2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
What about sandbox tag? For me freeroam=sandbox.
Is there any difference between the two?
For me sandboxes have added mechanics and/or stats to grind for. Sometimes they may have some sort of side quests.

Free roams are linear in concept. The story only progresses when you trigger the right events. So there just the fake feeling of some sort of choice or "freedom". You just have to click thru locations to trigger an event that progresses the game. You can have the same with a text link > Go to xxx to meet yyy < - it is the same, just without time waste and pointless clicking.

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
For me sandboxes have added mechanics and/or stats to grind for. Sometimes they may have some sort of side quests.

Free roams are linear in concept. The story only progresses when you trigger the right events. So there just the fake feeling of some sort of choice or "freedom". You just have to click thru locations to trigger an event that progresses the game. You can have the same with a text link > Go to xxx to meet yyy < - it is the same, just without time waste and pointless clicking.
so would you call Being a DIK a sandbox?

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
so would you call Being a DIK a sandbox?
No - thats free roam in my book. During the free roam passages you have clear objective. There is nothing to grind for or stuff that distract you from the story and it is linear in that part - depending on you previous decisions and stuff it varies what you will see and there might be some choices that impact the story - not that sure. It is one of the few games where I find the implementation not a burden.

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
No - thats free roam in my book. During the free roam passages you have clear objective. There is nothing to grind for or stuff that distract you from the story and it is linear in that part - depending on you previous decisions and stuff it varies what you will see and there might be some choices that impact the story - not that sure. It is one of the few games where I find the implementation not a burden.
Yeah it's one of the few games where the extra elements are fun. I especially like the Rooster app.

Wightwick

Aug 5, 2017
It only said I should figure out something at work, and I went to work 3 times a day for 2 weeks, still nothing happened.
I used unren and it seems that not much happens after the "go to work" anyway, just showing some blackmail photos and meeting a friend on a cafe.

Reactions: GAMEPLAY7 and EZ8lt

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Ok ... so the whole plot makes no sense from the start.

"Hey we have no signed contracts or anything, but I fire you and I get your house and all your money is blocked - BECAUSE!"

Yeah. At least try to be a bit realistic ... the fun of stories is do get immersed, but here your suspension of disbelief is triggered form the start.

At least let the chairmain fire him - that he can do, but that woman has NO legal right or the power to fire the CEO.
Sure - the story need a quick fall of the MC, but that's not how this works ... Sure - maybe there are forged documents ... when the CEO goes to the authorities and file a complaint about her blackmailing, that wont hold ... I guess. The whole plot is so far-fetched, it aint fun.

Maybe there is a reason why that woman not only get rid of the MC but actively destroys him ... but I dont know what that reason could be. Especially with the power she seems to have, there is no motive to stop him to get a manager job in another company.

Then you can just start with a fairytale ... its the same, and easier to believe.

And then the horror really starts ... a freeroam game. :sick:
We really need a tag for this shit.
Oh - and as in 99% of games with it, it has NO purpose and could be cut without any changes to the game
- just that it would be a better experience without that pointless clicking. Especially because none of your actions matter. You can nap, watch TV or work - that changes nothing.

Oh and to the end the plot is getting worse ... you "trust" ("you have to trust me because you have a bad job now, thats why you blackmail another rich dude to get money from him for me") another woman that says she will help you against scarlet (that overpovered bitch that can fire you without any rights to to so).

So before that we had nothing but were a law abiding citizen. Now we have still a bad job, but commited a crime for an unknown lady, because we want revenge for our lack of spine and trust in law and order ... cool.

Yeah sorry ... the plot is so stupid ... it is painfull. And it is short as hell - it is more a demo/teaser than a 0.1 ... writing this took more time than the actual game ^^
TLDR (hate myself right now for writing that. Edit: I read most of it by now), but I had already decided not to play the game for now at least...
I've always thought about this, what is sandbox compared to freeroam? I'd love a response thank you no matter what.

Btw your description might be worth being a review, I'm sure the game is not for me now that I've read it.. ty

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
TLDR (hate myself right now for writing that. Edit: I read most of it by now), but I had already decided not to play the game for now at least...
I've always thought about this, what is sandbox compared to freeroam? I'd love a response thank you no matter what.

Btw your description might be worth being a review, I'm sure the game is not for me now that I've read it.. ty
sandbox/freeroam .. just some posts above is my look at it.

Yeah it might be good enough for a review, but I try not to rate 0.1 versions - at least not when I cant rate it 3 or higher, and this would be not even close to that ^^. Maybe he will consider the feedback and change something in the next updates ...

Reactions: galora

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
holy shit that intro is weak and even a bored and lazy public defender could make a case against scarlett

Reactions: mofonistik

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Ok ... so the whole plot makes no sense from the start.

"Hey we have no signed contracts or anything, but I fire you and I get your house and all your money is blocked - BECAUSE!"

Yeah. At least try to be a bit realistic ... the fun of stories is do get immersed, but here your suspension of disbelief is triggered form the start.

At least let the chairmain fire him - that he can do, but that woman has NO legal right or the power to fire the CEO.
Sure - the story need a quick fall of the MC, but that's not how this works ... Sure - maybe there are forged documents ... when the CEO goes to the authorities and file a complaint about her blackmailing, that wont hold ... I guess. The whole plot is so far-fetched, it aint fun.

Maybe there is a reason why that woman not only get rid of the MC but actively destroys him ... but I dont know what that reason could be. Especially with the power she seems to have, there is no motive to stop him to get a manager job in another company.

Then you can just start with a fairytale ... its the same, and easier to believe.

And then the horror really starts ... a freeroam game. :sick:
We really need a tag for this shit.
Oh - and as in 99% of games with it, it has NO purpose and could be cut without any changes to the game
- just that it would be a better experience without that pointless clicking. Especially because none of your actions matter. You can nap, watch TV or work - that changes nothing.

Oh and to the end the plot is getting worse ... you "trust" ("you have to trust me because you have a bad job now, thats why you blackmail another rich dude to get money from him for me") another woman that says she will help you against scarlet (that overpovered bitch that can fire you without any rights to to so).

So before that we had nothing but were a law abiding citizen. Now we have still a bad job, but commited a crime for an unknown lady, because we want revenge for our lack of spine and trust in law and order ... cool.

Yeah sorry ... the plot is so stupid ... it is painfull. And it is short as hell - it is more a demo/teaser than a 0.1 ... writing this took more time than the actual game ^^
OMG, as a game dev, this was my nightmare scenario that woke me in a sweat before releasing a 0.1....

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
3DCG, Big Ass, Big Tits, Blackmail, Cheating, Corruption, Exposed, Female Perspective, Flirting, Groping, Humiliation, Male Protagonist, NTR, Prostitution, Harassment, Stripping, Teasing, Virgin
Call me when Game have at least BJ Fap-Fap scnes :(

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes