maroder

Jun 17, 2017
And what about Warding (Increases resistance growth by 0.2) and similar effects, do they apply retroactively?
yes

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
If Sam is not a "her" you need gay tags.
There is no gay content with MSam. The original idea was to have some threesomes with them, but people didn't really seem interested so right now he's just kinda there as your bro if you pick him lol.

Man, I am so putting a ring on Metatron's finger in my main playthrough, her dialogue's just wonderfully written.

On a less indulgent note, rollback sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and I'm not sure what the deciding factor is.
Also, mechanical questions! How do Traits like Precision (Increases physical crit chance by 10%) work with hybrid attacks that deal, say, both physical and fire damage?
And what about Warding (Increases resistance growth by 0.2) and similar effects, do they apply retroactively?
EDIT: I just realized the enemy is named "Mauthe Doog", is that intentional?
EDIT: You know what? I should probably just go ahead and ask what exactly growth is and how it works.
Metatron is a wonderful genocidal cinnamon roll!

This is the first update where rollback has been re-added so it may be a bit funky, but the idea is that you cannot roll back in combat, back to a previous step in adventures, or after time passes in camp. During conversations and adventure events you can roll back/forward freely. Part of the reason I originally disabled it was that it seemed to get buggy when there was too much Python going on, but I wanted to get it working for conversations and events at least.

As long as the ability deals some physical damage it should get the benefit of Precision. If you had a separate trait (not currently implemented) that added Fire crit chance, they would stack for that ability.

Growth traits are applied retroactively. Adding growth in the progress screen is not, since you can just apply the stats manually yourself and turn on/off the growth at will.

Mauthe Doog is from British folklore, there's a wiki entry . While Mauthe Doog isn't a perfect transcription of the original Moddey Dhoo, I think it sounds cooler LOL.

Growth adds to the named stat on each levelup. As mentioned before, growth traits (ex. Warding) ARE retroactive and can be applied at any time.

Are these character sprites original or not?
Yes. I've commissioned 3 artists so far, all of which should be listed in the About section; Houpo did FSam art, Jiffic/jfc did Metatron, Mistimagi did Ashley and Celica and hopefully soon Sarah. The background images are used under CC-BY licenses, which basically means "free as long as I give credit", though long term I'd like to commission custom backgrounds.

yes
Yes, growth traits apply retroactively.

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
There is no gay content with MSam. The original idea was to have some threesomes with them, but people didn't really seem interested so right now he's just kinda there as your bro if you pick him lol.

Metatron is a wonderful genocidal cinnamon roll!

This is the first update where rollback has been re-added so it may be a bit funky, but the idea is that you cannot roll back in combat, back to a previous step in adventures, or after time passes in camp. During conversations and adventure events you can roll back/forward freely. Part of the reason I originally disabled it was that it seemed to get buggy when there was too much Python going on, but I wanted to get it working for conversations and events at least.

As long as the ability deals some physical damage it should get the benefit of Precision. If you had a separate trait (not currently implemented) that added Fire crit chance, they would stack for that ability.

Growth traits are applied retroactively. Adding growth in the progress screen is not, since you can just apply the stats manually yourself and turn on/off the growth at will.

Mauthe Doog is from British folklore, there's a wiki entry . While Mauthe Doog isn't a perfect transcription of the original Moddey Dhoo, I think it sounds cooler LOL.

Growth adds to the named stat on each levelup. As mentioned before, growth traits (ex. Warding) ARE retroactive and can be applied at any time.

Yes. I've commissioned 3 artists so far, all of which should be listed in the About section; Houpo did FSam art, Jiffic/jfc did Metatron, Mistimagi did Ashley and Celica and hopefully soon Sarah. The background images are used under CC-BY licenses, which basically means "free as long as I give credit", though long term I'd like to commission custom backgrounds.

Yes, growth traits apply retroactively.
Shame about the lack of Samaroth, but I don't begrudge the choice. Less demand for that, and enough people are homophobic that they'd avoid the game just because it has it at all. I would say that without a romanceable male Sam, is there a need for the option at all? I imagine it creates more work for you and I doubt many people will choose it. Best of luck!

Reactions: Cryswar

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Sorry for asking but about how many hours of content is there in the game? I hate waiting for new content if I finish the current version early.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Shame about the lack of Samaroth, but I don't begrudge the choice. Less demand for that, and enough people are homophobic that they'd avoid the game just because it has it at all. I would say that without a romanceable male Sam, is there a need for the option at all? I imagine it creates more work for you and I doubt many people will choose it. Best of luck!
Naw, I get you. I have no issue with the content; honestly, I would like for it to be an option 'cuz I think it'd be nice to just have the option. Homophobia or no, two dudes having a positive relationship is the kind of thing I'd like to support. I just don't think I could write it well with my current skills, and there's sooo much to do first.

MSam has certainly added a fair amount of work for little payoff so far, we'll see how the MMF stuff goes before I finalize the decision of what to do with him. This is my first game, it's been a... learning experience lmao.

Sorry for asking but about how many hours of content is there in the game? I hate waiting for new content if I finish the current version early.
Depends a lot on your reading speed, I've had people tell me it took them 10-15 min to beat the first boss, while others take 45+ to get halfway there. Assuming a somewhat average reading speed, that you get most/all of the girls' content on one playthrough, and don't use the easy mode cheat; probably around 4-6 hours. If you read fast or speedrun the content and aren't interested in all the girls, probably closer to 2-3.

That said, this is a WIP game so there will always be waiting periods. I update every month and post daily updates during progress so there's little risk of me disappearing, but if you want to maximize the content available, waiting is perfectly reasonable.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Plenty of text-based games with M/M content; of course, those games also tend to have a buttload of exotic fetishes like dickgirls. Nice to have a straight content game where you're not one accidental click or defeat away from your character taking it up the ass or getting orally raped whether you want it or not.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Plenty of text-based games with M/M content; of course, those games also tend to have a buttload of exotic fetishes like dickgirls. Nice to have a straight content game where you're not one accidental click or defeat away from your character taking it up the ass or getting orally raped whether you want it or not.
Haha... I'm not the only one with PTSD of that damn tree, huh? It does seem frustratingly common.

• Haha
Reactions: zARRR

EthelTheLost

Jan 5, 2019
Right, whoever designed Astaroth has definitely read a certain piece of (fan)fiction and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
My mistake, it's probably 'Ashley'. I haven't even played this game, I was just scrolling through the images and saw 'Astaroth' and a character that looked a lot like the aforementioned Ashtaroth.
Ohhh, right, that makes perfect sense then. Yeah, Ashley is the succubus in skimpy latex, Astaroth is the default name of the MC. Unfortunately I have no idea what piece of fan-fic you're referring to, though.

Speaking of, that's a very dramatic name for a kid from the boonies even if his parents are retired adventurers, what's up with that Cryswar ?

BlindBigot

Sep 24, 2021
Ohhh, right, that makes perfect sense then. Yeah, Ashley is the succubus in skimpy latex, Astaroth is the default name of the MC. Unfortunately I have no idea what piece of fan-fic you're referring to, though.

Speaking of, that's a very dramatic name for a kid from the boonies even if his parents are retired adventurers, what's up with that Cryswar ?
I think it's a plot hook, gonna turn out that Astaroth is either a reincarnation of some powerful demon or that he is adopted.

EthelTheLost

Jan 5, 2019
I mean, I was being intentionally vague. I'm sure if you really went hunting, you could find it but the fic itself wasn't relevant enough for me to add more detail.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
There's a Puella Magi fanfic on a forum where the mc is an OC Witch named Ashtaroth. Fanart of that witch as a 'regular' magical girl looks basically almost exactly like this game's Astaroth.
I've never read a Madoka fanfic in my life, though I did enjoy the anime and Rebellion. It sounds like you're referring to Ashley, whose hair was very loosely inspired by Deutschland from Azur Lane but otherwise original. Don't know if her personality is anything similar to the fanfic character you mentioned.

A. I thought it sounded cool.
B. It'll have some fun meaning down the road, especially if you go Nether.
C. Ignoring the demon stuff, it has some meaning attached to the idea.
D. Your parents are very well educated and knowledgeable about a lot of stuff, but weirdos, so their naming scheme isn't necessarily gonna be normal village stuff.

Celica is also a fairly unusual name, though Sam(antha/uel) isn't.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes