Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
A couple of observations.

I had saved my progress shortly into Crystal's path. I specifically did that to avoid having bought the wrong paddle. However, when I loaded the game from that save, I started getting messages that I already had received.
Yeah there was a bug since the 0.40.0 I fixed in the 0.40.3 that lead to triggers (the system at the root of the SMS events) were reinitialized every loading, so when you leaded for the first time in the 0.40.3 it could just be the residual effect of that bug. It should not happen anymore.

Also, I did read the post a couple of posts above on the income mechanics, and it does make sense to me. But that was only after I read the details of the mechanics. Without that, I felt that the game had bugged out when my income wasn't going beyond 2. Maybe incorporate the explanation of the mechanics into the UI - like call it income level instead of income. Expectations are different when you say income.

However, I still feel certain aspects are brutal. Specifically, if I didn't work enough, my income level zeroes out - especially in the early game. And without the explanation of the mechanics - it feels like I just lost all the income that was farmed.
Well it was by design.

I wondered a long time I should add a tutorial right when I implemented the system or if I should gather the feedback of the player first.

But at one point we were so late that the choice made itself. Plus you don't have the occasion to gather first impression data twice.
That way I can make a better tutorial or maybe just try to improve on the obscure points and see if it sticks.

Lastly, I am not too sure if this is a bug or a part of the reward/frustration mechanics - but I started off with Harley this time - just for the kicks
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To that effect I bought the red o-ring and armcuffs for chains, just as the popup suggested. But when I went to tutor her, it didn't register that I had bought those elements. I restarted the game and went with the rote method of corrupting Crystal first, but if we aren't supposed to corrupt Harley early on, maybe block her out till we corrupt Crystal. Just my 2 cents here.
Nope that was totally a bug.

Corrected in the 0.40.3
All in all, this is a really good game. To be completely fair to myself, I have mixed feelings with the income mechanics and the way it is being represented, but I respect the developers freedom to design something unique for their game. Hopefully, this will evolve over time so that it is able to cater to the likes and preferences of others, while still holding true to the original aesthetics of the game mechanics that was conceived by the developers.
Oh, mixed feeling aren't they the best ? Keeps you on the edge, you'know.

Yeah, I dont know Maybe I'll try to find something to better convey what is going on with the income changes.
I try very hard to make every bit UI, as diegetic as I can. That is why there is no "file" for the girls that you can look at and see a loading bar or a number for each of the girl stats.
The old girl assessment was pretty good in that regard but very clunky to use. So I replaced it by the grayed out options.

Now that I have added yet an other way to give the player info ergonomically, I think it might be ok to bring back the assessments as it also by itself has some erotic potential. Since it is not needed in the flow of the gameplay it can be a good aside ... But I digress.

Yeah, income system, very early, probably still in the rough, will be tuned in the back-end as well as the front-end.

you will be waiting a week or so, the dev think its unfair for his patrons to fix the game on here at the same time
Well appart from intriguing ghost bugs, and some gracefully not working bug that will only prevent you from advancing some girls story, I would say it is almost good.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
there isn't the money system doesn't support codes anymore with the new system
Well there is always a way to cheat, but it won't be as easy or convenient anymore.

Also, did you know I added a way to activate and open the console in the Preferences menu a while ago ?

Reactions: Canto Forte

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Well there is always a way to cheat, but it won't be as easy or convenient anymore.

Also, did you know I added a way to activate and open the console in the Preferences menu a while ago ?
yes i seen that
also i sent the script.rpa you asked for

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Just got the new version for android and noticed that there is no save option
Yeah, I deactivated the quick menu on PC, I guess it also removed it from the unholy and wholly unofficial version that I cannot speak about because it doesn't exists.

So the66 how does it feel ?

But it is my mistake to not have put this change in the changelog.

• Haha

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Yeah, I deactivated the quick menu on PC, I guess it also removed it from the unholy and wholly unofficial version that I cannot speak about because it doesn't exists.

So the66 how does it feel ?

But it is my mistake to not have put this change in the changelog.
thats was ether a very evil thing or a very clever thing boards still out on it lmao

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
thats was ether a very evil thing or a very clever thing boards still out on it lmao
I just purged all the GUI not fitting the graphical style.
I remembered that nobody used the quick menu on PC anyway since the right click is so convenient.

is there any links to v.40.3
There is a link ...

... on Patreon, for patrons. :sneaky:
Oh, come on, you should have seen that one coming from miles away.

zitterhannes

Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
maybe one of you can help me out.
I should talk to Yuki. But when I want to talk to her in school, it's always "no matter".
Kara has moved into her house in the meantime and still I can't visit her there or if I'm standing in front of her door I can't go to the pool.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hi,
maybe one of you can help me out.
I should talk to Yuki. But when I want to talk to her in school, it's always "no matter".
Kara has moved into her house in the meantime and still I can't visit her there or if I'm standing in front of her door I can't go to the pool.
Kara's not being at her house is a bug fixed in the 0.40.4

About Yuki, if I get it right you trained her and greened her. So now you just need to wait until you receive her picture by SMS.

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Ok, I'm calling an exorcist, right now !

That joke about the bug haunting the game, well it is not a joke.

The bug about Chrystal not gaining affection seem to be because a line of code is just "changed" on the released version.

Same thing with Lola, technically nothing is wrong here, I tested it on my end, no issue.
For this one, I suspect Ren'Py to skip a beat from time to time, and I think it skipped the init of the trigger for the continuation of Lola's story.

If you have that problem here is a workaround :
set_global_trigger(SimpleTrigger("l_green_transition.home_talk_init"))
But as far as I can tell no issue in the code.

Could someone affected by any of those two bugs send me their script.rpa file in PM. I suspect a file corruption during the build and distribution chain, it already happened once, it may be that again.
ok i tried using set_global_trigger(SimpleTrigger("l_green_transition.home_talk_init")) cammand you gave hit enter it says none under it and nothing happens in game

ok that is not true it skipped the meeting at my house and made it so when i went to the dean's office it showed her there and was able to progress from there

Last edited:

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
ok i tried using set_global_trigger(SimpleTrigger("l_green_transition.home_talk_init")) cammand you gave hit enter it says none under it and nothing happens in game

ok that is not true it skipped the meeting at my house and made it so when i went to the dean's office it showed her there and was able to progress from there
Saying none is good, it should say that.

Did you exited the console with right click ? Did you passed time ?

If you did that then try :
set_global_trigger(SimpleTrigger("l_green_transition.home_talk_init"), force=True)
It should still return you "None".
Then exit with right click and pass time once.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
long time not posted here. :p

here is my reworked unofficial android port of Deviant Discoveries v0.40.3.
now with working tooltips for insensitive menu choices.
workaround for a missing quick menu, read the help tab in the game menu.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
long time not posted here. :p

here is my reworked unofficial android port of Deviant Discoveries v0.40.3.
now with working tooltips for insensitive menu choices.
workaround for a missing quick menu, read the help tab in the game menu.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Huh, a second release of the same version of the game.

Almost sound like the first one was flawed, how strange.:unsure::sneaky:

Could it be that some kind of bugs were not due to that friendly yet often sarcastic, active and patient developer ?
Food for thought ...

moDo

Oct 9, 2017
Sexshop is broken for good in this build. Error messages everywhere when you buy something and try to get back home.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Huh, a second release of the same version of the game.

Almost sound like the first one was flawed, how strange.:unsure::sneaky:

Could it be that some kind of bugs were not due to that friendly yet often sarcastic, active and patient developer ?
Food for thought ...
i have no problem to correct my errors.
surprise, surprise, i'm not omnipotent. yeah, it's a fact i cannot deny.

Reactions: crisbr

vicaut

Oct 20, 2017
40.3. still has some bugs. Karas home quest now goes a bit further, but you cannot visit her at the pool. If you give Lola the green serum she won't appear at home in the evening.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes