mia and Sophia!? After two years!? They haven't just taken a backseat they're in the trunk at the bottom of a lake! :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes