VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.5.4.1 beta
Size 164 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR

Last edited:

OkanSeven

Apr 21, 2017
im really curious why every game dev have bad pc :) Most game dev anti social or life problems always ... Not for u im saying.

DDOS really good game , hope u great success ur game first ,

For myself im saying only , every update start new game really boring .. finish party routes first after story forward really not possible ? GGGB not good example ? im not professional , fix me if im wrong .

i didnt try new update or i dont think so really.. i dont remember story much too anymore ..when party started .. 1 year before or more ? For every update 1-2 scenes .. im sure when ur started game not issue enough scenes if i remember right . every update become shorter and shorter .

i dont think animations exist or not problem ur game . Slow updates and starting new game almost every update problem i believe ..

My thoughts only . Sincerely great success ur game i wish .
Out of morbid curiosity, what game did you confuse it for?

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
im really curious why every game dev have bad pc :) Most game dev anti social or life problems always ... Not for u im saying.

DDOS really good game , hope u great success ur game first ,

For myself im saying only , every update start new game really boring .. finish party routes first after story forward really not possible ? GGGB not good example ? im not professional , fix me if im wrong .

i didnt try new update or i dont think so really.. i dont remember story much too anymore ..when party started .. 1 year before or more ? For every update 1-2 scenes .. im sure when ur started game not issue enough scenes if i remember right . every update become shorter and shorter .

i dont think animations exist or not problem ur game . Slow updates and starting new game almost every update problem i believe ..

My thoughts only . Sincerely great success ur game i wish .
I'm not sure I am completely understanding what you are saying on some of your points so I will do my best.

Firstly, I have a very decent computer, though I did overheat my motherboard a few months back and I have upgraded my graphics cards a couple of times now and I was able to do that because of the wonderful support I have gotten from you guys. The reason a lot things take so long is a matter of quality. To get the high end renders that I want to use for this game, it takes several hours if not longer. It is why I only do full CGs for sex scenes and other important events and do sprites for the rest. The only way at this point that I can speed up the time it takes to render scenes is by either reducing the number of renders or upgrading the hardware of my computer. As the person I was responding to was essentially asking for me to add hundreds more renders to each scene, that leaves me with the only option of getting better hardware, thus my previous comment.

I have been past the party in terms of content for a while now. There was simply one path that I had not finished because most people weren't on that path and by that point I was really burnt out doing the same party over and over again. This update was focused on bringing every single path up to the same point as well as making sure all your choices were being accounted for properly. So now all paths end after modeling for Des in the Art Room/The Harper Training event.

Now that all the paths are caught up I will start working on the Sorority event, Harper sugar momma event, and exploring some of the job offers that Vivian has gotten.

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
I'm no expert, but from what I understand, while you could use a gaming PC to do renders, you run the risk of overheating your hardware. When you play First Person shooters (or other graphically intense applications) you aren't going to be running your GPUs at max for huge lengths of time, when there is a lot of physics to process, your PC can either handle it, or it drops the Frames per second down to a lower rate. When you are rendering, if there spare capacity on the GPUs then it just renders faster, thus your GPUs will be running hot continuously. This means that rendering rigs need to have better than normal cooling, and ideally need to be somewhere where the heat can't build up, otherwise the cooling (be it air or water based) becomes less and less effective as the room heats ups.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I'm no expert, but from what I understand, while you could use a gaming PC to do renders, you run the risk of overheating your hardware. When you play First Person shooters (or other graphically intense applications) you aren't going to be running your GPUs at max for huge lengths of time, when there is a lot of physics to process, your PC can either handle it, or it drops the Frames per second down to a lower rate. When you are rendering, if there spare capacity on the GPUs then it just renders faster, thus your GPUs will be running hot continuously. This means that rendering rigs need to have better than normal cooling, and ideally need to be somewhere where the heat can't build up, otherwise the cooling (be it air or water based) becomes less and less effective as the room heats ups.
You are correct. :) And it was the CPU in my case that destroyed my motherboard. I just had got done rendering a pretty taxing scene for over 8 hours straight and it was a pretty crappy motherboard. I have since gotten a new motherboard and bought a water cooling system and will actually this month be moving to a new tower with better fans and airflow. However the temperature of the apartment is honestly my biggest struggle. My computer is like a space heater at this point and where I live is pretty much never cold so in the summer even with the AC on it can be a fight to keep it cool. I have taken to not rendering anything in the afternoon when it is the hottest and have a dedicated fan blowing on it to just keep the air moving. :ROFLMAO:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
8 hours for one in-game render is not reasonable. Which one out of curiosity ? I don't remember a render with more than 3 characters on display or lots of environment assets. I bet your GPU has low memory and DAZ uses your CPU to render fully. It's not recommended. Your DAZ config is messed up somewhere or can largely be improved.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
8 hours for one in-game render is not reasonable. Which one out of curiosity ? I don't remember a render with more than 3 characters on display or lots of environment assets. I bet your GPU has low memory and DAZ uses your CPU to render fully. It's not recommended. Your DAZ config is messed up somewhere or can largely be improved.
Most of them were in the CFO office during the harper event. and I have a 6gb memory card. I am wanting to get an 8 or even 12 but everything is sold out at the moment so unless I want to pay scalpers I am SOL for the time being. There have been a few others that have taken a while as well but those usually are due to lighting more than the scene itself as Daz has trouble with dark scenes and shadows, which is why I have started rendering the scene much brighter than I want and then darkening it in photoshop afterwards.

May 4, 2020
Most of them were in the CFO office during the harper event. and I have a 6gb memory card. I am wanting to get an 8 or even 12 but everything is sold out at the moment so unless I want to pay scalpers I am SOL for the time being. There have been a few others that have taken a while as well but those usually are due to lighting more than the scene itself as Daz has trouble with dark scenes and shadows, which is why I have started rendering the scene much brighter than I want and then darkening it in photoshop afterwards.
What are you specs? if you don't mind me asking? I'm a big fan btw. If I can help with rendering or something let me know I'm still new to all this.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
What are you specs? if you don't mind me asking? I'm a big fan btw. If I can help with rendering or something let me know I'm still new to all this.
Ryzen 9 3950x
32 gb RAM
RTX 2060
GTX 1050

And I don't know how you would be able to help me render, as you would have to have all the same assets as me in order for you to be able to load the save files. Though if you are really interested and have some ideas, go ahead and PM me and we can talk.

KING VR

Nov 28, 2019
Ryzen 9 3950x
32 gb RAM
RTX 2060
GTX 1050

And I don't know how you would be able to help me render, as you would have to have all the same assets as me in order for you to be able to load the save files. Though if you are really interested and have some ideas, go ahead and PM me and we can talk.
What PSU are you using(this is the most important component)?
What motherboard are you using?
Which Country do you live in?

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I can't remember my power source and I'm rendering so I can't open it up and look. but I know it is at least 720wts
but my motherboard is a MSI ms-7c56 x64
and why is my country important? :ROFLMAO:

cbing92

Apr 26, 2020
added stinger ending if you are living with Des or Evaline
How do I get to this? The last interaction I had with Des was in her dorm after the painting session, and I playing only through mom's and Des's route.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
You have to turn your mom down either at the party or by staying home then turn her down again the next morning. Vivian will then move out and live with des or evaline

Reactions: hotNess and cbing92

KING VR

Nov 28, 2019
I can't remember my power source and I'm rendering so I can't open it up and look. but I know it is at least 720wts
but my motherboard is a MSI ms-7c56 x64
and why is my country important? :ROFLMAO:
Yes. Please do look into the PSU and let us know. Because if it is of some lower quality variant then it would be better if you swapped it out asap. That can also be the reason for the Board to be fried. That MSI board is decent, would have recommended ASUS TUF Gaming board over it but is fine.
I asked Country just to look up for the options available in your area for looking into suitable recommendations.

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
When buying PSUs they are generally rated as either bronze, silver or gold. Even if the PSUs have the same wattage, there is a big difference in how efficient they are, typically bronze are about 80% efficient (in terms of how much electricity gets converted into heat), in addition to how much extra heat they pump into the room, PSUs which run hot, run the risk of power spiking which can damage boards and/or components. Unfortunately the gains of gold supplies are numerically small (about 90% efficiency at best) and the cost increase is substantial. Still it may be worth it to avoid frying your prized rig.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes