Lockyn87

Oct 6, 2018
Unfortunately not. MoolahMilk hasn't been responsive, or communicated anything for months. He's been lurking on discord but [busy] , and even the mods there changed the bots to relay that it's been abandoned. Without the dev, no real hope in sight. I hope everything is okay, but yeah sadly this seems like we might have lost another great title.
Thanks for that.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I agree. Moolah could just point where the plot's direction should go, and the new dev would do the heavy work
I think a dev who cared about this project, was even just a decent writer, and was familiar with the initial premise of the game could probably do a better job of making this game than the original dev did. The game did very little to follow any aspects of the story hooks dropped in the original synopsis for the game, so probably the fewer notes from Moolah the better

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I see this a lot but that's not how it works.

Devs own the rights to their game. The only way someone could take it over is either by getting (pref in writing) permission to take over or parody it by changing it enough so it doesn't resemble the original.

The only way to carry it on as it is would be to do it completely free. No donations, no patreon, no subscribestar no money coming in at all.

We've all got games we'd like to see carry on but it just doesn't work like that.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Yeah, if the dev won't even respond to supporters, they're definitely not going to want to deal with the tedious process of transferal of permissions and assets to another dev/team who wants to take over the game

Apr 2, 2021
I don't get why some people just succinctly assume that the dev is even WILLING to do things such as let someone else take over, given his track record of being an absolute greedy milker.

Right now without releasing a single update in six months the subscriber count on his patreon is still more than 1k. If this thing can generate him more than 4k USD of income without any bit of effort why should he do ANYTHING that could jeopardize this lucrative gold mine.

He will not announce anything. He will not update anything. He will not transfer anything to anybody. Hanging carrots in front of all the newcomers who just stumble upon the game and hoping for update one day. Hoard this assets like dragon hoarding their golds and count the money until it dries up one day. Only then he will take any bit of action.

It's all business.

Anmuxi

Jul 5, 2021
I don't get why some people just succinctly assume that the dev is even WILLING to do things such as let someone else take over, given his track record of being an absolute greedy milker.

Right now without releasing a single update in six months the subscriber count on his patreon is still more than 1k. If this thing can generate him more than 4k USD of income without any bit of effort why should he do ANYTHING that could jeopardize this lucrative gold mine.

He will not announce anything. He will not update anything. He will not transfer anything to anybody. Hanging carrots in front of all the newcomers who just stumble upon the game and hoping for update one day. Hoard this assets like dragon hoarding their golds and count the money until it dries up one day. Only then he will take any bit of action.

It's all business.
Yeah, very sober and sensible answer to the question, if I'm not doing anything and I'm receiving over $5,000 a month, why am I doing all this and what's the point of doing it?:sneaky:(y)

DDD72

Dec 17, 2019
Catching flies, in his mouth...
Tasting freedom, while he can.
You can find him out amongst the pigeons, in the square
In the square.
He won't see the sun again for years to come...
He's broken out of love.

Last edited:

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021

It's all business.
Right and if he "transfers" anything who's to say it isn't an alt account of his own making only hoping to cash in on content he's done in the meantime.

Gauge13

Apr 7, 2018
I guess we can only hope that his Patreon numbers dwindle low enough that he gets off his lazy ass and puts out an update. Looking at his stats he has been losing 300-500 patreons a month and then gaining about half back throughout the month. It seems likely that he will fall below the 1000 patreon mark when September comes as he now sits at 1257 to date. At his peak he had around 2200 patreons so you would have to think his revenue has been at minimum halved since his disappearance.

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
I mean, there is also the possibility something actually happened to him. He hasn't been active here since March, which is when he stopped updating the patreon or replying on discord as well.
For all we know he may be dead and we're here talking shit about him.
Even if it's not something that serious, I talked with him back when the game was gaining traction and he seemed too into it/passionate about making it good to be just wanting to scam people. Hell, the effort that went into it visually compared to the usual Honey Select game already makes me doubt he stopped updating just because "making money, why work lmao" and not because some situation is keeping him from it. Usually milkers do update their patreon every couple months to reassure the rubes that the game is totally bring worked on (usually saying they're revamping early parts of the game).

pigg

Jun 15, 2018
I mean, there is also the possibility something actually happened to him. He hasn't been active here since March, which is when he stopped updating the patreon or replying on discord as well.
Even if it's not something that serious, I talked with him back when the game was gaining traction and he seemed too into it/passionate about making it good to be just wanting to scam people. Hell, the effort that went into it visually compared to the usual Honey Select game already makes me doubt he stopped updating just because "making money, why work lmao" and not because some situation is keeping him from it. Usually milkers do update their patreon every couple months to reassure the rubes that the game is totally bring worked on (usually saying they're revamping early parts of the game).
Moolah has been lurking here after March, but has since disabled "online status" in his account, presumably to be left alone.

There are many reasons to go AWOL. It's better to just wait and see if he returns.

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
the way he acted when he last communicated on this forum: i'm not giving him the benefit of doubt. i would also be more inclined to feel empathetic towards him and whether something has indeed happened to him or not would be if he stopped accepting patreon money for doing literally nothing. at least early gave revamp is a plausible excuse for some ppl for a while.

nah man, Jestur (the dev of Ripples) took the time and effort to inform his patrons about his health issues and the surgery he had, and while ppl were unhappy sure, 0.5 of that game is pretty good, with a clear amount of effort put into it. the last 3 updates moolah put out dont combine for 30 minutes even without holding skip. things wont ever change until devs are held accountable for acting this way on patreon, just look at icstor whos back to like 6k subs...

damarck

Jun 1, 2020
I mean he is more often than not on his discord, not responsive though.

Apr 2, 2021
If this is the very first time he pulled such vanishing act, sure you can speculate this way. Heck, even for a second time you can excuse him. But no, this is probably the third or fourth time he completed the cycle of:

disappear - come back announcing an update is ready and coming - start posting official dates of release on patreon to lure people into subscribing - disappear and ghost everyone on the promised release day - come back after months to release a buggy 30 mins update, which clearly does not justify the 9 months dev time - promise the next update will make up to it - disappear again.

He has been doing this since late 2021. This game only received 3 or 4 updates since 2021 and none of the previous plots got completed. Mia arc. Sophia arc. Church case. All waiting for a continuation but guess what he did with the last update in Feb (which was a delayed 0.9 announced all the way back in December 2022)? He added more characters and opened new arcs. On top of that he will lectured everyone in the discord saying how he envisioned this perfect game, dodged all the questions coming at him asking why he would repeatedly lie to patreon about having an update ready to release, banned everyone who question him about his behaviours on discord, came to this forum and went rampage because people left him low star reviews while screaming he couldn't care less about what people here think, and makes about 50 promises like how he would do season 2 after complete 1.0 or whatsoever.

He then went completely MIA since March and now the official discord bot is set to response "the game is abandoned" to any question on the discord.

No one will bash an honest dev for not delivering it once in a while. But a repeated offender with no intention to communicate and acting like a total jerk like this one here? I would say he deserves it 100%.

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
If this is the very first time he pulled such vanishing act, sure you can speculate this way. Heck, even for a second time you can excuse him. But no, this is probably the third or fourth time he completed the cycle of:

disappear - come back announcing an update is ready and coming - start posting official dates of release on patreon to lure people into subscribing - disappear and ghost everyone on the promised release day - come back after months to release a buggy 30 mins update, which clearly does not justify the 9 months dev time - promise the next update will make up to it - disappear again.

He has been doing this since late 2021. This game only received 3 or 4 updates since 2021 and none of the previous plots got completed. Mia arc. Sophia arc. Church case. All waiting for a continuation but guess what he did with the last update in Feb (which was a delayed 0.9 announced all the way back in December 2022)? He added more characters and opened new arcs. On top of that he will lectured everyone in the discord saying how he envisioned this perfect game, dodged all the questions coming at him asking why he would repeatedly lie to patreon about having an update ready to release, banned everyone who question him about his behaviours on discord, came to this forum and went rampage because people left him low star reviews while screaming he couldn't care less about what people here think, and makes about 50 promises like how he would do season 2 after complete 1.0 or whatsoever.

He then went completely MIA since March and now the official discord bot is set to response "the game is abandoned" to any question on the discord.

No one will bash an honest dev for not delivering it once in a while. But a repeated offender with no intention to communicate and acting like a total jerk like this one here? I would say he deserves it 100%.
I see that I was misinformed then. I wasn't aware he did this kind of thing several times before.
A shame, really.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes