1.90 star(s) 8 Votes

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Found a button that spawns an enemy that immediately goes for H, but then the game just got stuck on the animation of him trying to bite down on me. Rotten luck. Don't feel like going through all that again. Man, and I thought the last version was tedious. Oh well, guess I'll just wait for the update with the game overs before trying again. Dying over and over won't be so bad then. XD

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Found a button that spawns an enemy that immediately goes for H, but then the game just got stuck on the animation of him trying to bite down on me. Rotten luck. Don't feel like going through all that again. Man, and I thought the last version was tedious. Oh well, guess I'll just wait for the update with the game overs before trying again. Dying over and over won't be so bad then. XD
A dialogue should start, press any button pretty much, maybe click.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
There was no dialogue. I tried every key I could think of. Game was just stuck.
Just replayed through to that point, it should automatically start a dialogue, looks like there's something wrong with your copy sry ponyguy :(

Reactions: ponyguy

Slayer128

Jun 30, 2017
I did it. I completed it. Holy shit.

Tips and tricks:
–Play with cheats on. It's absolutely FRUSTRATING w/o cheats on. It's fucking impossible.
–Use your ICE spell to make a bridge on water (press space to change to blue; hold left mouse button till fully charged)
–If your attack can't reach one of those "orb things" (i.e. the ones that make bridges when you attack them) then use your half charged red or blue spell (the razor disks you fling) to reach them.
–Your fully charged red spell (the flame) can go through holes and crevices. I just wish the dev pointed that out. This is useful for opening gates.
–THE LATTER PART OF THE CAVE is super fucking hard (after hentaihoarder's screenshot), but here's the way to go through it:

––charm a ganker (one of those black things) then make them go through the dark blight by the gate (ON THE RIGHT SIDE). It's basically the part your character can't go through because of the dark black thingo.
––guide its path and then press F on the orb it meets on its path (it'll bite on it and it'll open a gate)
––go to the part with the three stupid spikes and go inside the gateto press the button
––NOW, here comes the frustrating part... charm another ganker and navigate its way to the area with the three spikes (the area with a button on the top right corner). It took me SO MANY TRIES to do it, but it's possible. DON'T BOTHER charming the red buff dude. He's too slow, and his "f key action button" is way too slow too. The ganker can avoid the spikes easier by pressing f to use his lunging bite attack.

Reactions: jackjack18

Slayer128

Jun 30, 2017
Now, allow me to share my thoughts about the game...
Having played the previous versions of Divine arms, I would rate this version a 6.5/10. To be honest, the initial versions of the game had SO much potential; the gameplay was solid, and the combat mechanics were really unique. Sadly, this version focuses waaayyy too much on puzzles, and the ones involving "charmed enemies" aren't designed well. Besides that, the story is flat-out boring. More often that not, I found myself skipping all the cringeworthy dialogue I had to deal with.

In the game's current state, it also has a lot of "balancing issues," and its puzzles need A LOT of work. Like I said in my previous post, DON'T play without cheats on. You'll just frustrate yourself.

I would've given this a 6/10, but hey at least the combat's still refined. Plus, if you DO manage to complete 1.95 (by purifying the crystal in level 1), you get an impromptu endless mode (a big area with gankers, red guys, and rapevines), so hey at least there's that.

Props to kreig for doing all of this though. It's really hard to program this type stuff.
If you're reading this kreig, I wish you luck in completing your game, and I hope the storms die out in your area, fellow compatriot :) (don't think I don't know what mahalai actually means)

Reactions: bestfriends

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
@ViperV
2 days ago I didn't expect this quick reaction from you to my post on your Patreon, thanks a lot.
(And thank you for your kind words in the comments, I don't know why there's so much hate as soon as there's a difference between their thing and their neighbour's thing)
So, the key that give me problem to rebind is the Q natively used for quality when I try to transform WASD to ZQSD.
But as I said, no problem if I switch from FR to EN kb.
But it's nice to you to think about the many people that struggle with computers and just know how to launch a game on their desktop, nothing more... :)

There's this flash game that offers a nice way to reconfigure your kb if you want some inspiration, maybe you can contact the creator to share your knowledge :
If he help you with the kb thing, maybe you can give him some tips with optimization, your game is smooth as hell even after 40mn of gameplay while his one slow down rapidly! lol

If you're reading this kreig, I wish you luck in completing your game, and I hope the storms die out in your area, fellow compatriot :) (don't think I don't know what mahalai actually means)
+1 for the storm thing, when i see the news about that for different parts of the world, it's incredible... our country is so much blessed
(Can your share your knowledge about Mahalai @Slayer128 ? google don"t want to answer properly to that, thx)

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Just replayed through to that point, it should automatically start a dialogue, looks like there's something wrong with your copy sry ponyguy :(
It's fine. I probably broke it by doing things out of order or something. I don't think I was supposed to be at that button yet. Should've went down the stairs in the ground, but decided to explore the other side of the lake instead. I did find it weird that there was no tutorial stone or what's-her-face telling you about H-attacks.
Oh well. I'll give it another shot later. With cheats. :p

OWOWuzDis

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! The difficulty is intentional for builds before getting to 2.0.
I'll try to reply to everything later. For now:
Mind if I throw my opinion?
Not gonna lie, I was a tad-bit skeptical about 1.95 but ITS GREAT!
The new animations for siggy's attacks are awesome
The new ATTACKS are awesome
the interaction with the game world really makes it seem like a challenge rather than a simple "walk here, kill, repeat" kinda thing
and the part with the first ganker who goes at it with Siggy was beautiful ;u;
Ty for continuing with the game, and please don't stop :) (i'll be a patreon when I get moni)

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
1.96 is much easier than 1.95 (Maybe because this time I have paid extreme attention to vicious traps.).
Summoning 5 orbs instead of 3 max is cool and made things a lot easier (maybe too much?)!
Casting speed is maybe a bit to fast now, no?
To counter balance the things I have the impression that there's more monsters at some point, am I wrong (but it's cool)?

Siggy hasn't updated her suit from 1.95 to 1.96, she's not gonna win if she keep the automatic update off, security questions!! :)

jonrender

Sep 20, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! The difficulty is intentional for builds before getting to 2.0.
You know what v1.95 is? It's shit.
THE! SHIT!
The gameplay, the dialogues, the puzzles, the scenes. Everything is awesome! Thank you for making this.

Reactions: ViperV

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Is there a dificulty option considered is the future?
Because 1.95 suit to the medium-hard mode.
1.96 is pretty much like medium.
Some guys complains with the 1.95 difficulty but I hope we will have the opportunity to adjust it to our taste.

To make things differents with the other games and the difficulty levels, instead of just raising or lowering monsters count and hit points, maybe you can also adjust spells like between these two versions.
Increasing/decreasing CD - cast speed, raise/lower amount of summons, etc...

For the puzzles, you can add an hint if Siggy has passed some time stuck behind a door (for those who don't read or understand the Tutotem), activable or not via a switch in the option menu, or linked with the difficulty?

Has you said, you need some rest... I will not bother you anymore with suggestions until next version. :D
GJ and GL.

Reactions: ViperV

Joseph-Stalin

Jun 12, 2018

Divine Arms v1.96, got it for free, somehow. Better share it comrades, before they realize it was given to the wrong person.

Reactions: nyahiro
1.90 star(s) 8 Votes