VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviant Desires [v0.5] [PingPanda]

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
After reading reply's after reply after reply I've decided to take a leave from F95, the community offers nothing constructive and therefore I don't feel I need to be here.

I'll start posting a public post to patreon so people can post there constructive comments.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
After reading reply's after reply after reply I've decided to take a leave from F95, the community offers nothing constructive and therefore I don't feel I need to be here.

I'll start posting a public post to patreon so people can post there constructive comments.
Sorry for that :(

Chop21

Oct 31, 2017

you shouldn't let what others say bother you..You do what you feel and must most here making comments are playing the free route anyway but give harsh criticism but have no inkling on how to develop a picture much less a game..Don't take it to heart those who like your work will appreciate it and give proper advice and feedback..If you go by the negatives you'll never live the way you should..Best of luck to you..

D

Deleted member 992182

Yeah, I always try to offer a way to improve things but many simply insult and move on.

If still here to read this, I can give a more detailed account of what I experienced playing and what I'd do to improve the experience:

The game is good. I think it has more promise than most games released. The story is solid and the characters both are and look good. The navigation is easy and solid. It's a good base for a game.
That said, it's buggy at the moment. In my play through I experienced a few instances where I was simply teleported to another place and time of day. The craziest bug that I didn't even know was a bug until I came here was that I didn't give Amanda the money at the start and we still went to the studio. I assumed that was just how it happened until I came here. So, the game needs cleaned up a bit in that regard but it was still very playable.

A few ways I'd improve the game is by giving the characters more personality. The younger sister is the most fleshed out (no pun intended) and even she is pretty narrow-minded. She's my favorite because you know the most about her. The older sister has no real characterization at all beyond "likes to work out" and the mother is essentially the same as every other mother character in adult VNs. Give them a bit more personality. In the gameplay presented there is more than enough content to have done that already.

Your job feels like a place you have to go to in order to advance time. I'm sure you have plans to expand that but as of 0.3b, it's just a place you gotta go.

Finally, I mentioned this in my original post here but if you let the sister work with the photographer there should have been the option to let her "work" with him as he desired. That should be an option going forward, btw! Have a decision where she quietly goes back for pictures and he keeps taking advantage of her.
Why? Not for NTR or whatever but for realism. That happens ALL THE TIME in the modelling world and the only thing we know about Amanda is that she REALLY wants to bs a model. If she really wants to be a model, let her experience what often comes with that (perv photographers with no morals using/abusing naive girls).

It seems like a fetish thing but it's not. That section at the studio where MC watches him trick her is easily the best part of the game because the photographer feels like a real person and Amy feels like she's in a real situation. It's the most believable part of the story and character behavior so far.

That said, I look forward to playing more! I'm sorry people can be assholes. I also have no issues with criticism when truly constructive and most can't give that for some reason.

KaneB.C.

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Good game, but after 3 months of wait for update I think it is to short. I come back after 3 updates to see how it progresses.

Reactions: AMUR48
Nov 1, 2018
Like in every community, you find the best and the worse.
I really like your game and I'm looking forward to constructive critics. You'll more than welcome to stay if you've the strength to see pass the haters or the people who dislike your games, and focus on your community and the we can provide.

For my part, I would say that you have an awesome story, great visuals.
The upgradable elements would be:
- Quest Journal;
- Animations;
- More sleeping interactions;
- Of course more content. Low production time / heavy gameplay. Such as under shower cam which are way faster than story content. Restore the "Whore housse" gameplay for other girls than Anna to add lifetime of your game versions...

I'm looking forward to see the next version ;-)
Keep up the good work and f*ck haters ;-)

sabinonet

Jan 25, 2018
in this last update is there any scenes with the litle sister "Amanda"?
it seems that i can only grab her ass while kissing in her room in the evening and nothing else !!!!!

and in the shop you can you buy a camera and lingerie but what is it for?

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Things I've figured out:

Domination, at least so far, is not worth it. Other than the Photography route for Amanda
Affection seems to get a lot more done. Especially with the Christine.
- I would like this to change eventually, Dom should be considered more useful later I would think. Especially for Amanda.

This one is more of a theory, but I'll put it in a spoiler:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a side note: the Gym route and the Bunny route with Amy currently make no sense together. In the Gym route, which you are more likely to do first with the Money earning the way it is, you are able to shower near Amy, leave the screen open and let her look at you. After a few times she becomes enamored with your dick. A few times later, and she changes outfits, teases you and you have a co-masturbation session in your individual showers.

Fast Forward to the Bunny Lounge scenes. Now she's suddenly disgusted by the idea of doing anything with her brother and refuses to show her breasts and there is now way currently in the game to get through the Bunnies first, even if you sacrifice Amanda's story to do it.

magus448

May 22, 2018
Things I've figured out:

Domination, at least so far, is not worth it. Other than the Photography route for Amanda
Affection seems to get a lot more done. Especially with the Christine.
- I would like this to change eventually, Dom should be considered more useful later I would think. Especially for Amanda.

This one is more of a theory, but I'll put it in a spoiler:

On a side note: the Gym route and the Bunny route with Amy currently make no sense together. In the Gym route, which you are more likely to do first with the Money earning the way it is, you are able to shower near Amy, leave the screen open and let her look at you. After a few times she becomes enamored with your dick. A few times later, and she changes outfits, teases you and you have a co-masturbation session in your individual showers.

Fast Forward to the Bunny Lounge scenes. Now she's suddenly disgusted by the idea of doing anything with her brother and refuses to show her breasts and there is now way currently in the game to get through the Bunnies first, even if you sacrifice Amanda's story to do it.

Another route to take with the sister there could have been to have her quit or tell mom or pay for her gym membership she she doesn't have to work there any more.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, it's what's written above. It's actually visible in the game if you click on the Dad's picture in her room.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
What is going on exactly? Why is PingPanda doing 2 almost identical games simultaneously?

What's the point of doing both Deviant Desires and ?

Reactions: swammy

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Even with the younger sister, some things just don't add up. E.G. She goes to school without panties, and even flashes her brother to prove it, but is hesitant about posing in underwear.

Reactions: Onysko

RWaites Jnr

Dec 6, 2018

Announcement - Changes to DD
I think we can all agree to some level of certainty that the way I'm working on DD isn't working out. Now before you click away, this isn't me in any way shape or form saying I'm abandoning DD, this is simply me working out a way to restructure the game and finding a way to make it work.
So...the biggest issue that I myself face is the coding side of it, when I first started working on the original FM it was easy to code and didn't feel so much like a job, it was more just doing my hobby. Where as now with the complexity of DD's coding it's becoming more like a chore and is taking all the fun out of making the game.
Keep in mind though, this doesn't mean I'm quitting DD, although DD was originally a redo of FM it's now become something completely different and no longer follows the original FM script which is why I'm adamant it's not getting cancelled.
The game just isn't progressing as fast as I'd like and I can honestly say it's because I'm spending most of my time working on the script and trying to learn new things where I should be focusing on the story. Every release I see more and more people asking why's there's not much progression and why there's no sex scenes yet and the simply answer is time, I only have time to do a few scenes with DD before it's time to code and the coding is a little bitch. I understand most people won't accept this as a reason as I'm sure most of you know how to code or have an idea or understanding of it but it's a lot different for me. Now I'm not trying to say I should be singled out or anything but I have certain issues that I'm not willing to make public so let's just leave it at that.
So what do these "changes" mean for DD?
Well it means a couple of things, the first being that we'll get bigger and possibly quicker updates and another means we'll finally start to see some faster progression with the game.
The main change that you'll see if that the game will be turned into more of a linear story and will limit some of the free-roam. the reasoning behind this ( apart from what I've already said above ) is simply before the story needs to be put first above all else, I think it's more import to tell the story than whether you can or can't click on a door.
That that being said, it doesn't mean I am totally taking the free-roam away, it'll still be used just toned down a lot. Think of how at the start of the game when leaving your bedroom and you bump into Amy and she says "oooo, I think the old lady wanted you in the kitchen" so you go there and then to work and then back from work her and the other old lady is in the kitchen and you don't have to click them to start the story it just simply starts, it'll be more like that.
Now another thing you might be thinking is if DD becomes linear then what's the point of still doing FMR? because isn't that just a linear version of DD? and you'd be right for thinking that, but as I said before, DD no longer follows the original FM script where as FMR does so after 0.2 of FMR you'll notice differences in the games and how the story's differ.
So yeah, that's the plan going forward. I'm working on 0.2 of FMR now and plan to have that release around the 25th of this month and then after that I'll begin work on the changes to DD.
Also, this is NOT a redo and NOT a restart, it's simply altering the code to make the game function

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
PingPanda said:
simply before the story needs to be put first above all else
YES! I wish more game developers would realize this. Developers need to figure out the story first and then determine the mechanics. Only once that the mechanics have been developed then the game should be released. I honestly think that 90% of the early abandoned games are left to die is because the creator figured out they had no story and they had no idea how much effort it takes to create a game. It doesn't matter if the game is Ren'py, HTML, RPGM, Unity or smoke signals - creating a game takes serious commitment.

There will be times that feedback from the game players will force the creator to re-assess the game. There might be story lines that need to be explored, or perhaps the play mechanism needs to be tweaked. As long as the creator sticks to the original vision of the story and makes adjustments then the player base should be kept mollified.

It looks like PingPanda is doing this and he is communicating his decision to his supporters. He recognized his limitations and made, at least to me, a very good decision.

I wish him the best of luck and I hope to see a new version of DevDesires before too long!

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
This game is crap. I just reviewed it, there is no story, no gameplay loop, a mechanic for lots of grinding I mean seriously do we need 148 points of love/affection and 148 points of domination in this game? Plus there is no sex with anyone. If ever there was a case for a 1 star game this is it. Sadly this isn't the only game here like this. There is a new trend of the Russian grind that is becoming more common before the "Russian grind" had it so at least you had to grind content and pretty much every location had SOMETHING to do. Now they create a plethora of locations with NOTHING in them. Now the grind is clicking on every location hoping something is available to do and they think they deserve payment for their "quality work."

I'm not sure where you are finding the "148 points" other than some odd code in laptop.rpy. If you play the game the way the hint system suggests then your love and domination points will something less than 20 at the end of the current content.

The stories do exist - each of the immediate family members does have a story. You may think they are weak and poorly implemented but they do exist.

The grind does exist but I don't find it to be too bad. The only one that bugs me is work - I find it to be repetitive. There are others (the bedroom scenes, after dinner, etc.) but they look to be early in development. It is also a side effect of sandbox games, especially for sandbox games that are under development. "The Tyrant" is a game that has an exhausting grind. This game is a lightweight in comparison...

(Side note here: generically speaking, I find sandbox games to be very grindy unless the game creator seriously puts in effort to prevent grind. This takes planning and additonal coding that just does NOT happen. I actually agree with Keldar on this point. If you are game developer and you are creating a sandbox game, then you should spend time and effort to reduce grind as much as possible. Instead letting/making me go to the kitchen every damn morning, and especially if there are no events, the game should say "this is a boring morning, you had breakfast and went to school" and advance time.)

I don't see why a game needs to have sex right away. PingPanda has a story - it is a seduction story and it will take time to develop. I'm surprised the sexual events are happening as fast as they are. Admittedly I like Dating My Daughter, a game that has been accused of blue-balling to the extreme.

I am not sure what you are expecting from a game that is under development, and under EARLY development still. I am guessing that this game is not even a quarter done yet. Deviant Desires does have a grind the stories are weak but for a game that is in early stages of development I think it's a great start. PingPanda said he is going to step away from the sandbox for a while and concentrate on the story. Perhaps this will make the game more palatable to your tastes.

2.40 star(s) 16 Votes