VirgoLa

Mar 11, 2022
Developers are defrauding sponsors of sponsorship fees like deceiving children, you should wake up.
I'm not signed by a non-developer, and I'm not going to support him until he releases an update. I have already asked you many times, what are you trying to prove to me? For what purpose are you doing this? Against support? Then don't support it. You can support when the update comes out, then unsubscribe again before the next one comes out.

Aaazzztt

Dec 9, 2021
MoolahMilk โพสต์: 4465072 สมาชิก: 2991345 said:
เฮ้พวกมันขึ้น มันเป็นงานที่หนักแต่ฉันก็สนุกกับการทำมันอย่างมาก! ช่วงเวลาแห่งความสนุกและการดึงผม ฉันตั้งหน้าตั้งตารอที่จะทำงานในโปรเจ็กต์นี้ในช่วงที่เหลือของปีและปีต่อๆ ไป ส่งท้ายปีเส็งเคร็งกันโครมคราม! สนุกสุดเหวี่ยง!

แสดงความรักและอยู่อย่างปลอดภัย

อย่างไรก็ตาม ลิงก์ เพิ่งขึ้นมา คุณสามารถพูดคุยเกี่ยวกับเกมได้อย่างอิสระที่นั่น โปรดให้ข้อเสนอแนะและรายงานข้อผิดพลาดของคุณที่นั่นด้วย มันง่ายกว่าสำหรับฉันที่จะติดต่อกับพวกคุณเช่นกันเมื่อฉันอยู่บนท้องถนน:ขำ:
[/อ้าง]
พี่ครับเเปลเป็นภาษไทยได้ไหนครับ

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
the message I got in dc is 16th to first tier.
and ver.1.0 is probably the end of this month.
Thanks for sharing this.

I have been following this thread closely after finishing the last version a few weeks ago, without posting anything directly. While I don't care at all about the endless delays since I don't support the dev, I can already understand why so many people are pissed off.

I feel like there's indeed something fishy with the dev. It's not the delays per se but the lack of communication on top of the delays.

I have not been following the development of the game before. I played it at some point in time when there was still a gallery mod, forgot about it and played through the last version very recently. And oh boy I loved every bit of the game, easily in my top 5 games rn. I'm saying that because I started watching this thread closely around the time someone shared the dev long monologue about his plans for the game / how he was burned out etc and I genuinely felt for him and gave him the benefit of the doubt. While I still do, and really want to believe that 0.9 and 1.0 will both have quantitative and qualitative content; I can't help but notice his lack of professionalism by being super vague about his releases dates and not respecting it.

By the time I'm writing this I noticed that he posted today on patreon about new dates (don't have access to the post) I guess that's a positive note. I'd just wish he'd do weekly dev updates like many others dev do, because as of recently I totally understand the general sentiment that he is milking patrons or whatever, especially when he didn't suspend payments for such a long time (from what I gathered).

Once again, no idea how it was with him before this. Don't think all the hate is deserved but maybe my input would have been different if I was following the game sooner no idea. That being said, as of right now, I don't feel like supporting him. Would gladly do if there was minimal transparency with his community.

Last edited:

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
Thanks for sharing this.

I have been following this thread closely after finishing the last version a few weeks ago, without posting anything directly. While I don't care at all about the endless delays since I don't support the dev, I can already understand why so many people are pissed off.

I feel like there's indeed something fishy with the dev. It's not the delays per se but the lack of communication on top of the delays.

I have not been following the development of the game before. I played it at some point in time when there was still a gallery mod, forgot about it and played through the last version very recently. And oh boy I loved every bit of the game, easily in my top 5 games rn. I'm saying that because I started watching this thread closely around the time someone shared the dev long monologue about his plans for the game / how he was burned out etc and I genuinely felt for him and gave him the benefit of the doubt. While I still do, and really want to believe that 0.9 and 1.0 will both have quantitative and qualitative content; I can't help but notice his lack of professionalism by being super vague about his releases dates and not respecting it.

By the time I'm writing this I noticed that he posted today on patreon about new dates (don't have access to the post) I guess that's a positive note. I'd just wish he'd do weekly dev updates like many others dev do, because as of recently I totally understand the general sentiment that he is milking patrons or whatever, especially when he didn't suspend payments for such a long time (from what I gathered).

Once again, no idea how it was with him before this. Don't think all the hate is deserved but maybe my input would have been different if I was following the game sooner no idea. That being said, as of right now, I don't feel like supporting him. Would gladly do if there was minimal transparency with his community.
It's not a new thing among these devs. The meta of western erotic game developers has always been

1. Work hard during the first updates to attract patreon supporters
2. Once achieved over 1k supporters, start drip feeding them with short updates every 6 months or longer. Bonus points if the story never progresses and the main girls don't get action, only random whores
3. Use the covid excuse, family excuse, work/studies while never stopping the patreon because it's fucking free money
4. Patreons are not entitled to anything because they are "donations", as if any of them would simp for an anonymous grown up man blogposting once a month about how busy he is IRL

Once the dev starts procrastinating and having 1 update after 5-6 months, that's a huge red flag. The dev got a taste of the free money and he will keep milking this until everyone drops it.

TideT

Jul 4, 2018
Also unfair to compare the work ethic and consistency of the two devs tbh.
Can't really compare work ethic at all when you aren't watching them work. As for consistency, both have put out great content when updating their games. The only difference between the two is the frequency of updates which has only changed in the last year in regards to Moolah with him having been late with a couple of his most recent updates but Cardibis' updates have also become less frequent since the OiaLT days. It has been 5 months since Moolah's last update you guys are acting like it's been a year.

Reactions: Dooms_y69

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Can't really compare work ethic at all when you aren't watching them work. As for consistency, both have put out great content when updating their games. The only difference between the two is the frequency of updates which has only changed in the last year in regards to Moolah with him having been late with a couple of his most recent updates but Cardibis' updates have also become less frequent since the OiaLT days. It has been 5 months since Moolah's last update you guys are acting like it's been a year.
I don't think people are complaining cuz it takes too long, cuz then they'd complain about Eternum, Pale Carnations, and all the other big guns.

I think people are upset that they give deadlines, but never sticks to those deadlines.
IMO they should just not give deadlines, and should just do weekly progress bars to show development progression.

Jan 5, 2021
So after ghosting everyone, he comes back with a rant. Says "Feb 5th, no Feb 6th... no wait Feb 16th is the release date. 0.9 is already finished, he's working on 1.0 that he plans to release at the end of the month."

What is the point of pulling dates out of his ass if he's just making shit up? 5 Months isn't the end of the world for a quality update, but on discord he just keeps ranting about haters making him change the way he wants to create the game and how they're making him compromise.

It's as easy as stop making deadline promises he can't keep and communicating with progress every few weeks. He puts himself into these stressful situations and blames the fanbase.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
So after ghosting everyone, he comes back with a rant. Says "Feb 5th, no Feb 6th... no wait Feb 16th is the release date. 0.9 is already finished, he's working on 1.0 that he plans to release at the end of the month."

What is the point of pulling dates out of his ass if he's just making shit up? 5 Months isn't the end of the world for a quality update, but on discord he just keeps ranting about haters making him change the way he wants to create the game and how they're making him compromise.

It's as easy as stop making deadline promises he can't keep and communicating with progress every few weeks. He puts himself into these stressful situations and blames the fanbase.
Yep, I don't see why they give themselves public deadlines and put themselves in these situations. If they want deadlines to have a target of completion, just keep it to themselves and show a progress bar to others.

As for the "making him change the way he wants to create the game," the only one I've seen is about the puzzles/minigames (if there's any about making it a VN instead of sandbox, that's just subjective/personal preference, I don't think that needs to be changed, though it would be nice to have a VN option). Personally, I think they should add an option to turn off minigames, though that would just give this dev more work, which they clearly can't handle. Its a shame modders haven't been able to make a walkthrough mod with puzzle helper yet. I personally don't mind the puzzles, I just think making them so complicated to the point where you can spend either actual hours to figure them out, or you need an external walkthrough, is kinda dumb. At the very least if you wanna have a complex puzzle/minigame system, you should have:
1) Toggle to turn the system on/off
2) A hint system
3) A pity/difficulty system to make it not drag out for infinite time
Of course none of these are necessary, and would add more dev time, but if the dev insists on keeping puzzles its something they should consider.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to compromise your product, but then don't complain when others don't like it. If you are making it for others and are expecting them to pay, then you either gotta stick to your product and be satisfied with the people who believe in your vision to pay, or change your product to cater to a larger audience if you aren't satisfied with that.

Reactions: Cernunnos.
4.10 star(s) 172 Votes