• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There were some random chatter about other games, but this is the gist of it.
I don't know what you guys think, but I'm seeing a "woe is me, gamedev hard" pattern emerge.

And unless I remember incorrectly,
was the whole years update production. Which were two buggy as hell updates with literally only side content in it.
Meanwhile,

But yeah, just hang tight, speed is my energy, games are bipolar. Whatever the fuck that means.
Tl;dr: don't get scammed.
A gamedev is a liar and a manipulator_in_try, it's so simple.

Wolfdragon20

Nov 8, 2021

There were some random chatter about other games, but this is the gist of it.
I don't know what you guys think, but I'm seeing a "woe is me, gamedev hard" pattern emerge.

And unless I remember incorrectly,
was the whole years update production. Which were two buggy as hell updates with literally only side content in it.
Meanwhile,

But yeah, just hang tight, speed is my energy, games are bipolar. Whatever the fuck that means.
Tl;dr: don't get scammed.
bummer the dev is going this route, i enjoyed the game.

Reactions: Jarul

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
I was and still am a patron of this game. I’m only on the $5 tier and ho boy am I glad of that because I don’t think it would sit well with me to pay more. Not because the game is bad because it isn’t. Quite the opposite. However this is the 3rd time since I’ve been a patron that he’s missed a deadline with silence. His Patreon is def filled with more displeased people than it used to be and you can tell who the newbies are cause they take up for him. Unless this update is amazing, as we still need the rest of .8, and comes out before the end of January, this will be my last month.

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
I was and still am a patron of this game. I’m only on the $5 tier and ho boy am I glad of that because I don’t think it would sit well with me to pay more. Not because the game is bad because it isn’t. Quite the opposite. However this is the 3rd time since I’ve been a patron that he’s missed a deadline with silence. His Patreon is def filled with more displeased people than it used to be and you can tell who the newbies are cause they take up for him. Unless this update is amazing, as we still need the rest of .8, and comes out before the end of January, this will be my last month.
As his ex-patron I totally agree what you wroted with.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Every time I check in on this game it gets worse and worse lol.

The way that dude types pisses me off for some reason. Too much woe is me and comparing himself to other games/devs. It's kind of interesting watching one of these projects get fumbled and become a train wreck in real time. I feel like I'm usually late to the party on those.

I'm (typically) not one to shit on developers and such but I just get bad vibes from this whole thing now. Though tbh I'm more pissed about a sandbox game getting split up into "seasons" more than anything. Sigh.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Every time I check in on this game it gets worse and worse lol.

The way that dude types pisses me off for some reason. Too much woe is me and comparing himself to other games/devs. It's kind of interesting watching one of these projects get fumbled and become a train wreck in real time. I feel like I'm usually late to the party on those.

I'm (typically) not one to shit on developers and such but I just get bad vibes from this whole thing now. Though tbh I'm more pissed about a sandbox game getting split up into "seasons" more than anything. Sigh.
Its such a shame because I really like his art, rendering and hell even the UI design is sick.
Story is good (before it siderails to side content), so much potential for more.

The girls are great as well, and so much potential for more fetish content, especially with all the superpowers.

Especially the superpowers and fantasy/horror elements, this game could've been so much more if the dev was more flexible with his game development
Puzzle and quest system is weird, also trying to introduce multiple route branches, just creates so much overhead. Puzzle system could be way more intuitive while not requiring players to either spend hours to figure it out or resort to guides (and I am pretty sure they said once they don't want to add a no-minigames mode since it wasn't what they wanted in their game, I may be wrong on that though)

I understand wanting to make a game that's more than just an adult game, but I feel like there are better approaches to what he wants to do. I am not a game dev yet so I won't speak negatively on his approach, but feels like from a casual's pov, hes trying to do too much in one game.
Makes me so sad cuz theres so much I love in this game, could've been up there with Eternum, Ripples and Mist in the adult scifi/fantasy genre.

This game has at least taught me what not to do if I ever want to get into creating my own adult games.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Its such a shame because I really like his art, rendering and hell even the UI design is sick.
That's the real frustrating thing because I agree. The game certainly had/has potential, and the dev has a pretty good Patreon backing even with the delays and stuff. People like the game.

I'm not a dev either but I feel like there's a really simple solution: stop giving release dates. I guarantee if the dev could produce even one decent update every 6 months without giving bullshit estimates and such, a lot more people would be happy. The dev can shoot for the stars in what they want to put into their game, all people want is consistency more or less.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
And unless I remember incorrectly, was the whole years update production. Which were two buggy as hell updates with literally only side content in it.
Meanwhile, his Patreon almost doubled since last year.
Well this clearly show this game is dead at this stage. Again and again we see this pattern when people support on Patreon more and more while Devs work less and less. It happened with so many games already :(
I'm sure we would have had many great finished games if Devs were actually incentivized to work and provide content instead other way around... All we can do is imidietaly drop all support if Devs starts being shady. Shame but this is only way.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
That's the real frustrating thing because I agree. The game certainly had/has potential, and the dev has a pretty good Patreon backing even with the delays and stuff. People like the game.

I'm not a dev either but I feel like there's a really simple solution: stop giving release dates. I guarantee if the dev could produce even one decent update every 6 months without giving bullshit estimates and such, a lot more people would be happy. The dev can shoot for the stars in what they want to put into their game, all people want is consistency more or less.
True. I feel this dev is trying to pull a Komisari(HHG) while setting unrealistic deadlines.

MoolahMilk should really just switch over from impossible deadlines to solid communication/documentation that he's making progress :)

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
I think he would benefit from Caribdis approach. He has a piece of artwork that states how far he is with update using a percentage amount as reference with occasional posts along the way.

Reactions: nightwingbluebrry13

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I think he would benefit from Caribdis approach. He has a piece of artwork that states how far he is with update using a percentage amount as reference with occasional posts along the way.
that’s what he is apparently planning to do for season 2 or whatever it’s called. It’s easy for Caribdis to do %, because it’s a linear plot, there isn’t anything complex going on there. So you can just list how far in the script you are for that release.

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
that’s what he is apparently planning to do for season 2 or whatever it’s called. It’s easy for Caribdis to do %, because it’s a linear plot, there isn’t anything complex going on there. So you can just list how far in the script you are for that release.
Good point. I was just trying to think of something he could do in order to communicate without actually communicating since that's his weakness. It would certainly mitigate some of the fallout.

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
I'm not a dev either but I feel like there's a really simple solution: stop giving release dates. I guarantee if the dev could produce even one decent update every 6 months without giving bullshit estimates and such, a lot more people would be happy.
Careful with that kind of attitude. I made a similar claim on the Patreon and was met with furious replies from Moolah's White Knights. The worst thing is that this most recent update was stated to be ready to roll out in his last post but we have heard nothing from him.

enzotowib

Sep 4, 2021
I got delayed again with another VN update. It's done but I've been at it for ten hrs straight so I'm taking a meal break and hitting the Crown & Cokes then I'll get back to this project. It's been a very busy year to date so I appreciate the patience of what was going to be "just a gallery" and has turned into a full-blown SanchoMod. It's going to be a beast when done, comparable to BaD SanchoMod if I'm being honest. Regards.

That is from the "old" Mia bathroom scene and is no longer applicable. The code is still there but a new variant is now being used.
Can I ask what is the progress of this update?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can I ask what is the progress of this update?
Good morning. End of each year is always too busy to work on new projects since most devs drop updates for Christmas, etc. I've been non-stop, every single day since Thanksgiving (yes, I worked each winter holiday too) updating what I already have in the public catalog. That said my plate is getting more and more whittled-down. I'll (hopefully obvious) make posts as I have additional progress/teasers available. Working on the most complex VN's has it's drawbacks. They take an exorbitant amount of time to create and maintain, and due to their following require an additional amount of allotted time to create over-the-top new features that raise the bar.

At the end of the day I reckon it can be summed up like this: I'm not pushing out Hundai's in mass numbers with questionable performance and reliability, I'm building custom Restomods with extreme attention to detail and craftsmanship.

Not the answer you want, I know, but I'll always be honest with folks. Regards and know I've not forgot or ignored all these side projects.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes