VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Hello everyone. So as usual I'm hard at work, I promise. I can't say for certain if I will have the sorority party done by Monday, but my plan is to at least do another update continuing at least some of the paths happening at the party and also do another Mother Lovers update along with it. Here is a little preview of what will be happening in that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Is it possible to get Evaline to go shopping with you? I can get Des and Mom but can't figure out a way to have her join me.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Okay v5.4 has been out for several hours now and the PC link is still MLS v3.1... :( I hope this is fixed soon. I wants to play.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Okay v5.4 has been out for several hours now and the PC link is still MLS v3.1... :( I hope this is fixed soon. I wants to play.
MLS is 3.1 and is public.
DDS is 5.3 (AFAIK) and thus can't be here in any case. Don't know where you have this information that 5.4 should already be out. From my information, that will happen in next few days.

panebflo

Dec 29, 2017
because it's not complete, it's just a beta version of 5.4 with only the beginning of the sorority party. the party hasn't even started.

The first sentence of the update:
"This part is in beta please save before this. Everything from here on is subject to change."

For Eva to go shopping with Viv, if I remember correctly you should not invite Des to your house, and decide to go to the party but not with her mother, and naturally invite Eva.
This should work to help Eva cheat and help Eva do the final paper.

But it's been a long time since I've done these paths, I could be wrong.

Which makes me think that I didn't test the path where Eva Des and Viv are fighting at Rebecca's party for 5.4. I'm going there right now.

Last edited:

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
Why are updates started to release so slowly?
It is probably because of the huge number of permutations in the early game. The more choices you have, the more pathways you have to code for, and it dramatically adds time when you test the paths as you have to make sure the story is consistent with the choices you have made. This is why an awful lot of "choices matter" games feel very linear and the choices just lightly season the plot rather than truly alter it.

krollmeister

Aug 9, 2017
actually like the path where you get upset & turn down mom and the whole incest thing as Vivs reactions felt realistic, was a bit confused by the meeting with your aunt afterwards, is she really ok with you not wanting to be a part of things, or is she using indifference and wanting to help you as a front to hide how upset and disappointed she is at Viv for rejecting & not wanting to be a part of their incest lifestyle

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
actually like the path where you get upset & turn down mom and the whole incest thing as Vivs reactions felt realistic, was a bit confused by the meeting with your aunt afterwards, is she really ok with you not wanting to be a part of things, or is she using indifference and wanting to help you as a front to hide how upset and disappointed she is at Viv for rejecting & not wanting to be a part of their incest lifestyle
I can certainly see your point. On the other hand the entire family feels a little bit like a cult, and cult often behave like this, piling on pressure to force wayward or wavering members back into the fold. Normally it starts somewhat friendly, but can turn downright vicious, if the sheep fails to return to the flock.

krollmeister

Aug 9, 2017
I can certainly see your point. On the other hand the entire family feels a little bit like a cult, and cult often behave like this, piling on pressure to force wayward or wavering members back into the fold. Normally it starts somewhat friendly, but can turn downright vicious, if the sheep fails to return to the flock.
yeah makes sense now given that the aunts response when she fails to change Vivs mind is to pretty much give her a care package and tell her that she's cut off from the family. mom at least aside from faking drunk was nice and wanted Viv's acceptance of the incest to be willing and her own choice

Reactions: bacienvu88

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
is there an up to date walkthrough for this? the one in the opening post was abandoned.
It's not on the OP then the chance are low. This game is one with the most interweaved paths on this site.
That make the game very interesting and complex at the same time.
Yet, that make walkthrough as difficult as they are for this game and are the reason why this game has no up-to-date walkthrough.

BlackWebGames I tip my hat to your work as I haven't seen a major bug regardless of the many paths and how they are interweaved with each other.
I will need to do a thoughtful playtrough with a lots of save and an excel sheet. Perhaps I will do that on Sunday.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes