Stousbige

Jul 2, 2017
Is there an update for the money console command? using (inventory.money = 100) doesn't seem to work anymore and grinding for cash to get all the different toys and serums is the only real downside with this game

Vanik

Sep 4, 2017
this maybe an odd request. but i images are they stored somewhere in the game files or post here somewhere? and are their any mods?

Mandingonator

Aug 21, 2017
Ok, the income system is broken.

I searched through the comments and people said classes will eventually give you 2 income and another one from Frankie. The problem is that I only get 2 income if I keep teaching two times a day, if I ever try to train Frankie I lose 1 income from the class.

So, how do I fix this?

Neryn

Apr 23, 2018
Ok, the income system is broken.

I searched through the comments and people said classes will eventually give you 2 income and another one from Frankie. The problem is that I only get 2 income if I keep teaching two times a day, if I ever try to train Frankie I lose 1 income from the class.

So, how do I fix this?
You need to dose the principal.

Reactions: Mandingonator

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
You need to dose the principal.
We are working on improving that part while including it in the story by the way. That will probably take the form of an introduction of Kara as the hard-ass (ironically) dean before the events with Chrytal's.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Is there an update for the money console command? using (inventory.money = 100) doesn't seem to work anymore and grinding for cash to get all the different toys and serums is the only real downside with this game
income.base = 5 (note: haven't tested with 41.x, dl'ing now)

Reactions: ShelbyGT

JacktheMonkey

Nov 11, 2017
I downloaded the new version from here yesterday and started playing from scratch (having already played 3 previous versions). No error messages at all and the income system was weird at first but makes sense once you understand it and it’s fine.
One of my favourite games. Well put together, renders are very good.
Well congrats, cause you are NOT the norm. The income system straight up doesn't make sense. Narratively or logistically. And the Devs seem to be listening only to its apologists. Knowing how to get three income dot is in NO WAY intuitive. And even when I looked it up... still not happening. And yes... there are loads of error messages (IE: paddingly scenes). Devs, there is a lot good about the game, but there's a lot of recent mistakes. Just don't make the EXTRA mistake of listening to people who don't mind or don't care.

Clyde69

Sep 9, 2017
I'm having an issue, I bought the red o-ring but when I got to Haley It doesn't register on the list and now I can't buy the o-ring anymore. Is there any way I can fix this? Can I use some cheats or something?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm having an issue, I bought the red o-ring but when I got to Haley It doesn't register on the list and now I can't buy the o-ring anymore. Is there any way I can fix this? Can I use some cheats or something?
I would very much like to have that save, could you send it to me in PM ?

Well congrats, cause you are NOT the norm. The income system straight up doesn't make sense. Narratively or logistically. And the Devs seem to be listening only to its apologists. Knowing how to get three income dot is in NO WAY intuitive. And even when I looked it up... still not happening. And yes... there are loads of error messages (IE: paddingly scenes). Devs, there is a lot good about the game, but there's a lot of recent mistakes. Just don't make the EXTRA mistake of listening to people who don't mind or don't care.
About the error messages you may want to update to 0.41.4.

Also please tell me how I could not listen and acknowledge people criticizing when I give them lengthy replies, often explaining my choices or the process behind it.

You won't see me act when few people complain about a structural issue. That is not how it works.
Because you don't see me act at all. Unless I do a devstream, but given my current irregular schedule, I don't.

When you touch a structural part of the game you need to take time thinking it over. What could fix that problem ? How will it affect the rest of the game ? Is it something I really want to do that way. Will it works well with the future things I planned ?

It is not about just applying a bit of tape. No you need to grind the surface, clean it and then apply the glass fiber and epoxy. Then you have made something now part of the whole.

But here in the case of income it is something different still. It was a deliberate choice to release it without explanations. I needed to get the feedback from the players to finish that part.
We don't do playtest features, we just release them as is. So for this one we released the system with a finished back-end but with a WIP front-end.

We don't intend to leave the player in the dark on its finished state.

The feedback allow us to know what needs to be told and what doesn't. With that knowledge we can then engage the process of implementing a way to give that info to the player.

The feedback from those you call "apologists" also gave us interesting information. In game design there is something akin to the cinema's "show don't tell", it is best to introduce the income mechanic with as little information as possible, and with said information given in a manner it flows with the narration and gameplay.

So your "doesn't make sense" feedback gives us to some clues of what is needed and the "makes sense once you understand it" informs us that there is a tipping point.

Both are useful. Albeit not always to the same extent, thanks mostly to hyperboles.
For example it would be very interesting for me that you tell me what you understood exactly about the income system before you read my explanations of course.

hakirayleigh

Oct 7, 2018
I would very much like to have that save, could you send it to me in PM ?

About the error messages you may want to update to 0.41.4.

Also please tell me how I could not listen and acknowledge people criticizing when I give them lengthy replies, often explaining my choices or the process behind it.

You won't see me act when few people complain about a structural issue. That is not how it works.
Because you don't see me act at all. Unless I do a devstream, but given my current irregular schedule, I don't.

When you touch a structural part of the game you need to take time thinking it over. What could fix that problem ? How will it affect the rest of the game ? Is it something I really want to do that way. Will it works well with the future things I planned ?

It is not about just applying a bit of tape. No you need to grind the surface, clean it and then apply the glass fiber and epoxy. Then you have made something now part of the whole.

But here in the case of income it is something different still. It was a deliberate choice to release it without explanations. I needed to get the feedback from the players to finish that part.
We don't do playtest features, we just release them as is. So for this one we released the system with a finished back-end but with a WIP front-end.

We don't intend to leave the player in the dark on its finished state.

The feedback allow us to know what needs to be told and what doesn't. With that knowledge we can then engage the process of implementing a way to give that info to the player.

The feedback from those you call "apologists" also gave us interesting information. In game design there is something akin to the cinema's "show don't tell", it is best to introduce the income mechanic with as little information as possible, and with said information given in a manner it flows with the narration and gameplay.

So your "doesn't make sense" feedback gives us to some clues of what is needed and the "makes sense once you understand it" informs us that there is a tipping point.

Both are useful. Albeit not always to the same extent, thanks mostly to hyperboles.
For example it would be very interesting for me that you tell me what you understood exactly about the income system before you read my explanations of course.
Man. Can you help me with the money cheat in your game??

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
How do you get the green syrum on Android can't seem to get the 3 money for it
I guess you didn't start with Chrsytal.

Then teach once during the day, train Frankie then do paperwork at the lab office.

Ragnarok6699

Nov 2, 2017
is it just me or anyone else gets those error pages when trying to write "inventory = {}" not sure what that code does anyway also tried several values from 5 10 100 1000 10000 for "inventory.money = 100" and saw no changes the only codes that worked were for mats and inventory.pink/blue and green = 5 also tones of error pages pop up in the sexshop when i "rollback" it puts me back in the middle of dialogue and after 1 or 2 clicks error again if i go "ignore" it pops up another and another error page though those could all be related to the first "inventory = {}" error i dunno if i don't try that cheat everything goes ok

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
is it just me or anyone else gets those error pages when trying to write "inventory = {}" not sure what that code does anyway also tried several values from 5 10 100 1000 10000 for "inventory.money = 100" and saw no changes the only codes that worked were for mats and inventory.pink/blue and green = 5 also tones of error pages pop up in the sexshop when i "rollback" it puts me back in the middle of dialogue and after 1 or 2 clicks error again if i go "ignore" it pops up another and another error page though those could all be related to the first "inventory = {}" error i dunno if i don't try that cheat everything goes ok
Hehe, I wouldn't make something that simple.

It was an honest attempt with that dict, but you need to do more probing before just replacing it with something. I know it can be quite opaque to just dir() without the source, but the inventory system may be the simplest of all I made for the game.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes