1.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Jinxster100

Nov 19, 2017
How do you get past the gate in the first act with the two buttons, where one of them shoots spikes and the other like fucks up your controls?

Snozberries

Jun 3, 2017
@ViperV Been following this for a while and I've always enjoyed it, but I feel like the gameplay has taken a few steps backwards. I'm a fan of challenging games, but this version of the game is straight-up frustrating!

Coins and hearts bounce way too far away to pick up reliably, especially with all the environmental hazards. Spell charging constantly gets interrupted if my cursor crosses a wall. The blue defensive orbs are really difficult to position; instead of popping in on the cursor they seem to pop randomly so they're hard to use strategically and sometimes just waste time by spawning inside a wall and immediately despawning. Reviving costs are too high. Checkpoints are too few. That turret section is pure hell; I die over and over and the run back is just annoying.

The artwork is amazing and the core gameplay is really fun, I just can't help but think the steep difficulty spike is going to turn off a lot of potential players. I consider myself a pretty good gamer but I'm struggling to even finish the first stage.

Reactions: Aazkaal

supereddy

May 28, 2017
Where is the cheat room actually? And the two button at the top right of debug room iI have pressed had open pillars on the higher ground of the map how supposed for me to be able to go there?

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
@ViperV Been following this for a while and I've always enjoyed it, but I feel like the gameplay has taken a few steps backwards. I'm a fan of challenging games, but this version of the game is straight-up frustrating!

Coins and hearts bounce way too far away to pick up reliably, especially with all the environmental hazards. Spell charging constantly gets interrupted if my cursor crosses a wall. The blue defensive orbs are really difficult to position; instead of popping in on the cursor they seem to pop randomly so they're hard to use strategically and sometimes just waste time by spawning inside a wall and immediately despawning. Reviving costs are too high. Checkpoints are too few. That turret section is pure hell; I die over and over and the run back is just annoying.

The artwork is amazing and the core gameplay is really fun, I just can't help but think the steep difficulty spike is going to turn off a lot of potential players. I consider myself a pretty good gamer but I'm struggling to even finish the first stage.
The blue orbs at the on-set are kind of useless, I imagine they get better with lvling, but their's no way to farm gold for skills in this version (unless I missed something and there's some way to get back to the world map after going into the level a second time). All together I think being able to level mid-stage (which is in the works) will fix all of the other difficulty curves you've mentioned. Grim reaper taking half gold won't be nearly as annoying after you get the magnet ability for one. Turrets are almost an aid through that section once you take it semi-slow....

I don't know... I just would hate to see the creator dumb down his game when it's not a "bullet hell" or "rage quit" genre game. It's just difficult and challenging. I'm sick of games on this site where it's clear the creator actively dumbed down their game because they think the only content their users care about is the H-scenes and anything before and after that is just filler to explain a paper thin premise for why the animation exists. Ultimately I just want progress forward instead of looking back when it's not a bug. Not shutting my brain off while I play is a piece I appreciate in this game and look forward to.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well like you game dude and the way some of the stuff yea the law don't
like but shit to try and censer everthing they don't like now day's lol.

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
@ViperV
Coins and hearts bounce way too far away to pick up reliably, especially with all the environmental hazards.
Only agree with this.
Money or hearts that go directly to the water -> :cryingface:

(But the fact that we can push monsters in the void or water with the blue orb explosion is awesome.)

LeoShowers

May 13, 2017
Completely stuck on this gate. I'm sure the solution is something obvious and I am just missing it.

Lot of work went into the mechanics of this game.

LeoShowers

May 13, 2017
Got it. Didn't realize you could drag the targeting receptacle further after charging it fully. Ty for help.

Snozberries

Jun 3, 2017
The blue orbs at the on-set are kind of useless, I imagine they get better with lvling, but their's no way to farm gold for skills in this version (unless I missed something and there's some way to get back to the world map after going into the level a second time). All together I think being able to level mid-stage (which is in the works) will fix all of the other difficulty curves you've mentioned. Grim reaper taking half gold won't be nearly as annoying after you get the magnet ability for one. Turrets are almost an aid through that section once you take it semi-slow....

I don't know... I just would hate to see the creator dumb down his game when it's not a "bullet hell" or "rage quit" genre game. It's just difficult and challenging. I'm sick of games on this site where it's clear the creator actively dumbed down their game because they think the only content their users care about is the H-scenes and anything before and after that is just filler to explain a paper thin premise for why the animation exists. Ultimately I just want progress forward instead of looking back when it's not a bug. Not shutting my brain off while I play is a piece I appreciate in this game and look forward to.
Being able to level up abilities mid-stage would help a lot, sure. And again, I enjoy a challenge but I think there's a difference between a situation that forces you to adjust your tactics to succeed and one that artificially inflates the difficulty through factors outside of your control.

I do like this game a lot, and I like that there is an actual game to be played instead of just clicking stuff to unlock H-scenes. I just think it's a tad too frustrating in its current form.

1.90 star(s) 8 Votes