Deleted member 136796

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Can someone help me? the game didn't start and get me this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 205, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
AttributeError: 'SWDraw' object has no attribute 'scale_fast'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3516, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2380, in draw_screen
renpy.display.draw.draw_screen(surftree)
File "renpy/display/swdraw.py", line 869, in draw_screen
if self.scale_fast:
AttributeError: 'SWDraw' object has no attribute 'scale_fast'

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Djinn 1.01
Mon Feb 22 13:35:33 2021
One of my patrons got this same error but I have no idea what it is, would be helpful if someone else knew.

Reactions: Hrenheim

P.zeus

Jan 2, 2018
Awesome game mechanics and render but very little story and how come immediately her dick became big so did every other futa, it makes it way less special, at least make her the only futa apart from bast or make her enlarge dick really make her stand out while other futas have seemingly smaller or a little bit above average dick

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Had to download another game and use their .exe files to get the game to run without hitting that .exe error. I have now made a backup of those 2 files so I can use them again when needed when I hit that error with other renpy games and not have to download the file again.

I think the FC looked great at the start of the game but then she changed and lost her originality and became like everyone else in the game. I bet the boob and dick doctor made a killing in this city.

I changed the dads name to the scarecrow though I could of probably of even named them Ichabod Crane or maybe I should of named them saladfingers. When he was complaining about his problems I was like dude just get smaller underwear so that it make it look bigger. I mean your already doing it just go smaller then that.

The second I saw that ugly fucker I was like well the mother never has to worry about me ever wanting or letting her work for that erection killer. Dude looks like he was hit with every single ugly tree there is on the planet. Can't wait till you can throw the money in their face and tell them to fuck off.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
guys please read what I said before most renpy games have been getting false positives for viruses that means it's detecting a file it doesn't like I don't know what it is but this game doesn't have a virus I'll add it to the op because people don't seem to know how to go back a few pages

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Dark Coven

My problem has nothing to do with false positives or virus's it has to do with the newest renpy version which can sometimes throw up a this .exe is not compatible error when trying to start a game but using this other .exe from a different game fixed that error.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
im confused is this a follow up to shade, or out right a replacement
Yes...
It's the combination of Shade and Sins together with a soft-reboot/remake of what was originally in Shade, and is connected with Summoner's Legacy.

VIRUS?
Windows say its win32/wacatac.d'5!ml
No virus, it's clean.
The version of Ren'Py being used throws up false positives.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
I think the FC looked great at the start of the game but then she changed and lost her originality and became like everyone else in the game. I bet the boob and dick doctor made a killing in this city.
Glad I'm not the only one. I really liked her look at the start, but after like the first 2min, she cut her hair and now looks like the other FC in this series. Really, you can barely tell them apart (just some color differences). That was disappointing.

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
I remember now the problem with .exe not working...
I saw in another thread/game it has to do with the '.exe game icon'
I think it's a problem the newest Renpy version introduced...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So for people having problem with 'Not a valide .exe'... Download the compressed version and replace both .exe

Chasmalim Do you think it's worth posting this 'not a valide .exe' workaround in the OP?

Last edited:

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I remember now the problem with .exe not working...
I saw in another thread/game it has to do with the '.exe game icon'
I think it's a problem the newest Renpy version introduced...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So for people having problem with 'Not a valide .exe'... Download the compressed version and replace both .exe

Chasmalim Do you think it's worth posting this 'not a valide .exe' workaround in the OP?
thanks for the fix I'll add it to the op and just letting you know I handle the f95 side

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Reactions: Potoum

Thanatos

May 21, 2017
for people having trouble with being unable to open the exes my guess is your computer is outdated we are using the latest version of renpy so maybe it doesn't work with windows 7
My PC is running a Ryzen 5 3600 with 32GB of RAM and a 2070 Super with Windows 7 64 bit, so I'm pretty sure my PC is not too old or outdated, besides this is the first time I had this problem with a renpy game so far, so either you are the only developer using the newest version, or the problem lies somewhere else.

Edit: The fix with the icon you just posted didn't fix my problem either.

It didn't work for me too (on my Windows 10), but I was able to solve the problem. I download сompressed version by JokerLeader and simply replaced original EXE-file for сompressed one — and it works now. May be it'll help someone.
Thanks for the tip! Worked for me too.

Reactions: Potoum
3.90 star(s) 12 Votes