VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
On the subject of Desiree's sexual orientation.
It may be more complicated than we thought. o_O
Des previously only dated men. And kissed a few girls. Now she falls into Viv's arms seemingly at the drop of a hat.
What's going on here. :LOL:
Des's easy acceptance of Viv might mean:
- falling in love with Viv. True love and all that.
- Des was bisexual, just didn't realize it before
- Viv's (magic) seduction skills

First point doesn't need explanation. Love transcends all.

Second is tougher. If Des was bisexual, why did she not go further than kissing. I guess, if one of the girls she kissed was Eva, it might be down to Eva and Des not liking it in the end. But the other ones? It could be a similar situation to Viv. Social norms / pressure leading to her not pursuing it further. But unlike Viv, she doesn't say she didn't enjoy it at all. Thus she could be bisexual.

Third point. If it is due to Viv's seduction skills, then it would have happened far earlier. Not to speak of the nonexistence of said skills! Only after Viv's wondrous transformation the other women show any interest in her. As we discussed before, Tara played a role in Viv's sexual awakening and stirring up dormant traits or desires. Maybe with a helping of magic glitter on top to make her look more attractive in the eyes of the beholder. In this case Des is still heterosexual but curious. ;)

EDIT
Unrelated. But not really. Did Tara boost Viv's dad's attractiveness? And that enabled him to gather his harem? Or did she help him in other ways? Like financial success that made him an attractive prospect? :)
So the opposite of obfuscation? Instead of the "don't notice me" that we know Tara can use, but the complete opposite?

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
So the opposite of obfuscation? Instead of the "don't notice me" that we know Tara can use, but the complete opposite?
We've discussed this before. That Tara helps her realize her desires and pushes her to be more confident (at least in the domina path). But some of you argued that that was not enough for what we see in the game.
We don't see much of a difference in Viv's appearance bar the make-up and change of clothes. Plus her more confident behavior. Yet somehow people notice her more. Is it all down just to that? If it was a Hollywood movie, I'd say yes. Likewise without the presence of magic in this world. And this being a game. I'd be fine with it.
So think of it like a charm spell. An alluring aura, if you will. :)
As I wrote, Tara could have done the same for Viv's father.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I just took a look at one of the scripts and if we consider Katherine's line "They say that all girls in this city are bi or just straight up lesbian." like I have considered in my theory about Tara and the city, the discussion about Des's orientation becomes moot. I think she is bisexual then. And not just that. Des's line about rumors about the city "That only women are born in this city and they are all exceptionally beautiful." is in a a different paragraph. Shit. That would mean Tara could turn people gay regardless of a my previous theory, setting their sex and orientation during their prenatal development. That doesn't mean that she doesn't do it, ensuring that in one fell swoop a beautiful and gay (or bi) girl is born. Just that she could turn adults gay too. Boom! My head is starting to hurt. o_O
That doesn't entirely rule out that Des could have been straight but a bit curious before. But it's unlikely due to being impractical from Tara's hypothetical perspective.

edit
If we combine it with my theory about the nature of Tara's magic, the "magic radiation" theory, the city is irradiated by magic. Magic even may cover it like fallout. And simply living in it could turn a woman gay in time. Viv may not had been born gay, but turned gay since she lived long enough in New Amsterdam. Same with the other girls.

I think we are close to cracking the code guys. :geek:

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I will never confirm or deny something that has not already been explained in game. Other than that, speculate all you want.
Wow that was a quick response. I wasn't sure how busy you were at the moment, since occasionally you do comment every now and again to confirm what is in the game so far. And what we are still yet to discover.

I guess since I'm getting invested in the game now, sorting through what we know and what we're guessing is a thing for me to do now. And clarifications from the dev are always appreciated.

Meanwhile, having fun in the AWAM thread since the event L&P is working on is the concert in the biker bar, and the latest teaser he's asked not to post here, which likely is only the MC and her sister dancing, and getting ogled by the old bikers. And not even sexy dancing, since the event isn't focused on the sister.

L&P has threatened not to release "teasers" anymore if it gets leaked here, so I mentioned the bar event here is better anyway.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Let me push my magic theory further. Spells can be cast with different amounts of energy. Just as different spells. Which if I continue my nuclear analogy could mean a different "half-life", in this case a varying length of time the spell lingers in the environment until it dissipates. Like radioactive isotopes have their own half-life and different effects on living tissue. Plus the amount of the isotope present gives the strength of the effect. Like with the alpha, beta and gamma radiation resulting from decay of said isotopes. :cool:
Plus if Tara indeed emlpoys other demons, they can be carrying out her orders and casting spells too in addition of serving as informants. :)
We could have an entire menagerie of magical creatures. Demons, pixies and other fairies, and so on. Maybe even human mages. :) Think World of darkness which Vampire: the masquerade is a part of. :geek:

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I haven't tried Eva's route yet, but the walkthrough says to have a romantic relationship with Eva, Viv must refuse to have sex with her this early in their relationship.
You don't need a walkthrough for that info. Just ask Tara. It is also a bit funny, Tara recommends not engaging too much with Des either or she will become too clingy. Seriously, Tara is the best hint system ever. :)

Regarding Des's sexuality. One tidbit I didn't see you mention is that after every time Des has a breakup with a boyfriend she swears that she never want anything to do with men again. Of course all previous times she doesn't have a supercharged Viv to take care of her instead. :)

About Mom being a tough nut to crack. The problem is to get Mom to admit there are any romantic feelings between them. She only acknowledges motherly and sexual feelings. Maybe she is afraid of romance? Maybe we need to crack her through Eve? Is it better to reject her or not is also a question. Unfortunately, Tara doesn't say too much about Mom to help us.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Now I'm imagining that you look on on all the speculation and think "lets throw in a few red herrings in next update to throw off the scent". :LOL:
I can't wait to be proven wrong in the next updates. :alien: Like when people believed the Earth is the centre of the universe and planets, sun and all the stars revolve around Earth. :)

Reactions: bacienvu88

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
You don't need a walkthrough for that info. Just ask Tara. It is also a bit funny, Tara recommends not engaging too much with Des either or she will become too clingy. Seriously, Tara is the best hint system ever. :)

Regarding Des's sexuality. One tidbit I didn't see you mention is that after every time Des has a breakup with a boyfriend she swears that she never want anything to do with men again. Of course all previous times she doesn't have a supercharged Viv to take care of her instead. :)

About Mom being a tough nut to crack. The problem is to get Mom to admit there are any romantic feelings between them. She only acknowledges motherly and sexual feelings. Maybe she is afraid of romance? Maybe we need to crack her through Eve? Is it better to reject her or not is also a question. Unfortunately, Tara doesn't say too much about Mom to help us.
I wrote that in a previous post. That Tara recommends not to spoil Des too much and neither to ignore he too much, or she will leave Viv.
I didn't go as far as writing that Des swears to be done with guys after each break up, but I mentioned that every time she breaks up, she gets depressed and then repeats the cycle. :confused:
I think Eva is just another doll for mom to play with. Even if she treats her as Viv's sister that doesn't mean there are any romantic feelings involved. Same case as Viv.
I don't think flowers and chocolate will do the trick. Or anything you could buy her. At least not the usual sort.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Maybe like Crimsonfiend76 wrote, mom needs to realize she has a chance for a deeper, more meaningful relationship, instead of her usual affairs. Especially as she is getting older, as she points out to Viv. And that she had enough time to fool around.
I'm not sure what action is romantic enough for mom. Perhaps if Viv set herself on fire holding a plate saying "I love you mom." :cautious:
What if mom is still in love with her husband and / or remains faithful to him? Thus she doesn't allow herself to fall in love again. She still wears the ring, doesn't she? Maybe if she saw something in Viv that reminded her of her husband. Like she considered it as him "passing the torch" to Viv to take care of her. Finally allowing herself to love again.
But I would prefer if mom loved Viv for herself not because Viv reminds her of someone else.

Last edited:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I can't remember if Mother was also marked as LI?
Eva and Des were but I think there may be a deeper relationship with the mother. and how about Harper's sugar mommy route, LI route?

Edit:
BTW I found Zoey Raven's comment regarding why (s)he abandoned the DDoS WT.

I have to say that I understand him, even after a year, I'm not sure I've seen everything :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I can't remember if Mother was also marked as LI?
Eva and Des were but I think there may be a deeper relationship with the mother. and how about Harper's sugar mommy route, LI route?
Harper's sugar momma route is yet to be developed. ;)
Mom is a fan favorite among several users here. :LOL:
Mom does have several paths available. Mom and Viv open relationship, mom and Viv attempt at romance, mom and Viv hopeless attempt at a monogamous relationship, mom and Viv and Eva. Viv can either spend time with mom at home or go with her to the party. Even take Eva with them.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
You can read about our frustration over the seemingly impossible task to win her heart. :cry: Sorry, but we have spent here overall entire pages lamenting over their relationship. I consider her the "ultimate prize" you can get in DDoS, partly because how hard she seems to win over. Not just sex, mind you.
I even have a crazy theory how to accomplish that I'm going to share. :cool:

Last edited:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Mom and Viv open relationship, mom and Viv attempt at romance,
So there is a romance path already? I got nothing but an "open" relationship thing(At home, hotel) or I miss something.
Damn I hate Saturday/party day because it can shape the story in so many different directions

• Haha

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
At the hotel in the morning she asks you if you accept her offer to have an open relationship with her. You can just roll with it, say you want her to be your girlfriend and even that you want to have her for yourself. If you say girlfriend she says no, that your relationship is already special as you are mother and daughter. You respond that you will win her heart and to demonstrate you refuse to have sex at the moment. After that it's the same as if you picked open relationship. For now at least. If you choose the option that you want her for yourself, she is strongly against it, argumenting that you are young and shouldn't tie yourself down to an old woman, then says she has her own life and relationships she doesn't want to break but if you insist, she reluctantly accepts but under the condition that you don't sleep with anyone else the entire summer and she will dial down her affairs. Not completely putting a stop to them though. After that it continues like usual for the next few scenes. I admit I didn't follow this path to the end of the available content as I was pissed at her. :cry:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
if you insist, she reluctantly accepts but under the condition that you don't sleep with anyone else the entire summer and she will dial down her affairs.
I had forgotten this but I havent played the mom route enough.. I guess and now there is Eva+Vivian+Mom path.

Let's see what future updates will bring us and I wait that aunt meeting and how it goes(Its only mom reject path or other as well)

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes