Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
How do you install it?
I tried it,placed in game folder (didn't work),then placed in renpy/common with the other rpyc files thinking that may be where it went,still wont work.Am i putting it in the wrong folder?
I'm currently building an uploading the v0.42.1 right now.

So if you can wait a little that would save you the hassle.

Also be careful when downloading stuff from a first time poster. It is a .rpyc, it is slightly less easy to check if it is legit or malicious so most people that can probably won't do it.

It is a piece of code your machine execute no antivirus will recognize a piece malicious Ren'Py code.

Last edited:

trocken1

Feb 5, 2018
Aoedes1, Synful62:
Should just go into the game folder. Strange that it does not work.

Try creating a new txt file in the game folder and add the following contents:
label k_revenge_talk:
call k_2_revenge_talk
return

label k_exhusband:
call k_2_exhusband
return

label k_exhusband2:
call k_2_exhusband2
return

Save it as patch.rpy and then try the dialogues again.
Or wait for Finsit's update.

Also be careful when downloading stuff from a first time poster. It is a .rpyc, it is slightly less easy to check if it is legit or malicious so most people that can probably won't do it.
True that, might should have added it as pure rpy code.
Code from the rpyc is the same as above.
Guess you tried some variations and missed to remove the "_2" from the labels.

Reactions: dragpz and Synful62

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The v0.42.1 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.

You can also download it manually :

Last edited:

bear

Apr 27, 2017
Just downloaded 0.42.1 and it got me through the bug with Kara talking about her ex. The next day I tried to include Kara in training with Frankie and I get an error.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Just downloaded 0.42.1 and it got me through the bug with Kara talking about her ex. The next day I tried to include Kara in training with Frankie and I get an error.
Oh, what an interesting unexpected interaction.

Never thought of looking back at images from SMS using an other imagepack and checking which quality the old images are.

Ok, I'll try to fix it retroactively.

hammerface

May 18, 2018
The v0.42.1 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.

I tried downloading the update but when I try to load the save game (just before I talk to Kara about what's bothering her and get the k_exhusband crash) it just goes back to the main menu. Weird :p

The old version still loads the save. What files should I copy over from the update to hopefully make it work? :)

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I tried downloading the update but when I try to load the save game (just before I talk to Kara about what's bothering her and get the k_exhusband crash) it just goes back to the main menu. Weird :p

The old version still loads the save. What files should I copy over from the update to hopefully make it work? :)
Try to rollback a little to a stable state like at home.

Then try it on the new version.

hammerface

May 18, 2018
Try to rollback a little to a stable state like at home.

Then try it on the new version.
Really strange... I have four saves, one of them work (not the earliest one, strangely). I'll upload my last save in case you're curious. I've never seen renpy behave like this.

Froster0

Sep 15, 2017
Excuse me for asking, but what's the difference between the Native version and the Lossless? Right now i'm downloading both to check the difference (which i'm assuming will be in the quality?) but if someone could point me more accurately what are the changes from one to another I would appreciate it a good deal.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Excuse me for asking, but what's the difference between the Native version and the Lossless? Right now i'm downloading both to check the difference (which i'm assuming will be in the quality?) but if someone could point me more accurately what are the changes from one to another I would appreciate it a good deal.
The native version pack the images are the original images before any compression. They are in PNG format an compatible with any software from the last 20 years.

The lossless versions is a compressed version without loss of quality, it uses a new format WebP that is not compatible everywhere.

The other version also use WebP format but with losses during compression allowing for massive reduction in weight of the images.

The ultralight version is separated for Win and Linux/Mac because at that point the files of the game engine are weighting almost as much as the images themselves and it would be pointless to pack the dependencies for all OS and bloat it.

Anyway Ren'Py itself manage the display of the WebP images and we only release the native format for the few that would like to tinker with the images or to have a version the less possible failure point.

In general if you want the best quality go with the Lossless version, it is lighter for free.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Really strange... I have four saves, one of them work (not the earliest one, strangely). I'll upload my last save in case you're curious. I've never seen renpy behave like this.
When you encounter that kind of bug with Ren'Py that means that some files the game need to return to is modified. Ren'Py is then lost and don't know where to go back.

If that happen with this game rollback until you can travel the travel anywhere it will fix the return stack.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The v0.42.2 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.

• (Recommended for full quality)

Changes :
  • SMS images now load images depending of the current imagepack used and not the one used when the SMS was received
  • Fixing a bug with the stripclub income display

Last edited:

jean-francois

Jun 12, 2017
when i talk to Kara, in 0.42.0 version : (with the patch, it's even worst)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless/game/patch.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xda in position 47: invalid continuation byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 748, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 557, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\parser.py", line 2756, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\parser.py", line 214, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8")
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xda in position 47: invalid continuation byte

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Mon Nov 04 22:08:31 2019

Grebbesh

Dec 5, 2018
Ever since updating the patch I can't seem to have a chance to reinvite Kara to visit my home at night. She isn't around in her own office, I can't call her either ("have no reason to call her"); and while I can have her work at the strip club, having her stop working there doesn't reset anything either.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
when i talk to Kara, in 0.42.0 version : (with the patch, it's even worst)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless/game/patch.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 748, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 557, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\parser.py", line 2756, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\DDGame-0.35.0-pc\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\parser.py", line 214, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8")
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Mon Nov 04 22:08:31 2019
Dammit.

Ok I pulled the update. I'll Sort that out ove I slept.

Could you send me the save ?
Ever since updating the patch I can't seem to have a chance to reinvite Kara to visit my home at night. She isn't around in her own office, I can't call her either ("have no reason to call her"); and while I can have her work at the strip club, having her stop working there doesn't reset anything either.
Could I have that save too ?

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes