VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Without looking at the code to make absolutely certain you should be able to invite if you help her cheat and if you help her write the paper. You just have to mention you are going to the party when you talk to jer the next day when she is looking for a way to pay you back.
You only get the big convo with Eva the next day where you can mention going to the party if you help her cheat. The other way to get Eva invited is if she lives at home and you are going to the party with Mom and goes shopping with her, then Eva goes along Viv and Mom to the party.

If you blow off Eva or help her write the paper you only get short convos before Oscar butts in.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
I got this again from a different route, this time I did this (approximately):
Tara dom. Sleepover with Des. Help Eva cheat. Invite Eva to live at home. Shopping with Des and claim her. Go to party with Des and Eva. At party go with Rebecca. Don't have sex with Rebecca and look for Des. Eva finds Viv and then Des with huge fight. Viv stands between them and tells the truth and Des runs away with a broken heart. Viv follows Des. Viv gives a gift to Des in art studio and both get nude. Eva explains from her pov what happened between Des and Eva. Viv goes to see Des and they talk about what happened. The error message comes.

By the way, I really love that route, because both Des and Eva gets to show their vulnerable side. And the writing is good throughout.
This is actually the route I want to continue most as it will probably lead to the Sorority party with Eva trying to prove she can be a proper and supportive girlfriend worthy of the last chance she's been given. (Good chance to lead to more meek and obedient Eva scenes)

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
This is actually the route I want to continue most as it will probably lead to the Sorority party with Eva trying to prove she can be a proper and supportive girlfriend worthy of the last chance she's been given. (Good chance to lead to more meek and obedient Eva scenes)
The Eva romance path is fun. If not for anything else then just for how uncomfortable Eva becomes from anything romance. :D

• Love
Reactions: Alley_Cat

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Hello! I have now finished my walkthrough of DDS. The walkthrough is long and complicated. Hopefully it is useful and relatively understandable. If you find something that is erroneous or something that could be made in a better way, feel free to mention it.

The walkthrough is for version 0.5.41 beta. I have not included the sorority party in the walkthrough because "Everything from here on is subject to change.".

Walkthrough Dog Days of Summer.pdf

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
The Eva romance path is fun. If not for anything else then just for how uncomfortable Eva becomes from anything romance. :D
Viv is apparently the most honest person she has ever had the pleasure of meeting. Eva is frustrated and terrified that Viv will however actually be like all her past relationships. She does however want Viv to really be the wonderfully perfect person she seems to be. In short, she's just being cautious since she's aware almost everyone in New Amsterdam has a selfish motive that boils down to getting sex.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
I tried this game because of looking for mother/daughter relationship. But that whole thing with Viv's father really turned me off. However, Des' route is still worth it for me to play this game. Also: reasonable dialogues, decent visual, mostly good characters (except family).
The father thing is actually more significant than you realize. Blackweb admitted that they painted Viv's dad is the embodiment of the typical male MC in other games. Every woman wants him simply for existing. It was only a turnoff for me because it was a massive info dump that serves very little purpose other than to explain that Viv is geneticly predispositioned to attract women in the same manner he did.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Having a look through the code, finally finding out that Aunt Suzanne actually is Mom's ex-girlfriend and how hilarious some of the dialogue makes me kinda sad I'm on the Mom path.

Hey BlackWebGames, there's a chance we'll meet the Aunt on the Mom path isn't there?
What do you mean "ex"? As far as I understand they never stopped being girlfriends, even through the marriage. And you do get info that they are girlfriends on all mom routes as well.

But on reject mom route you get info from Suzanne's perspective as well. Especially that Aunt Suzanne is so jealous of Viv. In fact I suspect that the offer of financial support has hidden motives. She would love for Viv to take that offer and leave Aunt Suzanne as Mom's main girlfriend without any serious rivals.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What do you mean "ex"? As far as I understand they never stopped being girlfriends, even through the marriage. And you do get info that they are girlfriends on all mom routes as well.

But on reject mom route you get info from Suzanne's perspective as well. Especially that Aunt Suzanne is so jealous of Viv. In fact I suspect that the offer of financial support has hidden motives. She would love for Viv to take that offer and leave Aunt Suzanne as Mom's main girlfriend without any serious rivals.
I was meaning more as opposed to being Mom's sister, who I don't believe we know yet how close they are. Or even if she has one.

Since Suzanne hasn't appeared in my playthrough, I haven't paid that much attention to her as a character, hence why I might be get some details not quite right.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I was meaning more as opposed to being Mom's sister, who I don't believe we know yet how close they are. Or even if she has one.

Since Suzanne hasn't appeared in my playthrough, I haven't paid that much attention to her as a character, hence why I might be get some details not quite right.
Ah. I have played this so many times that I don't understand the concept of only doing one playthrough. :)

Anyway, I believe Aunt Suzanne is going to be in the story in all routes, or at least all mom routes.

Reactions: BlackWebGames

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022

According to Blackweb, Viv actually possess the same charismatic lure her father has. Add that New Amsterdam residents are predispositioned to be quite devious in the pursuit of getting what they want, it is more likely the aunt is actually trying to claim Viv for herself as the only living genetic link of

It is also possible for the opposite. She may actually be trying to steal Viv for herself. Viv is the last known living genetic link to her father. She may have had a brother complex if she was so drawn to sleeping with him. Stealing his child for herself would then fit this need to continue having some part of him close.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
According to Blackweb, Viv actually possess the same charismatic lure her father has. Add that New Amsterdam residents are predispositioned to be quite devious in the pursuit of getting what they want, it is more likely the aunt is actually trying to claim Viv for herself as the only living genetic link of

It is also possible for the opposite. She may actually be trying to steal Viv for herself. Viv is the last known living genetic link to her father. She may have had a brother complex if she was so drawn to sleeping with him. Stealing his child for herself would then fit this need to continue having some part of him close.
We don't know yet if Suzanne was in love with her brother but she seems to be in love with Viv's Mom. My guess is that she was jealous of both Mom and Dad (Suzanne's brother) when they moved to live together without Suzanne. Note how Mom claims that Dad loved Mom more than "the others" which I assume includes Suzanne.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
We don't know yet if Suzanne was in love with her brother but she seems to be in love with Viv's Mom. My guess is that she was jealous of both Mom and Dad (Suzanne's brother) when they moved to live together without Suzanne. Note how Mom claims that Dad loved Mom more than "the others" which I assume includes Suzanne.
It's actually implied that the open relationship was mutual between all three. This theory of possessiveness does not fit the narrative.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
It's actually implied that the open relationship was mutual between all three. This theory of possessiveness does not fit the narrative.
This is all my idle speculation, not something that is necessary what I think happened. And it is more likely that all is well and there is no tension or jealousy. So don't take it too seriously. :)

That said, what I latch on to is this sentence from Aunt Suzanne: It's tough always being second in your mom's heart.
And if following this thought my guess is that the open relationship worked well in the beginning when all three of them were mostly equal (and I assume that these three are the most important individuals in the harem relationship). But the dynamic changed when Mom and Dad moved in with each other and had a daughter since Suzanne would get less opportunities to be together with the other two and thus the possibility for jealousy to grow in her heart. And this leads to further speculation that she knows in her head that what they have is good and there really is no reason for jealousy. But her heart can not help but long for being the number one in Mom's heart.

Reactions: FrostRabbit7

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
This is all my idle speculation, not something that is necessary what I think happened. And it is more likely that all is well and there is no tension or jealousy. So don't take it too seriously. :)

That said, what I latch on to is this sentence from Aunt Suzanne: It's tough always being second in your mom's heart.
And if following this thought my guess is that the open relationship worked well in the beginning when all three of them were mostly equal (and I assume that these three are the most important individuals in the harem relationship). But the dynamic changed when Mom and Dad moved in with each other and had a daughter since Suzanne would get less opportunities to be together with the other two and thus the possibility for jealousy to grow in her heart. And this leads to further speculation that she knows in her head that what they have is good and there really is no reason for jealousy. But her heart can not help but long for being the number one in Mom's heart.
Aunt is in for disappointment if true because Viv would come first in Mom's heart.

Reactions: bacienvu88
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes