VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviant Desires [v0.5] [PingPanda]

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes

mamlas55

May 16, 2018
Game too many times crashed on
---
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'aname'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "aunt_trip.rpyc", line 19, in script
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 990, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
DeviantDesires V0.1
Wed Aug 01 00:45:09 2018
---

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Game too many times crashed on
---
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "aunt_trip.rpyc", line 19, in script
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 990, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\tata\Downloads\t\DeviantDesires-0.1-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
DeviantDesires V0.1
Wed Aug 01 00:45:09 2018
---
Did you use an old save?...if so start a fresh game.

Aug 16, 2017
this game just seems to go backwards. the first release was as long as this and that was BEFORE all the reworking.
and reading the changelog there will be even more?
come back in a year? dayum that's really really REALLY ambitious from the dev considering how long it has already taken to go so little distance.....:frown:

Reactions: swammy

dewr

May 15, 2018
Interesting game, nice work PingPanda. This kind of stuff is what's making me want to learn how to make games like this. Is there a chance that at least one or even all of the female characters getting pregnant in a future update?

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I've played through the game, found the younger sister issue but no matter which way I play the game i don't get the kitchen issue, what options did you choose?
After finishing work, I talked to the secretary then entered the office kitchen to see if anything was available. From the office kitchen I clicked on the map and went home, and every scene afterwards defaulted to the office kitchen background.

Also, a long list of issues?...you said 2 things, hardly long.
I also ran into all the thingss Lorric17 found in his post quoted below. I imagine you found his feedback more helpful than mine :).

The "oh and also... sigh..." was meant to suggest that there were a lot more problems but that I didn't want to keep writing a list. I had just run into the bug where the sister asks you to look at her outfits, then abruptly is sitting in the chair and you do homework together again. So I was pretty frustrated with this game at that point when I made that comment. I'll add that not being able to Load a game or access the Preferences menu when using right-click is a strange decision. Why do that? I had to close the program and reload just to speed up the text. I had to close and restart just to play from a previous save. I mean, it takes work changing the default Ren'Py settings just to create something that almost every player will find annoying.

When you unren the CGs, it suggests there is a lot more content, but since I couldn't even unlock Amanda's changing outfit scene (it jumps to her doing her homework), I gave up. Why release a 1.4 GB v1 when the majority of the CGs are either not part of the game yet or are inaccessible because of buggy gameplay?

v0.1 seems very buggy to me :-(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some stuff that annoys me a bit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Happy to see an end-of-content warning with info, and looking forward to more content.

I've been negative, so here's some positive! The time you spent updated the GUI has been worth it! Navigating around is slick and intuitive. The laptop is easy and efficient compared to the phone system. I really like how you did the affection/domination choice system with the icons. Most importantly, I like how you reworked the girls' characters in the dialogues and descriptions. This is a game I want to enjoy, so I'm looking forward to when it gets there!

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Every time the aunt speaks i get a error i have to press ignore to continue. And i cant read her dialouge. That cant be intended?

Reactions: VOYEUR

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
After finishing work, I talked to the secretary then entered the office kitchen to see if anything was available. From the office kitchen I clicked on the map and went home, and every scene afterwards defaulted to the office kitchen background.

I also ran into all the thingss Lorric17 found in his post quoted below. I imagine you found his feedback more helpful than mine :).

The "oh and also... sigh..." was meant to suggest that there were a lot more problems but that I didn't want to keep writing a list. I had just run into the bug where the sister asks you to look at her outfits, then abruptly is sitting in the chair and you do homework together again. So I was pretty frustrated with this game at that point when I made that comment. I'll add that not being able to Load a game or access the Preferences menu when using right-click is a strange decision. Why do that? I had to close the program and reload just to speed up the text. I had to close and restart just to play from a previous save. I mean, it takes work changing the default Ren'Py settings just to create something that almost every player will find annoying.

When you unren the CGs, it suggests there is a lot more content, but since I couldn't even unlock Amanda's changing outfit scene (it jumps to her doing her homework), I gave up. Why release a 1.4 GB v1 when the majority of the CGs are either not part of the game yet or are inaccessible because of buggy gameplay?

I've been negative, so here's some positive! The time you spent updated the GUI has been worth it! Navigating around is slick and intuitive. The laptop is easy and efficient compared to the phone system. I really like how you did the affection/domination choice system with the icons. Most importantly, I like how you reworked the girls' characters in the dialogues and descriptions. This is a game I want to enjoy, so I'm looking forward to when it gets there!
I just what you said with the kitchen and I now get that error, which is weird as when clicking the town map is supposed to close all work scenes, but doesn't after talking to receptionist then going to kitchen...that's weird, I'll look into it though.

I also didn't see Lorric's post, but I'll go through those to:

"When you enter sister's room and she's on her knees looking for her outfit under the bed, the conversation stops in the middle. That's how it felt at least. Last sentence showed is "But-ermm, what kind of modeling do you think we should start with?". Then conversation ends and she sits at her computer again."

Not got this error myself either, can you tell me what options you picked prior to getting this error?

"Sometimes when going to the city map, you get an error that townmap.rpyc is not found. Click Ignore and the game seems to continue fine."

Also never had this error, need to know what was done prior to getting the error.

"MC is clairvoyant - he arranges for some days off work before he's told that he needs days off for trip with aunt"

MC is told about the trip when going home on the 1st day and see's Aunt and Mom in the kitchen, she asks him there...

As for the things he finds annoying I'll add to my list of stuff to look into.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Every time the aunt speaks i get a error i have to press ignore to continue. And i cant read her dialouge. That cant be intended?
Did you delete old saves and start a fresh?...if so what was you doing prior to this error?

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Not got this error myself either, can you tell me what options you picked prior to getting this error?
I restarted the game three times and this happened every single time. On my first playthrough, I did homework with her on Day 1 and talked to her in the lounge on Day 2, and when I followed her to her bedroom, she's looking under the bed, the dialogue starts about choosing outfits, but then all of sudden she's sitting in her chair and my only option is to click on her and we did homework again. I figured it's obviously a bug, so I reloaded the game and started a new game (seriously, why do you disable the CTRL key to skip previously viewed content? smh), and on Day 1 after work I went into the lounge and talked to her, then went into her bedroom, and the same error occurred. On my third playthrough, I completely ignored her until Day 3... still happened.

You're asking me how I got the error, but I'm asking you how to avoid the error, since I've tried multiple times to view the sister scene without success, each time from a new start without saves.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I restarted the game three times and this happened every single time. On my first playthrough, I did homework with her on Day 1 and talked to her in the lounge on Day 2, and when I followed her to her bedroom, she's looking under the bed, the dialogue starts about choosing outfits, but then all of sudden she's sitting in her chair and my only option is to click on her and we did homework again. I figured it's obviously a bug, so I reloaded the game and started a new game (seriously, why do you disable the CTRL key to skip previously viewed content? smh), and on Day 1 after work I went into the lounge and talked to her, then went into her bedroom, and the same error occurred. On my third playthrough, I completely ignored her until Day 3... still happened.

You're asking me how I got the error, but I'm asking you how to avoid the error, since I've tried multiple times to view the sister scene without success, each time from a new start without saves.
Ahhh, I think I know where the error is occurring, if you recall earlier, you said younger sister is both in her bedroom and the lounge, I think that is where the error is occurring as she isn't supposed to be in her room at this time, to avoid it now try working on the 1st day then don't go into her bedroom straight after work.

I've since fixed the sister in 2 places error so that should also fix this error....I hope :p

I'll also look into the CTRL part, I was working with someone when i started the game and he changed the main functions of renpy so not sure what the issue is, I also have never used CTRL within a renpy game so don't know what it does, to view past scene I normally use my scroll wheel on the mouse.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Found out how to get the error with the aunt. You can acutally play that you miss the part where the aunt visits you at home. So she doesnt gets introduced and boom you get alot of errors. Hope that helps in finding some errors

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Ahhh, I think I know where the error is occurring, if you recall earlier, you said younger sister is both in her bedroom and the lounge, I think that is where the error is occurring as she isn't supposed to be in her room at this time, to avoid it now try working on the 1st day then don't go into her bedroom straight after work.

I've since fixed the sister in 2 places error so that should also fix this error....I hope :p
I'll give that a try... I may have entered her bedroom without talking to her before talking to her in the lounge. Oh, and if you do homework with her on Day 1, you don't ever see the scene with the Aunt, which is why the earlier comment was made about the MC being clairvoyant.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I'll give that a try... I may have entered her bedroom without talking to her before talking to her in the lounge. Oh, and if you do homework with her on Day 1, you don't ever see the scene with the Aunt, which is why the earlier comment was made about the MC being clairvoyant.
Ahhh, I see, I'll look into that now.

Also found the CTRL code that was preventing you from using it, removed it now so all should be good =]

Tenn2017

Mar 9, 2018
I think this has alot of promise but to many execption errors with it. No matter what when from egtting into the car for the trip to everything after errors out

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
So I've fixed the following errors:

1. Work kitchen showing over other dialogues
  2. Younger Sister no longer shows up at her desk after work ( this should also fix the 'Not being able to talk to Aunt issue' and the 'Trying on clothes with younger sister cutting to homework scene' )
  3. CTRL now works.
I can't for the life of me find the issue people seem to be having with the town map though...anyone wanna share how you get into that issue?

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I think this has alot of promise but to many execption errors with it. No matter what when from egtting into the car for the trip to everything after errors out
A few people have told me about this error but the error it self makes no sense.

The "KeyError: u'aname' would indicate that aname isn't a defined character, but it is, therefore it makes no sense.

Do you know what options you went through to get to this error?

dewr

May 15, 2018
I haven't encountered any errors yet, perhaps it might be the machine specs the various players have since everyone have different specs for their machine. If I do encounter any errors I will post them here.

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes