VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yes! That was one of my favorite adult games of all time. I was really invested in the characters and wanted to see how their story would unfold. Then all of a sudden all the time I invested in the game was wasted due to that reboot. Not only did she remove all the character from the MC's face resulting in her looking like a plastic doll/filter addiction. The worse part was changing the characters especially their personality. The game actually spent time building up a connection between the characters so that when something actually sexual happens it was much more enjoyable. I gave the reboot a shot and dropped it due to it devolving into a just another fuck fest game. At least it still had lesbian mode I believe.

The less said about the "brother" the better.
Yes, still has the lesbian mode and trans mode. Even if it is a "fuck fest", is still one of the few games out there you can play without the protagonist having to suck some old fat ugly dudes dick.

Reactions: GokutheG

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Well not to disparage other game devs, it is my opinion that what happened is a case of chasing the money. They were not making the money that they wanted to make and when they heard people constantly saying that they wont play it because they don't play female MC they instead decided to scrap their game and make a more 'profitable' game instead and call it a remake trying to capture both old and new.

It was pretty disheartening to see when people got angry about the change the Dev's response was well if I get enough patrons then I will put up a poll and let them decided. Or pay me money and I will maybe make the changes that you want.

I will never let other people dictate my vision for the game. I will however take advice and criticism on improvements that can be made. There are a lot of things that I just don't notice or think of. More over, I want people to enjoy playing my games so if I can tweak it so more people enjoy it then I will do my best.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I just have to say that she losses her gorgeous cheek bones/ nice jaw line. She looks generic and like any other side girl you'd find in an adult game. To me this change would be nothing but a downgrade especially if you are on the dom path.
Cheekbones restored.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: .Septic.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Cheekbones restored.
I do think the cheeks are better in this picture but I still love how strong her jaw is in the game. I'd prefer to keep her the same because the original fits a Dom path more and this one looks like it'd fit the sub role better. Women with strong jaws sadly aren't seen that often and I'd hate to lose her for the more typical "cute" look.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
What's the feeling on SS? I haven't noticed anyone there complaining about how Viv looks
True, and I take that into major consideration which is why when I did the redesign I put it up to a poll on which people think looks better and the majority of people said the new version. And I have actually been using the new version for the sorority party and up until now no one has commented on her change of appearance

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Well not to disparage other game devs, it is my opinion that what happened is a case of chasing the money. They were not making the money that they wanted to make and when they heard people constantly saying that they wont play it because they don't play female MC they instead decided to scrap their game and make a more 'profitable' game instead and call it a remake trying to capture both old and new.

It was pretty disheartening to see when people got angry about the change the Dev's response was well if I get enough patrons then I will put up a poll and let them decided. Or pay me money and I will maybe make the changes that you want.

I will never let other people dictate my vision for the game. I will however take advice and criticism on improvements that can be made. There are a lot of things that I just don't notice or think of. More over, I want people to enjoy playing my games so if I can tweak it so more people enjoy it then I will do my best.
She had two other games that were in the starting phases that she could have used for such changes so the decision to reboot sucked.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
True, and I take that into major consideration which is why when I did the redesign I put it up to a poll on which people think looks better and the majority of people said the new version. And I have actually been using the new version for the sorority party and up until now no one has commented on her change of appearance
When was the poll? I don't remember that

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Huh. I had decided to wait on the party to be complete before I started once again. Hopefully the recoding goes well and makes development go smoother in the future.

Apr 19, 2020
Wow. That was the most depressing run through the game I have ever done. Des has negative affection points, Mom is heartbroken and Viv is blackmailed by Harper.
Silver lining is, it's still pretty hot, cuz now Viv only has Ms. Harper to lean on. Whole lotta exploitive potential there.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Also BlackWebGames
I got this again from a different route, this time I did this (approximately):
Tara dom. Sleepover with Des. Help Eva cheat. Invite Eva to live at home. Shopping with Des and claim her. Go to party with Des and Eva. At party go with Rebecca. Don't have sex with Rebecca and look for Des. Eva finds Viv and then Des with huge fight. Viv stands between them and tells the truth and Des runs away with a broken heart. Viv follows Des. Viv gives a gift to Des in art studio and both get nude. Eva explains from her pov what happened between Des and Eva. Viv goes to see Des and they talk about what happened. The error message comes.

By the way, I really love that route, because both Des and Eva gets to show their vulnerable side. And the writing is good throughout.

Reactions: FreeCaster333

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I got this again from a different route, this time I did this (approximately):
Tara dom. Sleepover with Des. Help Eva cheat. Invite Eva to live at home. Shopping with Des and claim her. Go to party with Des and Eva. At party go with Rebecca. Don't have sex with Rebecca and look for Des. Eva finds Viv and then Des with huge fight. Viv stands between them and tells the truth and Des runs away with a broken heart. Viv follows Des. Viv gives a gift to Des in art studio and both get nude. Eva explains from her pov what happened between Des and Eva. Viv goes to see Des and they talk about what happened. The error message comes.

By the way, I really love that route, because both Des and Eva gets to show their vulnerable side. And the writing is good throughout.
I tried to do this exact route awhile back and no matter what I tried I could not get both Des and Eva at the party together. I was able to get Des / Mom and Eva / Mom, but I do t know what I screwed up to prevent Des and Eva from going together.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I tried to do this exact route awhile back and no matter what I tried I could not get both Des and Eva at the party together. I was able to get Des / Mom and Eva / Mom, but I do t know what I screwed up to prevent Des and Eva from going together.
Not sure what you have tried. You can't take both Des and Mom at the same time to the party. Des, Des / Eva, Mom, Mom / Eva are the four combinations possible. Also note that you can only get Des / Eva party if you help Eva cheat. Then when talking to Eva you need to say that you are going to a party and invite her.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Without looking at the code to make absolutely certain you should be able to invite if you help her cheat and if you help her write the paper. You just have to mention you are going to the party when you talk to jer the next day when she is looking for a way to pay you back.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes