Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
That was the subject of my workday earlier this week. It may be a little rough at first when it returns, but it'll be back in the next update late this month!
Nice, I feel naked without the ability to just rollback if I accidently double click a conversation :giggle:

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Nice, I feel naked without the ability to just rollback if I accidently double click a conversation :giggle:
Yeah... removing rollback was a sledgehammer fix to some issues that I didn't know how to fix when I started the game. I always wanted to put it back in, just had to get the time and think through it to do it right. Now that I'm older and wiser (if only by technicality), might as well get it done.

Reactions: Ismjahson

SteelMemes

Dec 10, 2019
I really like the game thus far. I think the writing is pretty charming and the combat has a pretty decent base. Quick question, though, I notice that normal is "balanced around pursuing 1-2 people". Are there going to be mechanics against powerleveling affection/trust events for all companions or is it just a pacing thing?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I really like the game thus far. I think the writing is pretty charming and the combat has a pretty decent base. Quick question, though, I notice that normal is "balanced around pursuing 1-2 people". Are there going to be mechanics against powerleveling affection/trust events for all companions or is it just a pacing thing?
It's just pacing - if you run battles with 1 girl and use camp events to make another like you, you can have 1-2 new scenes every day while playing the game normally. Trying to max everyone would take a bit of grinding.

You can use easy mode in options for 3x trust/affection to skip the grind, and sometime in the next few updates I'll add a proper cheat menu to max everyone's trust/affection for free.

Reactions: SteelMemes

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
It's just pacing - if you run battles with 1 girl and use camp events to make another like you, you can have 1-2 new scenes every day while playing the game normally. Trying to max everyone would take a bit of grinding.

You can use easy mode in options for 3x trust/affection to skip the grind, and sometime in the next few updates I'll add a proper cheat menu to max everyone's trust/affection for free.
Wait is easy mode only affection gain? I assumed it was about combat difficulty.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Wait is easy mode only affection gain? I assumed it was about combat difficulty.
If you mouse over it, it explains what it does - 3x XP, affection, and trust. You will very rapidly outscale enemies and have absolutely 0 challenge with any of the game past the first few battles.

Long term there will probably be an actual hard mode (enemies gaining new abilities) and 'easy mode' will be split up into a proper cheat menu where you can decide what bonuses you want, but in the meantime, Easy Mode is just there for people who are just there for the lewds.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
16b update.png

Changelog;
  • The game has been ported to 1080p. Characters should look MUCH sharper and have their canon heights.
  • The UI has been updated for the new size and improved in some cases.
  • There's an all-new, auto-populating UI for camp visits now that displays event requirements even if you don't meet them yet.
  • Aether training was completely revamped. There are now five scenes, including one with Sarah, and a significant increase in the amount of affection and aether corruption gained.
  • There are also five new unlock traits (which don't cost additional attunement) that unlock a variety of new abilities across five different 'schools'. There will be more abilities in the future, some of them are pretty lean right now.
  • Sarah has a new night scene, cowgirl position, unlocked at 6 affection.
  • Rollback is back, and functional everywhere but in battles and certain parts of adventures. Let me know if anything seems weird.
0.16 ended up being heavy on the technical side of things - the UI stuff took a lot more work than I had feared, and while I think the Aether training stuff came out well, it was also a lot of work. 0.17 is planned for early December and will focus more on the plot, relationship, and lewd sides of things.

Thanks to jiffic for the new background icon for the banner as well!

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
How do you unlock the 5 new traits?
Finish Metatron's Aether training 1-3, which unlocks her training 4 to unlock 3 of them, and Sarah's training for the last 2.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I did those but it only unlocked abilities but no new traits
Oh, you get the traits for free for finishing those. It's the ones like Geburah Initiate. The abilities require various combinations of those traits, though it may not be obvious ingame.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
View attachment 1481837

Changelog;
  • The game has been ported to 1080p. Characters should look MUCH sharper and have their canon heights.
  • The UI has been updated for the new size and improved in some cases.
  • There's an all-new, auto-populating UI for camp visits now that displays event requirements even if you don't meet them yet.
  • Aether training was completely revamped. There are now five scenes, including one with Sarah, and a significant increase in the amount of affection and aether corruption gained.
  • There are also five new unlock traits (which don't cost additional attunement) that unlock a variety of new abilities across five different 'schools'. There will be more abilities in the future, some of them are pretty lean right now.
  • Sarah has a new night scene, cowgirl position, unlocked at 6 affection.
  • Rollback is back, and functional everywhere but in battles and certain parts of adventures. Let me know if anything seems weird.
0.16 ended up being heavy on the technical side of things - the UI stuff took a lot more work than I had feared, and while I think the Aether training stuff came out well, it was also a lot of work. 0.17 is planned for early December and will focus more on the plot, relationship, and lewd sides of things.
Nice! I am looking forward to play it!

• Red Heart

BlindBigot

Sep 24, 2021
"otherworldly energies offer much, but will change your body over time."
Will it turn protagonist into a tentacle monster?:D

• Haha

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Man, I am so putting a ring on Metatron's finger in my main playthrough, her dialogue's just wonderfully written.

On a less indulgent note, rollback sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and I'm not sure what the deciding factor is.
Also, mechanical questions! How do Traits like Precision (Increases physical crit chance by 10%) work with hybrid attacks that deal, say, both physical and fire damage?
And what about Warding (Increases resistance growth by 0.2) and similar effects, do they apply retroactively?
EDIT: I just realized the enemy is named "Mauthe Doog", is that intentional?
EDIT: You know what? I should probably just go ahead and ask what exactly growth is and how it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevart and Cryswar
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes