TideT

Jul 4, 2018
I don't think people are complaining cuz it takes too long, cuz then they'd complain about Eternum, Pale Carnations, and all the other big guns.

I think people are upset that they give deadlines, but never sticks to those deadlines.
IMO they should just not give deadlines, and should just do weekly progress bars to show development progression.
Issue with weekly progress bars is they would need to know roughly how much content will be in the update and where the update will end. Clearly that is a bit on an issue for Moolah (and other sandbox game devs). Moolah has stated themselves that they underestimated the work that needs to be done on a sandbox game. An approach similar to DPC might be the right way for sandbox games progress to be tracked. Just give numbers and estimates of scenes remaining when close to the end of the cycle. DPC doesn't give out a release date until the update is about to go into testing/has been testing for a couple of days. That's why he's considered reliable. Moolah gives deadlines (perhaps as motivation?) and misses them seemingly due to underestimating what work is remaining.

The update will be out when it is ready. Progress bars don't really mean much; they give us an idea of what/how much work has gone into an update and maybe help devs keep track of the work they've done. Deadlines should be set when it is certain that it will be released on time. Moolah needs to work on his deadlines maybe even stay away from setting them for a while and just throw out a couple of updates without setting dates until he gets back into the routine.

Reactions: Phase_01

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
Can't really compare work ethic at all when you aren't watching them work. As for consistency, both have put out great content when updating their games. The only difference between the two is the frequency of updates which has only changed in the last year in regards to Moolah with him having been late with a couple of his most recent updates but Cardibis' updates have also become less frequent since the OiaLT days. It has been 5 months since Moolah's last update you guys are acting like it's been a year.
5 months is almost HALF a year. Half a year with only one progress note does not bode well. Especially when that progress winds up being false.

the_beggar

Jul 1, 2020
I doubt someone here is paying him 75-100 bucks, gotta wait a week or so.
While I believe that his renders are of top-tier quality, the negative feedback presented in this thread leads me to conclude that supporting his game would not be worthwhile, and suggests that he is indeed fulfilling the less impressive aspects of his moniker. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic that someone in this community may be inclined to share the game.

VirgoLa

Mar 11, 2022
While I believe that his renders are of top-tier quality, the negative feedback presented in this thread leads me to conclude that supporting his game would not be worthwhile, and suggests that he is indeed fulfilling the less impressive aspects of his moniker. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic that someone in this community may be inclined to share the game.
It would be possible to raise money by a group of people, given that another update will be released soon.

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
What a scumm! He did promised a free claim to all tiers for august (ex-patreons), when he promised this update for october, and I know that because I was his patron untill the end of september.
Did he actually reject your claim for it? It would be an extremely dumb move, it's a great chance to win some trust back from his old patrons

Last edited:

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
Did he actually reject your claim for it? It would be an extremely dumb move, it's a great chance to win some trust back from his old patrons
I did not even tried to claim it. The point is in that he promised a free claim to all tiers as an apology for such a long delay.

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
I mean fuck it, why not? Try to claim, see what happens.
I actually did, after the end of my Patreon subscription in September and early October. His words: "PM me on Discord." His thoughts: "Hehe ... sucker! I will never answer you!". All in all, I want nothing to do with that form of existence. That's why I'm not claiming this update. I was a second tier.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes